Bills player tested positive?

31 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

It sound like a situation where the Bills management let this go.....at this point a phone call might/should have been made.  If it continues, a nice few minute 'Cole, sit down in my office' conversation should happen.  If THAT still doesn't slow this down, then maybe severe action will be taken.

It is hard to be known as a coach/GM/organization that 'stands by its players' and lets them 'be who they are', but then to come down too hard on them for their social media use.  The Pats?  Yeah, they might have cut him already. But the Bills I think pride themselves on giving the players a lot of rope....lets see just how much that is though.

According to McDermott, he had that conversation with Cole already. It hasn't stopped Cole. 

I'm likely one of Cole's harshest critics on how he handles himself off the field, but I don't think he's at a cut level unless this is causing a problem within the locker room (or starting rumblings). I do think they need to have another sit down with him and explain they support him expressing himself, but that it does cause a distraction for the team and just how much this means to him compared to what they're trying to accomplish as a football team. 

Edited by jeremy2020

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Beane said that to his knowledge, the team had not been instructed by management not to talk about covid or vaccine issues.

So I dunno. 

I believe that was in response to him discussing his views and stance on the pandemic and vaccination. In my opinion, releasing to the public information on results of testing inside the facility and whether or not that player who tested positive was or wasn't vaccinated (whether or not he mentioned them by name) is a different situation.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cutting him: I don't know.  For starters, depends upon whether or not there was, in fact, a team request not to discuss such matters.

I'm certainly not going to defend it.  I think it's very poor.

Where the rubber hits the road is when camp starts. He says he's going to get tested each day and when the test comes back negative, he's going to do what all of the vaccinated players get to do at camp.

Day 1 is going to very interesting. Will Cole cave and abide by the restrictions, or will he walk around unmasked and try to eat with his teammates? And if he does flaunt the rules, what do Beane and McD have to do?

Edited by Motorin'

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Cole.  GET OFF TWITTER.

Everyone get off Twitter.  Let's get back to human conversation where we're not judged and idolized by the number or robot likes a post had.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I doubt we cut him, but if we do, some of y’all have way more faith in a 34 year old WR and a 2nd year player than I do.  

Sanders is still very good… he’s also 34. 

Davis looks like he could be a stud… he’s also in his second year.  

And I swear, if someone brings up McKenzie or Hodgins/Stevenson…

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Where the rubber hits the road is when camp starts. He says he's going to get tested each day and when the test comes back negative, he's going to do what all of the vaccinated players get to do at camp.

Day 1 is going to very interesting. Will Cole cave and abide by the restrictions, or will he walk around unmasked and try to eat with his teammates? And if he does flaunt the rules, what do Beane and McD have to do?

If I recall correctly, he was more opposed to the restrictions outside of the facility than inside 

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The polio vaccine is so effective, because like smallpox, the disease has been largely eradicated.  Vaccinations for things like the flu will never be 100% effective.

There are differences between that and the flu which is not one virus but multiple.   

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

Oh man, we sure don't like his opinion. Ban him! Cut him! Delete his Twitter!

Rabble, rabble, rabble!

It's not about the opinion at this point, Cole is breaking team news on his Twitter account.  

• Simon locked this topic