Bills player tested positive?

4 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

It would be nice if these threads didn't get locked so we could actually discuss the topic.  Too many times I'll start reading a thread and get into it, and want to make a legitimate response and then it gets locked.

When politics get involved, how about a mod removing some of the offensive posts AND banning the posters who bring up politics for a good week or two instead of just closing threads we want to talk about?

I guess the mods do a pretty good job, I'd just like to see less threads closed and instead just do temp bans on the dumb posters who get the closed.

This is a valid question/idea and deserves a thoughtful response.

We tried to run that way pretty much all summer in 2020.  It was really rough.  The mods who were in town and active were working super-hard to remove responses that were insulting, rude,  and contained misinformation and falsehoods.  @SDS was getting bombed with Love Notes from people who just couldn't understand why their far right (or far left for that matter) low-factuality source wasn't given equal standing with New England Journal of Medicine or a high-factuality vetted source.

Contentious, non-football threads were taking over the board.

Matters came to a head, the mods weighed in off in the Mod Corral, and @SDS made a decision that is encapsulated in the pinned post at the top of the page.

But every time a thread like this starts, our experience is that people forget the requests in that pinned post and dive into general opinion about covid and politics.  Other people can't resist responding, so one post by one poster quickly grows to 10 or 20 posts by 8 or 9 posters. 

In theory, it would be great to do as you suggest, but in practice it simply doesn't self-police well.  The burden on the mods quickly escalates trying to keep things in line.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Not a joke.

Ridiculous, absurd unnecessary distraction. keeps going like this all the hard work OBD has done in terms of image formation  can dissolve away.  One way to attention I guess.

If I were Beane I would be mighty upset, call Beasley's agent already and lay it on the line, he can have free speech all he wants but his employer can also fire his ass.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am so confused here. What is going on with Cody Ford? 

nothing major - some “superfan” said something like Ford was his biggest disappointment on the team and Ford saw it and responded.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

...getting bombed with Love Notes from people who just couldn't understand why their far right (or far left for that matter) low-factuality source wasn't given equal standing with New England Journal of Medicine or a high-factuality vetted source.

thanks for taking the time to explain. And, I loved the bolded portion.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not getting vaccinated is not against team rules.

But I have to imagine going to social media to break news on positive tests in the facility could be...

Ignoring the political aspect of it... that's really not a good look. At least he didn't provide the name of the player that tested positive. 

I don't think he's done enough to have the Bills consider releasing/trading him, but he's quickly approaching that threshold. I have to imagine McBeane are going to have another sitdown with him and tell him he needs to stop being a distraction on social media. I'd guess this would be the last warning before he faces real consequences (fines, suspension, cut from the team). 

So, irrespective of anyone's thoughts on covid or the vaccines, is anybody here really going to defend Cole's decision to publicly out one of his teammates being sent home with a positive test? That's the line where I think I'm comfortable with the team just cutting him and moving on, as much as I hate losing a good player.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not getting vaccinated is not against team rules.

But I have to imagine going to social media to break news on positive tests in the facility could be...

Beane said that to his knowledge, the team had not been instructed by management not to talk about covid or vaccine issues.

So I dunno. 

But Allen and Edmunds and Poyer certainly responded in interviews as though there had been at least a player discussion or player leadership request to that end.

40 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Beasley asking Pfizer to compensate his wife if he gets vaccinated.  

Beasley is now a distraction. 

I agree.  I really thought he was going to calm down and do his job.  It’s a shame.