It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Why is she justifying the CDC?  

Why is she speaking on their behalf at all?

The response should be "ask them."    

LOL… you tards all worried about the proven non fraud of mail in voting and drop boxes and having a kaniption when govt tries to stop actual pandemic 

• Vomit 1

On 7/20/2021 at 2:41 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Enough already.

Guess what? It's constitutional, and it has been for a century:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2021/07/20/federal-judge-upholds-indiana-universitys-covid-19-vaccine-requirement

The Indiana University case cites two early 20th century Supreme Court cases upholding vaccine mandates.

Vaccine relucatance - or worse, outright anti-vaxxer sentiment - is about to turn an acute, time-limited problem into a never-ending problem. If the percent vaccinated doesn't uptick considerably in the next couple months, look forward to online education, mask mandates, maxed-out emergency rooms, travel bans, all that fun stuff all over again.

We've heard you anti-vaxxers. Six months into mass vaccination and your irrational fears have been dispelled. For the obstinate "I won't get vaccinated just because they want us to" -- why they hell did Trump and Melania and family get vaccinated if it's some kind of radical lefty plot?

There's still time. Start with simple things: let private businesses require proof of vaccination status. It's their damn business, it's just a continuation of that old "We Reserve Right to Refuse Service to Anyone" sign that I grew up with. If that isn't working, proceed to the next step: vaccine mandates for various higher-risk activities like colleges, in-person high school attendance, air travel. If that isn't working, then go full-on vaccine mandate. 

When did we get to be a country of such whiners? It's there, it's free (at least to you, the recipient), it's working, it's the way out of this mess. Do. It. Now.

At what age do you draw the line for it being mandatory? It is the difference being wanting to be a dictator and being evil.

CDC warns COVID-19 may be a few mutations away from evading vaccines

COVID-19 may be “just a few mutations” away from being able to evade vaccines, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky warned Tuesday.

Walensky said the current vaccines are effective against severe cases of the coronavirus, including those caused by its known variants, but its continuing spread could allow the disease to mutate beyond the immunizations’ protection.

“The largest concern that I think we in public health and sciences are worried about is that virus and potential mutations … [have] the potential to evade our vaccine in terms of how it protects us from severe disease and death,” Walensky said at a press briefing.

“Right now, fortunately, we are not there. 

https://nypost.com/2021/07/27/cdc-covid-19-may-be-a-few-mutations-away-from-evading-vaccines/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=message_app

She just said the post Fall 2021 plan out loud!

tenor.gif

13 minutes ago, ALF said:

The drug companies say they can tweak the pfizer and moderna vaccine to deal with future variants , I hope

Yea...

We probably should have let it rip thru the population quickly and naturally instead of dragging this disaster out.  

2 hours ago, Governor said:

We’re now entering the most crucial period. Look at the US map today from the CDC.

Team Blue, you know what to do.

You still don’t get it, do you? Most people who haven’t gotten the vaccine aren’t getting it because they’ve yet to be impacted. (I’m vaccinated, and have been for months now.) When the charts and graphs get to a certain point the next wave of people will make the CHOICE to get vaccinated.  It’s messy for sure, but it’s how things work in a free society. Relax! 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You still don’t get it, do you? Most people who haven’t gotten the vaccine aren’t getting it because they’ve yet to be impacted. (I’m vaccinated, and have been for months now.) When the charts and graphs get to a certain point the next wave of people will make the CHOICE to get vaccinated.  It’s messy for sure, but it’s how things work in a free society. Relax! 

It’s not messy at all for me. I’m in the yellow/moderate section of the map that has the highest percentage vaccinated county in the entire state, if not the entire country.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

It’s not messy at all for me. I’m in the yellow/moderate section of the map that has the highest percentage vaccinated county in the entire state, if not the entire country.

And we’re all supposed to run a free society around how it impacts you? 

NOT THE BABYLON BEE: 

The Pittsburgh Steelers are making unvaccinated players wear yellow wristbands.

“[T]he NFL is little more than a propaganda machine if you ask me. So this stuff is just a sneak-peak into the world the rest of us will soon be living in.

https://notthebee.com/article/the-pittsburgh-steelers-are-making-unvaccinated-players-wear-yellow-wristbands

3 hours ago, Governor said:

We’re now entering the most crucial period. Look at the US map today from the CDC.

Team Blue, you know what to do.

oh no! im in a dark red area.  i survived 2 "super spreader" events, so i'll take my chances again.