It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What was any of this all about for the past year? 

It was this.

The masks came off and life was close to getting back to normal for the sane - but then the Teachers Union got big mad and forced the inevitable.  Masks in schools for the fall.  And indefinitely.   

Oh and they're ready to shut it down again:

Sounds like......April 2020:

32 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Excellent comment, but actually we flattened the curve in NYC too.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109711/coronavirus-cases-by-date-new-york-city/

It was a remarkably effective response to an incredibly dangerous situation at the time.

This is why I'm sick and tired of hearing people mock "15 days to slow the spread." 

It’s almost as if a respiratory virus did what every other respiratory virus does and got worse in winter, declined over the spring and summer, and ramped up again in the fall and winter. Did it 2020, and now again in 2021.

Hmm, who coulda thunk that would happen with all the vaccines and boosters!

Edited by plenzmd1

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

It’s almost as if a respiratory virus did what every other respiratory virus does and got worse in winter, declined over the spring and summer, and ramped up again in the fall and winter. Did it 2020, and now again in 2021.

Hmm, who coulda thunk that would happen with all the vaccines and boosters!

Except that's not what happened.

How quickly they (choose to) forget.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/06/second-coronavirus-surge-here/613522/

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It was this.

The masks came off and life was close to getting back to normal for the sane - but then the Teachers Union got big mad and forced the inevitable.  Masks in schools for the fall.  And indefinitely.   

Oh and they're ready to shut it down again:

Sounds like......April 2020:

WTF is this? We can go back safely- we in Florida have proven that- but this would make teachers less responsible for the failing students.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

WTF is this? We can go back safely- we in Florida have proven that- but this would make teachers less responsible for the failing students.

No one will talk about this 

Because again, if would show how wrong they've been - they've ruined 10s of millions of childhoods.  Politically you don't own up to that.  

If you're human you do.  But Democrats aren't humans.  

8 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Sweden did not overwhelm their healthcare system without a lockdown, so I would say your "success" would only be considered such if your only metric is one dimensional 

Go look at the vaccination rate of Sweden.  That is a population that follows what their government says, far better than the US.  Sweden has also admitted they botched that part of Covid and their death rate was too high.  Realize also Sweden was not testing for Covid as aggressively as the rest of the world since they were going for herd immunity.  Also, most of their gatherings were outdoors, lowering the risk.  Compare it to Russia, who doesn't follow what their government says unless forced, which only happened recently.  You want to be multi-dimensional, let's be multi-dimensional.

Edited by GaryPinC

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

You are serious? Can’t be, no way. Honestly, from the start we were told vaccines would stop transmission, that only changed when the effectiveness went down. 

people who want to believe like you rehash facts to fit your narrative. How can you deny any of these things were said? They are all on record. 

a few breakthough cases is not the same as it was never intended to stop transmission. Call it a therapeutic if ya want, it sure as chit ain’t a vaccine. 

BTW, my double mask wearing , rule following, triple shot daughter at home with Covid right now. 

all a ***** sham, and you buying into it. Virus was always gunna virus. Change the tone on vaccines as they are not a solution out as we are seeing, and it’s a danger to society and public health to keep pushing something as a panacea to the Covid era when it so clearly does not work as intended. 

Good Lord, you are incredibly dense.  The vaccine wasn't touted to prevent transmission until it was proven by trial back in January of 2021.  This was against early variants, there was no Delta and omicron at that point.

From spring of 2020 until January 2021, vaccine trials focused on prevention/mitigation of severity.  This was the primary endpoint for emergency approval.

Prevention of transmission was proven after healthcare workers had begun vaccination and was icing on the cake.  

It's a virus.  They mutate.  The science changes.  Welcome to science.  The government is not to blame for that.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:31 AM, ALF said:

A year and a half after Sweden decided not to lock down, its COVID-19 death rate is up to 10 times higher than its neighbors

Plus, Sweden's economy still shrank 8.6% from April to June of last year — its largest quarterly fall in at least 40 years. By comparison, Denmark's economy shrank 7.4% during that time, Norway's 5.1%, and Finland's just 3.2%. (None of these economies shrank by more than 4% over the course of 2020, though.)

Sweden's unemployment rate also rose from 6.6% in March 2020 to 9.5% in March 2021. Norway, Denmark, and Finland all saw unemployment rise by smaller margins: around one percentage point, on average.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-covid-no-lockdown-strategy-failed-higher-death-rate-2021-8

This is because you and others have NEVER understood viral disease.  

You cite and freak out about "800,000 DEATHS due to COVID-19 in TWO YEARS" when in reality, probably 6 MILLION people have died in the United States over this time period.  You're just choosing to freak out about a sub-set of those afflicted, because for whatever reason.

But Respiratory viruses every year pick off the weakest and vulnerable...that sucks, it's not good, but it happens every year.   Without such focus on this particular virus we might never have even noticed what was happening.  

The reality is many of the most acute deaths, early on, were likely caused by mis-treatment (i.e. throwing elderly on Ventilators from which they would not recover)...it's been shown that we didn't understand the Blood-oxygen drop was temporary and that very likely skewed these numbers.

Whatver, this happens every year.  The COVID numbers are over-stated and every year the Flu numbers are massively understated because they ain't lookin for it

3 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Go look at the vaccination rate of Sweden.  That is a population that follows what their government says, far better than the US.  Sweden has also admitted they botched that part of Covid and their death rate was too high.  Realize also Sweden was not testing for Covid as aggressively as the rest of the world since they were going for herd immunity.  Also, most of their gatherings were outdoors, lowering the risk.  Compare it to Russia, who doesn't follow what their government says unless forced, which only happened recently.  You want to be multi-dimensional, let's be multi-dimensional.

The vaccine was not available widely until 2021 so them not overwhelming the hospitals there is not due to the vaccine, not sure why you think it is related. Them not testing for Covid is also not related to people having serious symptoms causing hospitalization. Not sure what your point is about Russia or outdoor events since they are not related to the American version of lockdown. Not one point you make justifies the lockdowns one bit 

14 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Good Lord, you are incredibly dense.  The vaccine wasn't touted to prevent transmission until it was proven by trial back in January of 2021.  This was against early variants, there was no Delta and omicron at that point.

From spring of 2020 until January 2021, vaccine trials focused on prevention/mitigation of severity.  This was the primary endpoint for emergency approval.

Prevention of transmission was proven after healthcare workers had begun vaccination and was icing on the cake.  

It's a virus.  They mutate.  The science changes.  Welcome to science.  The government is not to blame for that.

If I am dense, you are just a complete idiot that denies evidence.First, if it was not intended to stop transmission why is it called a vaccine? Just answer that one question and cite another vaccine that was not intended to stop transmission only help with symptoms once contracted. I will stop all posting if you can simply prove what you assert , the vaccines initial goal was to curb symptoms, and it was never intended to stop transmission. 

I suppose you will deny this too directly from the FDA Website.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions

Jesus , i would rather be dence than as gullible as you

The data to support the EUA of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine include an analysis of 36,523 participants in the ongoing randomized, blinded, placebo-controlled international study, the majority of whom are U.S. participants, who completed the 2-dose vaccination regimen and did not have evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection through 7 days after the second dose. Among these participants, 18,198 received the vaccine and 18,325 received saline placebo. The vaccine was 95 percent effective in preventing COVID-19 disease among these clinical trial participants with 8 COVID-19 cases in the vaccine group and 162 COVID-19 cases in the placebo group. Of these 170 COVID-19 cases, 1 in the vaccine group and 3 in the placebo group were classified as severe.

Second, watch the video I posted, or the one @Big Blitz did, direct from Faucis mouth “ the are incredibly effective against variants”. Are you truly denying he said that? Do you deny the CEO of Pfizer claimed 100% effectiveness against transmission in South Africa ? Do you deny the hard of the CDC said vaccinated no longer transmit the virus? That Maddow said the “ virus stops at the vaccinated”. If you dumb enoughy to deny all those things even though they are all on the video I linked, you are just being obtuse. 

18 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Except that's not what happened.

How quickly they (choose to) forget.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/06/second-coronavirus-surge-here/613522/

Oh that’s right, it hits when people go back inside, like it has two years in a row in the southeast without a vaccine and with a vaccine, just as it has in the north when we go back inside with or without a “vaccine. “ 

and when it goes down in February/March just like it Did last year, it will be credited to the vaccine. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This is really the salient point re: mandates.

The vaccine was initially shown to reduce infection/transmission. This is no longer the case, even for booster shots. To be fair the FDA said they didn't know how long the vaccine would be effective. That's fine, it showed to maybe be effective for a few months. But if it no longer can, or we don't know whether it can, reduce infection/transmission, why mandate it?

It's not perfect, but the vaccine has shown to improve outcomes for a lot of folks in this, the most obese country in the world. Lots of people who otherwise would have landed in the hospital or morgue simply ended up with a bad cold like non-fatasses with COVID. If you're a fatass, get the shot to prevent a hospital stay. That should be the line. Everything else, at this point, is a lie, and the bases for any and all mandates regarding the vaccine, including in health care workers, are unfounded.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So I’m running at the gym this morning and CNN is on the screen…ugh! They were having a protracted discussion about the science behind the CDC Director saying this morning that she’d only impose mandates that people will tolerate. Sure…that sounds like science! 👍👍

• Haha (+1) 2

How Many COVID-19 Booster Shots Will We Need?

Walter Barker has, since the fall of 2020, had five doses of COVID-19 vaccine. He’s already starting to ponder when he might need a sixth.

Barker, a 38-year-old office worker in New York, received his first two doses a year ago, as part of an AstraZeneca vaccine trial. But the shots, which haven’t been authorized by the FDA, couldn’t get him into some venues. Sick of having to test every time he went to a Yankees game, Barker nabbed a pair of Moderna injections in the spring. Then, when the government urged boosters, he figured he’d “rather be safe than sorry,” especially because of his Type 2 diabetes—a risk factor for severe COVID. That was vaccine No. 5. Plus, he told me, he’d also caught the actual virus between his AstraZeneca and Moderna shots.

A future of annual vaccinations would almost be a relief. In the past year, the U.S. government has recommended that almost everyone eligible be COVID-vaccinated three times over, and the possibility of an Omicron-focused shot now looms. But the sweet spot for boosting frequency isn’t all that easy to find—both undervaccinating and overvaccinating have downsides—and the narrative is definitely not as simple as more is more. Maybe we’ll luck out, and finagle some truly durable protection out of our current shots. Or perhaps we’re just at the start of what could be the world’s most intense and widespread repeat-vaccination campaign to date.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/12/how-many-covid-19-booster-shots/621132/

"The narrative?"

Science!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

If I am dense, you are just a complete idiot that denies evidence.First, if it was not intended to stop transmission why is it called a vaccine? Just answer that one question and cite another vaccine that was not intended to stop transmission only help with symptoms once contracted. I will stop all posting if you can simply prove what you assert , the vaccines initial goal was to curb symptoms, and it was never intended to stop transmission. 

I suppose you will deny this too directly from the FDA Website.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions

Jesus , i would rather be dence than as gullible as you

Second, watch the video I posted, or the one @Big Blitz did, direct from Faucis mouth “ the are incredibly effective against variants”. Are you truly denying he said that? Do you deny the CEO of Pfizer claimed 100% effectiveness against transmission in South Africa ? Do you deny the hard of the CDC said vaccinated no longer transmit the virus? That Maddow said the “ virus stops at the vaccinated”. If you dumb enoughy to deny all those things even though they are all on the video I linked, you are just being obtuse. 

Oh that’s right, it hits when people go back inside, like it has two years in a row in the southeast without a vaccine and with a vaccine, just as it has in the north when we go back inside with or without a “vaccine. “ 

and when it goes down in February/March just like it Did last year, it will be credited to the vaccine. 

I guess you forgot that it's summer in South Africa.

I knew you had issues with math and reading comprehension. Add geography to the list.

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I guess you forgot that it's summer in South Africa.

I knew you had issues with math and reading comprehension. Add geography to the list.

You do realize South Africa is a massive country with similar temperature disparities to the US? Your statement is like saying "you do realize its summer and August  in the US, that's why people in Arizona and Florida and Texas are outside more, its the perfect time to be outside". 

Be good if you learned a bit of geography and climate ya dolt.

Ya still saying the vaccines stop transmission ? Ya really believe that? And before ya say." they prevent hospitalization", answer the question, do they prevent transmission?

44 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You do realize South Africa is a massive country with similar temperature disparities to the US? Your statement is like saying "you do realize its summer and August  in the US, that's why people in Arizona and Florida and Texas are outside more, its the perfect time to be outside". 

Be good if you learned a bit of geography and climate ya dolt.

Ya still saying the vaccines stop transmission ? Ya really believe that? And before ya say." they prevent hospitalization", answer the question, do they prevent transmission?

I’ll answer for you from personal experience! This is all crap now. EVERYONE that I know that has Covid right now is fully vaccinated and many have already been boosted as well. The Biden/Fauchi Team don’t have a damn clue what they’re doing here! Absolutely pathetic public policy and health administration. Someone needs to lose their job or at the very least be muzzled from speaking about this from this point forward. WHAT A MESS!!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll answer for you from personal experience! This is all crap now. EVERYONE that I know that has Covid right now is fully vaccinated and many have already been boosted as well. The Biden/Fauchi Team don’t have a damn clue what they’re doing here! Absolutely pathetic public policy and health administration. Someone needs to lose their job or at the very least be muzzled from speaking about this from this point forward. WHAT A MESS!!

Yep, my triple shot , double mask wearing daughter going through a rough couple days of Covid right now. 

Triple jabbed nephew just texted me this will be first home game he missed since 2012 as he is in bed with Covid and feeling like poop for the last 48 hours. 

But guys like @The Frankish Reichwill continue to claim the vaccines are doing their job as intended and we would be out of this if just everyone got jabbed more. Data be damned! 

every single person I know who has tested positive for Covid since July has been fully vaxed. And I knows lots o folks who have tested positive, including  me, my wife , and both kids who do not live with us.