It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

19 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am thanks...feel 95% now, just a slight tiredness to joints...any other Non Covid year would not be thinking twice about it.

Gosh, we should really disrupt Life & the Economy for what is really the same old Cold/Flu (albeit hystericized by the Left/Media)

I have news for people...there haven't been enough human "generations" for Evolutionary process to catch our Immune Systems up for the fact that Life Spans have basically doubled from 38 years in 1880s to mid-70s in 2020s.  

Thus this common cold coronavirus could cause a problem for older people (and of course immuno-compromised)...we can not and should not ruin society for 2 years every time this happens -- they didn't in 1969 and yadda yadda, they just didn't have Social Media and Left media capable of freaking everyone out.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

True immunity would be the protection you get from the measles, polio, chickenpox vaccine. They are not perfect but 99% of people are immune.

So this is not a scientific term but just a term you made up. And you said that I used it but refuse to provide the link, so I guess we'll add that to another thing you're wrong about. 

And another thing you're wrong about: 99% of people who get those vaccines are not immune. About 90% is the actual number. 

As for the rest, you keep claiming it works better than it does but that does not surprise me since you admitted you work for Pfizer 

You posited some theory from nowhere that I work for pharma. I went along with that for your benefit. You can't believe what Pfizer pays me to post here. PPP is one of their big influencer campaigns.  

I'm sorry that when I link to study after study about the effectiveness, long and short term, of the vaccines, it bothers you so much.

Nevertheless, let's do a short review of the data thus far since you don't seem to get it (Pfizer sent me these bullet points to share with you): The vaccines' effectiveness does wane to prevent infection a little for younger people and more for old people. The vaccines' ability to prevent severe complications remains high in all people with some more waning in old people. The vaccine remains very effective against Delta though less so than vs other variants. Natural immunity is effective too, and even more so with a vaccine on top of it. The vaccine is extremely safe (something like 3.5 billion doses so far). Everyone should get vaccinated, and if you don't believe me and you shouldn't because I'm just some guy on the Internet, ask your doctor if you should get vaccinated. 

Immunity does not have to be 500 years but 4 months does not cut it. The Covid shot simply lessens the illness for most people. If it provided real immunity then the vaccinated would be afraid of the unvaccinated. 

More of you diminishing the vaccines' effectiveness. This is your schtick, Mr. Science. 

Edited by Sundancer

7 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

So this is not a scientific term but just a term you made up. And you said that I used it but refuse to provide the link, so I guess we'll add that to another thing you're wrong about. 

And another thing you're wrong about: 99% of people who get those vaccines are not immune. About 90% is the actual number. 

You posited some theory from nowhere that I work for pharma. I went along with that for your benefit. You can't believe what Pfizer pays me to post here. PPP is one of their big influencer campaigns.  

I'm sorry that when I link to study after study about the effectiveness, long and short term, of the vaccines, it bothers you so much.

Nevertheless, let's do a short review of the data thus far since you don't seem to get it (Pfizer sent me these bullet points to share with you): The vaccines' effectiveness does wane to prevent infection a little for younger people and more for old people. The vaccines' ability to prevent severe complications remains high in all people with some more waning in old people. The vaccine remains very effective against Delta though less so than vs other variants. Natural immunity is effective too, and even more so with a vaccine on top of it. The vaccine is extremely safe (something like 3.5 billion doses so far). Everyone should get vaccinated, and if you don't believe me and you shouldn't because I'm just some guy on the Internet, ask your doctor if you should get vaccinated. 

More of you diminishing the vaccines' effectiveness. This is your schtick, Mr. Science. 

Polio and Measles are 97% effective but I would accept the true 90% of chickenpox. You also keep arguing against points I have never make, as I stated I have taken the jab, therefore I believe it is safe, but you keep pretending it is permanent protection. Maybe if you would tell me when you believe the effectiveness wanes we could have a real discussion. Lastly the 4 months comment was hyperbole but apparently that is above you since I answered that directly to you the other day.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Polio and Measles are 97% effective but I would accept the true 90% of chickenpox. You also keep arguing against points I have never make, as I stated I have taken the jab, therefore I believe it is safe, but you keep pretending it is permanent protection. Maybe if you would tell me when you believe the effectiveness wanes we could have a real discussion. Lastly the 4 months comment was hyperbole but apparently that is above you since I answered that directly to you the other day.

Every virus is different.  We were able to get more effective vaccines against some of those you mention because they apparently don't mutate to the same degree as Covid does.  Covid I suspect will be more like the flu in that boosters will be needed yearly as new variants are found.  We should all be glad Covid is not HIV, a virus that has been impossible to vaccinate against.

• Like (+1) 1

Demented Biden and Hyena Harris are personally responsible for thousands of lost lives when they said the didn't trust the "Trump Vaccine".   How could anyone with a soul politicize something like that?  They both should be ashamed.  They both join Cuomo in the murderers hall of shame.  

What

A

Mess

Edited by Irv

Polio and Measles are 97% effective but I would accept the true 90% of chickenpox.

So yes, you were wrong. 

You also keep arguing against points I have never make, as I stated I have taken the jab, therefore I believe it is safe, but you keep pretending it is permanent protection.

Link me where I said it's permanent? You can't, so I'll save you the trouble. Wrong again. 

Maybe if you would tell me when you believe the effectiveness wanes we could have a real discussion.

Literally in the post you quoted, "The vaccines' effectiveness does wane"

Dude, you should quit this argument. 

Lastly the 4 months comment was hyperbole but apparently that is above you since I answered that directly to you the other day.

Well you said over and over again until two days ago that the vaccine doesn't work for most people after 6 months so when you say 4 months, who knows what you now believe? 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Every virus is different.  We were able to get more effective vaccines against some of those you mention because they apparently don't mutate to the same degree as Covid does.  Covid I suspect will be more like the flu in that boosters will be needed yearly as new variants are found.  We should all be glad Covid is not HIV, a virus that has been impossible to vaccinate against.

Covid is easier to wrangle because it’s dependent on the spikes for effectiveness and it does not mutate that quickly compared to others. The smart money is probably on a limited number of boosters before cases are effectively negligible. Delta did us a favor in some ways by driving out a lot of somewhat successful mutations but even delta is only so effective vs the vaccine, and most of its effectiveness is just because it’s so prevelant…and it is so prevelant especially in the US because we have so many people unvaccinated!

I think we are in the 50s now for most vaccinated country rankings. What a cluster. Govs like DeSantis are pounding the table about anti mask mandates when he could be dedicating more energy to talking to his base about the importance of vaccination. Trump holds a rally and gets booed for his wink-wink vaccination line but won’t stand up to his base on that. Failures of leadership abound on vaccination messaging. The CDC has been a disaster too. There should be one message from all leaders: Get vaccinated. And they should be messaging that exactly at the people who are resisting it, be they the GOP base or the black communities. 

Edited by Sundancer

24 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Covid is easier to wrangle because it’s dependent on the spikes for effectiveness and it does not mutate that quickly compared to others. The smart money is probably on a limited number of boosters before cases are effectively negligible. Delta did us a favor in some ways by driving out a lot of somewhat successful mutations but even delta is only so effective vs the vaccine, and most of its effectiveness is just because it’s so prevelant…and it is so prevelant especially in the US because we have so many people unvaccinated!

I think we are in the 50s now for most vaccinated country rankings. What a cluster. Govs like DeSantis are pounding the table about anti mask mandates when he could be dedicating more energy to talking to his base about the importance of vaccination. Trump holds a rally and gets booed for his wink-wink vaccination line but won’t stand up to his base on that. Failures of leadership abound on vaccination messaging. The CDC has been a disaster too. There should be one message from all leaders: Get vaccinated. And they should be messaging that exactly at the people who are resisting it, be they the GOP base or the black communities. 

Agreed

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

So yes, you were wrong. 

Link me where I said it's permanent? You can't, so I'll save you the trouble. Wrong again. 

Literally in the post you quoted, "The vaccines' effectiveness does wane"

Dude, you should quit this argument. 

Well you said over and over again until two days ago that the vaccine doesn't work for most people after 6 months so when you say 4 months, who knows what you now believe? 

I am done arguing with a guy who never answers any questions but has admitted to being a Pfizer employee 

23 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Pfizer pays me handsomely. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I stated this the other day. Covid is fast evolving and thankfully for 99.5% of the population not deadly. The shot is similar to the flu shot, we are protecting against some kinds but not all. 

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

yea, i am becoming more and more convinced this vaccine thing not working the way it should. All anecdotally...but 7 of 8 people i was with at WVU game two weekends ago now have had the coco..all vaxed.

My Bills seatmate lives in CO..early August had 5 houseguests in...5 of the 6 get coco..all vaxed, 6th was/is unvaxed and never tested positive.

At my golf club...pre-vaccines...we had like 10 cases of Covid from March 2020-August 2021 And trust me, there was no social distancing or  mask wearing etc at this good ole boys club in Richmond VA..ever...yes that is correct...i have yet to see one mask worn in my club since this thing started.

Last two months seems like over 30 cases...as far as we can tell...all vaxed. 

Granted, in the CDC stats, only 2 of those cases  count as breakthrough as only 2 people were hospitalized( 2 old guys at golf club)

And i don't want to hear "well, it lessens the symptoms"...then call it something else...but what we putting in our arms right now is anything BUT a vaccine.

Kinda glad i have the coc right now, will finally have some freaking protection that works moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am done arguing with a guy who never answers any questions but has admitted to being a Pfizer employee 

I post stats and studies. You post anecdotes and misinformation, including about me being a Pfizer employee. You're a troll. 

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

520,000 of them over 85 with pre existing co-morbidities 

So...what? Eff em? 

24 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

yea, i am becoming more and more convinced this vaccine thing not working the way it should. All anecdotally...but 7 of 8 people i was with at WVU game two weekends ago now have had the coco..all vaxed.

My Bills seatmate lives in CO..early August had 5 houseguests in...5 of the 6 get coco..all vaxed, 6th was/is unvaxed and never tested positive.

At my golf club...pre-vaccines...we had like 10 cases of Covid from March 2020-August 2021 And trust me, there was no social distancing or  mask wearing etc at this good ole boys club in Richmond VA..ever...yes that is correct...i have yet to see one mask worn in my club since this thing started.

Granted, in the CDC stats, only 2 of those cases  count as breakthrough as only 2 people were hospitalized( 2 old guys at golf club)

And i don't want to hear "well, it lessens the symptoms"...then call it something else...but what we putting in our arms right now is anything BUT a vaccine.

Kinda glad i have the coc right now, will finally have some freaking protection that works moving forward.

Ya had me at "anecdotally." 

27 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I post stats and studies. You post anecdotes and misinformation, including about me being a Pfizer employee. You're a troll. 

So...what? Eff em? 

Ya had me at "anecdotally." 

Well, tell ya what. Show me the number of actual % cases of Covid  that are in fully vaxed people. 

What’s  that? Ya can’t cause the CDC only counts someone who gets hospitized and or dies as a breakthrough case? 

So we could be at 10% cases in fully vaxed, or 50%… wonder why we don’t freaking know. 

So if you quoting CDC about the effectiveness of the vaccine, rest assured that is “ anecdotally “ as well. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.propublica.org/article/the-cdc-only-tracks-a-fraction-of-breakthrough-covid-19-infections-even-as-cases-surge/amp

man, critical thinking and questioning has left the building in this Covid crap. 

Edited by plenzmd1

58 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Agree with this.  Went on fishing trip wiht six guys.  Five of the six tested positive and had symptoms.  All were fully vaccinated.  These vaccines are not working or they are quickly losing efficacy.  And we have Demented Biden and Forgetful Fauci blowing smoke up our asses.  Dopey Joe has totally screwed up the COVID situation.  

What

A

Mess 

Edited by Irv