It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Exactly.

And government will be able to expand this unprecedented newfound power...

It won't stop at just you'll need the vaccine to do A, B, or C.

It can become things we haven't even thought of yet.   

This is why the State loves passing laws or mandates or executive action - as many as possible no matter how unpopular or even known.  Get them to the Courts.  Get them validated.  Continue to expand the state and erode your freedoms they mock.  

So you go to the supermarket and they ask to see your vax card.  You refuse to show it, even if you have one.  My elected representatives passed no legislation that legally requires me to an obligation to share my medical history with every random stranger that asked to see it.  What will they do?  Just let it slide or call the cops?  What are the cops going to do?  Arrest you.  So millions of citizens to do that.  What's the government and its agents going to do?  Arrest them all.  As its obvious these would-be despots have no intertest in facts or science or reason the best way to deal with the mandates is to ignore the illegitimate mandates of an illegitimate administration.  Resist but without violence because part of the game being played Fascists running the show here is to provoke a response they can use to exert more control.      

• Agree 3

How big is all this mRNA research going to be?

Very, especially for those who believe in science, who must not frequent this board. 

20 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Why do you care if someone does not get vaccinated? People who are able to get the jab have had ample chance to protect themselves at this point. And it’s clear that the vaccinated still spread covid. So why the continued obsession and vilification of the unvaxed? On and I’m vaccinated by the way. I’m supposed to do that right? So you think I’m only misguided not deranged? 

I care because widespread vaccination gets my at risk relatives out of this. 

I also care because getting vaccinated shows a modicum of common sense. 

I also care because the unvaccinated are bogging down our health care system. 

I care because people are dying. 

But besides that I’m cool. I’ll be at the game tomorrow. 

30 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Very, especially for those who believe in science, who must not frequent this board. 

Jesus, i needed a box of kleenx reading this post 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ALF said:

A big problem is the stress on hospitals and high cost to insurance companies and businesses. 

Do you think pandemics do not come with a financial cost? I think everyone over 40 should have the vaccine but you need to allow those who don't want it to have freedom to assess their own risk. What kind of pathetic loser tells someone who is healthy with a .0001 chance of dying if they even catch it that they must take a drug without a 5 year study?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LeviF said:

And lol speaking of broad brushes under what universe is type 2 diabetes hereditary? It’s advanced insulin resistance caused by (usually) abusing sugar or (sometimes) blasting your liver. 

You can literally cure type 2 diabetes by adjusting your diet.

You're right.  I thought diabetes milletus was Type 1 which is hereditary and Type 2 was something else.  Upon further review I now understand that the term diabetes milletus refers to a group of diseases including The 1 and Type 2.

I may have over reacted and taken it too personally.  Its just that I know several "at risk" people that can push themselves away from the table.  Conditions like under going through cancer treatment, kidney transplant, and Type 1 diabetes.

You used the term "vast majority"?  How vast is vast?  I usually take that term to be 85%, 90%.  Now you say 60%.   T here are an awfully lot of " at risk" people that have no problem pushing away from the table.

So maybe we're both right? 

Edited by reddogblitz

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

how? 

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"I didn't realize I was a slave until I found out I couldn't do the things I wanted." — Frederick Douglass

How many do you think would have gotten it if they just let everyone in?  How many were at the event? I tried to read the article but I can't read German.

So now unvaccinated people are slaves?  Gross.

• Eyeroll 1

On 8/24/2021 at 2:21 AM, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  I just wish Republicans were more consistent.  Players expressing their free right to kneel during the anthem, women being able to choose whether to have an abortion, and not fighting against workers forming unions come to mind.  In my experience the concept of freedom is only used by both sides when it suits their agenda. 

I've given up the fight again women wanting to kill babies.  The Lord will deal with them.  Players wanting to kneel;  guess what, I can NOT like that, and can say F U, and not watch that BS.  And I don't care about people WANTING to form a union.  What I'm against is people being FORCED into a union.  There's a BIG difference.  I'm all for freedom, and if you, Doc Brown, can't see that I'm for people being able to make those choices, and not FORCED into them, then you've got the problem.  I'm not for forcing anyone into any of them.

56 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

I've given up the fight again women wanting to kill babies.  The Lord will deal with them.  Players wanting to kneel;  guess what, I can NOT like that, and can say F U, and not watch that BS.  And I don't care about people WANTING to form a union.  What I'm against is people being FORCED into a union.  There's a BIG difference.  I'm all for freedom, and if you, Doc Brown, can't see that I'm for people being able to make those choices, and not FORCED into them, then you've got the problem.  I'm not for forcing anyone into any of them.

Fair enough with abortion as a lot of people have deeply held beliefs about it but both parties have found a way to weaponize it for political gain despite the obvious hypocrisy from both sides.  As far as kneeling, the most powerful GOP politician during the whole debate said at a rally that an NFL player who kneels (a personal choice) should be fired. You personally may not agree with Trump in that respect but it definitely got a cheer. 

I've always viewed the "right to work" laws used by Republicans under the guise of freedom of choice as a clever way to weaken the protections that unions provide in order to keep wages low.  Even if only 10% opt out it's a win.  Less union money coming in undoubtedly weakens the bargaining positions of workers.  Thus, it hurts the workers by suppressing their wages and protections.  I guess this really isn't the right place for these debates so I'll shut up now.

How Europe's doors are slamming shut for Americans  Updated 11th September 2021

Earlier in September the European Union recommended that US visitors should be banned from nonessential travel to its member states due to rising Covid-19 cases in the States.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/what-americans-need-to-know-about-eu-restrictions/index.html

• Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Well you should be furious about opening the southern border for the last nine months then….right? 

PS: GO BILLS have a great time at the game 👍

Just now, Beast said:

I'm vaccinated. Strictly my choice. To force anyone to take a vaccine is flat out wrong. 

All this is a temper tantrum by the President and his clueless administration. They had nine months to get the messaging right on this thing and they’ve failed miserably! Now they’re out of ideas because they’ve stuck to their partisan crap and refuse to change the ‘it’s your fault’ narrative. Hey Joe! Why don’t you try firing Dr Fauci for starters? That’ll get the vaccination numbers WAY up over night! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So sad and preventable 

He died, unvaccinated, from Covid-19. His children hope his story changes minds

Mark Hamister told his daughter he realized he had made one grave mistake.

"He said he regretted not getting vaccinated," Katie Hamister said. "It was his biggest regret. But it's too late at that point. You can't turn back."

But the man his son calls the smartest person he knew didn't view Covid-19 as a public health crisis, didn't believe he would get seriously ill if he got infected with the virus – and didn't trust the vaccine.

He was a prolific contributor to political candidates, primarily Republicans at the local and national level, who gained his greatest public notice for his unsuccessful bid to purchase the Sabres in the early 2000s to keep the franchise in Buffalo.

image.thumb.jpeg.ea7ba6a88b3a2dc8b627cd7ddf5ace0e.jpeg

Thank you Trump voters!