It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Let’s just become two countries already.  

I don’t want to feel the need to interact with anyone who supports Joe Biden and I’m sure they feel the same about me.  

He has divided this country beyond repair. 

It would be for the best at this point. Sucks being stuck in NYS for a few more years, but I’ll be out of here after that. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

United Airlines staff who are granted religious exemptions to vaccine mandate will be put on unpaid leave

United Airlines’ employees who are granted exemptions to a company vaccinate mandate for religious reasons will be put on temporary unpaid leave starting next month, the airline told staff Wednesday, citing the recent rise in Covid cases.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/08/united-airlines-staff-granted-religious-exemptions-to-vaccine-mandate-will-be-put-on-unpaid-leave.html

F*** United. They want their pilots to reflect a demographic rather than wanting just the best pilots. Woke is a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillStime said:

“If these governors won’t help us, I’ll use my powers as President to get them out of the way.”

President Biden

The fundamental debate here is about more than vaccines.  Personally, I think people would be well advised to get vaccinated and that's a choice I personally made of my own free will.  And for me that's the right of everyone else to decide for themselves.  Do the un-vaccinated pose some kind of risk to me?  Perhaps, but people pose all kinds of risks to us all every day.  And life goes on. 

The issue is what are the limits of government power?  is there anything that they cannot "order" you or "coerce" you into doing?  Is it proper for the government to openly coerce private businesses to do their bidding?  Can the executive branch unilaterally issue executive orders without the need for the legislature?  Why do we have a Congress or State or local assemblies if the executive branch can just issue edicts and proclamations on anything and everything?  Why do we have a Constitution and an established legal system if the government can just ignore it all whenever they decide its necessary?  Because what it looks like to me is they can pretty much decide to tell everyone to do pretty much anything they want at this point.  And get away with it.

And the fact a lot of people are okay with it is the most frightening part of it all.  If you buy into all the mandate and coercion tactics because you think it doesn't effect you or you think it makes you safer than please don't be surprised or shocked when they decide to issue some edict or proclamation prohibiting or requiring something that you're against.  And nobody steps up to the plate to defend you.  Because that's how tyranny works.  One little step at a time.  Either we're a flock of sheep that runs and scatters at the sign of trouble and its everybody for themselves or were a pack of wolves that work together for a common objective.  That common objective should be to keep the limits of government power in place.  That's the fight here.  

And what puzzles me most is the posters that will most likely disagree with me are the one's constantly crowing about threats to democracy.  Well what kind of democracy is it when the elected legislature has no power or cedes its power to the executive?  You see threats to democracy.  But you can't see this?  Are you blind?  Well here it is.  A threat.  In the White House and State Capitols.  In both major political parties.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm confident the OSHA regulation will be thrown out by the courts.  I don't think .gov has got a leg to stand on from several perspectives.

I don't think anyone wants a POTUS weaponizing OSHA and workplace safety through emergency orders.  That's why it hasn't been used as such.  

• Like (+1) 1

What is appalling to me is the number of people who are very willing to punish children in order to protect themselves. Every mandatory vaccine prior to this was to protect children, which I agree with since a 16 year old can not be trusted to make good decisions. Now locking down children to protect old people is considered proper by selfish people. 

27 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'm confident the OSHA regulation will be thrown out by the courts.  I don't think .gov has got a leg to stand on from several perspectives.

I don't think anyone wants a POTUS weaponizing OSHA and workplace safety through emergency orders.  That's why it hasn't been used as such.  

Which part government is responsible for OSHA?

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

What is appalling to me is the number of people who are very willing to punish children in order to protect themselves. Every mandatory vaccine prior to this was to protect children, which I agree with since a 16 year old can not be trusted to make good decisions. Now locking down children to protect old people is considered proper by selfish people. 

More children shot in Chicago (280) this year then kids that have died from Covid (214).    

More kids shot and killed in Chicago (35) this year then kids that have died from Covid in Illinois (15) since the pandemic began.

This is not about public health.  We're so far gone now we got to figure out which state "did better" then the other in a our cases vs your cases pissing match of uber stupidity.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When they discovered the polio vaccine, there were mass celebrations. They discover a vaccine that pretty much ends a virus that has killed more people than all the major wars of the 20th century and people are calling it a hoax and refuse to take it. 

PROGRESS?

Let's do Canada for how well vaccines work today.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Let’s just become two countries already.  

I don’t want to feel the need to interact with anyone who supports Joe Biden and I’m sure they feel the same about me.  

He has divided this country beyond repair. 

It's only divided if you obsess about stupid crap. Be grateful for what we have. You're debating people on a football message board. 

Biden's mandate is a joke. It will fail. Maybe at some point post Bush Obama Trump Biden, we will start reigning in executive overreach. Maybe. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

When they discovered the polio vaccine, there were mass celebrations. They discover a vaccine that pretty much ends a virus that has killed more people than all the major wars of the 20th century and people are calling it a hoax and refuse to take it. 

PROGRESS?

Let's do Canada for how well vaccines work today.

"Cases!" were at pandemic lows in July and August (at least since July 2020 - that great news then didn't lead to freedom almost like everyone knew a forced vaccine was coming)

They're spiking again.  So I'll want to see this data on October 10th.

And they'll still be irrationally mitigating 

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

It's only divided if you obsess about stupid crap. Be grateful for what we have. You're debating people on a football message board. 

Biden's mandate is a joke. It will fail. Maybe at some point post Bush Obama Trump Biden, we will start reigning in executive overreach. Maybe. 

My SIL has been cautioned by her doctor against the vax, due to having it twice and her immune system issues.  She would be forced to get the vax under this mandate.  (To keep her job)

Nah, this is where we stop letting things slide.  Biden has gone full authoritarian with his mandates and divisive language.  

This never ends if we have your attitude.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1