It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m odd man out. I understood your point. 

I notice they still won't or can't address my point. 

When you understand there is a vaccine that will keep you alive, that Delta is less deadly then Covid Part I, that the data is still the same regarding who is impacted and average age of death, that we've been wide open without vaccine passports for over 4 months.....this pandemic should be over. 

It is not anyone's responsibility anymore what the people that won't or can't get the vaccine refuse to do.  

If the "plan" is "return to normal when everyone is vaccinated" they should just say that.  It's impossible but I guarantee you that statement gets more vaccinated in 2 weeks then any threats or viral videos of nurses crying in their phones about exhaustion (all due respect to them sorry that ain't moving the needle.)

Thus, something sinister is at work.  

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Sundancer said:

I am surprised all the unvaccinated are dying. I thought hydrochloroquine was keeping them safe. 

Masks are more than theater. They reduce transmission of course. Policies didn't work tough. I'm like you. Don't mask anywhere unless required or requested by a business. I will likely N95 at Bills games just because I spend a lot of time taking care of elderly relatives and that's a high transmission setting  

The N95 is effective but the cloth masks are theatre in most cases. I have to mask in my classroom where kids will be with me for 45 minutes at a time, the cloth mask is not protecting them. If I came to work sick with Covid symptoms the entire room would be infected before 1st period with or without cloth mask. I am curious why you are obsessed with HCQ? It is a benign medicine that people have taken literally weekly for years with no ill effects. Is it because Trump was wrong and it was not the miracle cure? 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The N95 is effective but the cloth masks are theatre in most cases. I have to mask in my classroom where kids will be with me for 45 minutes at a time, the cloth mask is not protecting them. If I came to work sick with Covid symptoms the entire room would be infected before 1st period with or without cloth mask. I am curious why you are obsessed with HCQ? It is a benign medicine that people have taken literally weekly for years with no ill effects. Is it because Trump was wrong and it was not the miracle cure? 

HCQ has shown zero effect on Covid. I am not obsessed with it. I just see the parallels with Ivermectin. People believing internet rumor and not any studies or data. All those early un-credible Berenson studies didn't bear fruit at all. And outside of people with very specific medical conditions, very few people take it weekly. I've taken it because I travel to India but that is for limited duration and I had to stop because it started messing with me in one of its more common dangerous side effects. 

Your mask reduces transmission. Every mask reduces transmission. That's not theater, it's a fact. What is more dubious is at what point and for how long that's effective. On top of that, a properly fitting N95 protects both parties. I believe all of what I said in this paragraph to be well-backed by science but I also don't think kids should wear masks (limited risk vs reward) in schools. Kids are not at risk. No symptoms, be in school. Symptoms, stay home. 

BTW, vaccines work in most cases, even after 6 months. 

Edited by Sundancer

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I notice they still won't or can't address my point. 

When you understand there is a vaccine that will keep you alive, that Delta is less deadly then Covid Part I, that the data is still the same regarding who is impacted and average age of death, that we've been wide open without vaccine passports for over 4 months.....this pandemic should be over. 

It is not anyone's responsibility anymore what the people that won't or can't get the vaccine refuse to do.  

If the "plan" is "return to normal when everyone is vaccinated" they should just say that.  It's impossible but I guarantee you that statement gets more vaccinated in 2 weeks then any threats or viral videos of nurses crying in their phones about exhaustion (all due respect to them sorry that ain't moving the needle.)

Thus, something sinister is at work.  

A global conspiracy for world domination in one corner

vs

A novel virus and a new vaccine in the other

I'm going to go with the simpler answer. It's a new virus that caused a global pandemic. We are 18 months into understanding it, which is nothing. And we are using a new vaccine for about 10 months now. Surprisingly, we can't predict all outcomes with total accuracy. 

Not that you're all that interested in accuracy. 

34 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

A global conspiracy for world domination in one corner

vs

A novel virus and a new vaccine in the other

I'm going to go with the simpler answer. It's a new virus that caused a global pandemic. We are 18 months into understanding it, which is nothing. And we are using a new vaccine for about 10 months now. Surprisingly, we can't predict all outcomes with total accuracy. 

Not that you're all that interested in accuracy. 

And we'll be studying it for decades.  

Covid Hospital Admissions Fall for First Time Since June in U.S.

Hospital admissions of Covid-19 patients in the U.S. are declining for the first time since late June, a sign that the latest surge may have peaked -- at least for now.

The seven-day average of new daily admissions with confirmed Covid fell 2.4% from a week earlier to 12,280, the first such drop since June 27, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. 

The national decline is driven by falling numbers in recent hot spots -- Florida, Texas and the Deep South.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-01/covid-hospital-admissions-fall-for-first-time-since-june-in-u-s

It appears seasonal.  

Get vaccinated northerners.  

But guess what.....stressed absolutely.....lots of ICU usage....yes.......

But the South was not overwhelmed.  It did not collapse.  And we all know the vaccine is limiting hospitalizations 

We.  Are.  Done.  Here.  

• Like (+1) 1

Lolololol read this horse ***t and tell me the masks aren't permanent 

How can you people live like this:

Worried About Breakthrough Infections? Here’s How to Navigate This Phase of the Pandemic.

Is it still safe to gather unmasked with vaccinated people?

In many cases it will be safe, but the answer depends on a number of variables. The risk is lower with a few close family members and friends than a large group of people you don’t know. Outdoor gatherings are safer than indoor gatherings. What’s the community transmission rate? What’s the ventilation in the room? Do you have underlying health issues that would make you vulnerable to complications from Covid-19? Do any of the vaccinated people have a fever, sniffles or a cough?

https://nyti.ms/2V5ZZRG

Lol "phase."  Incredible.  There have been 2 phases.  Pre vaccine and post.  That's it.  

Still masking.  They have bigger schemes I mean plans for all of you.  You will own nothing and be happy or something 

To anyone who truly does not understand the objection to the vaccine mandate let me explain. One of my son's friends currently has a mild case of Covid but about 2 months ago, before I got my vaccine,  his parents lectured me and several others how we were irresponsible not to have it and went to great lengths to explain how we bordered on immoral. These parents took there child who is struggling in school on one of the test cruises last week, where he got Covid, and then allowed him to go to unmasked to meet to friends on Monday knowing he had a sore throat. We all make selfish decisions in life but the rank hypocrisy sometimes is astounding. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

To anyone who truly does not understand the objection to the vaccine mandate let me explain. One of my son's friends currently has a mild case of Covid but about 2 months ago, before I got my vaccine,  his parents lectured me and several others how we were irresponsible not to have it and went to great lengths to explain how we bordered on immoral. These parents took there child who is struggling in school on one of the test cruises last week, where he got Covid, and then allowed him to go to unmasked to meet to friends on Monday knowing he had a sore throat. We all make selfish decisions in life but the rank hypocrisy sometimes is astounding. 

They are idiots and irrelevant to the mandate discussion. 

More evidence vaccines work even vs long covid symptoms. Peer reviewed, 1M subjects. https://www.statnews.com/2021/09/01/vaccination-reduces-risk-long-covid-even-when-people-are-infected-study/

People who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 appear to have a much lower likelihood of developing long Covid than unvaccinated people even when they contract the coronavirus, a study published Wednesday indicated.

The research is among the earliest evidence that immunization substantially decreases the risk of long Covid even when a breakthrough infection occurs. Already, researchers had said that by preventing many infections entirely, vaccines would reduce the number of cases of long Covid, but it wasn’t clear what the risk would be for people who still got infected after vaccination.

“We found that the odds of having symptoms for 28 days or more after post-vaccination infection were approximately halved by having two vaccine doses,” researchers wrote in the study, published in the journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases. “This result suggests that the risk of long Covid is reduced in individuals who have received double vaccination, when additionally considering the already documented reduced risk of infection overall.”

The new research had limitations, the authors acknowledged. It was based on people self-reporting their test results and vaccination status. The sample of people who participated also included more women than men and disproportionately few people from “more deprived areas” of the country. It also did not determine any differences by race and ethnicity.

Edited by Sundancer

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Lolololol read this horse ***t and tell me the masks aren't permanent 

How can you people live like this:

Worried About Breakthrough Infections? Here’s How to Navigate This Phase of the Pandemic.

Is it still safe to gather unmasked with vaccinated people?

In many cases it will be safe, but the answer depends on a number of variables. The risk is lower with a few close family members and friends than a large group of people you don’t know. Outdoor gatherings are safer than indoor gatherings. What’s the community transmission rate? What’s the ventilation in the room? Do you have underlying health issues that would make you vulnerable to complications from Covid-19? Do any of the vaccinated people have a fever, sniffles or a cough?

https://nyti.ms/2V5ZZRG

Lol "phase."  Incredible.  There have been 2 phases.  Pre vaccine and post.  That's it.  

Still masking.  They have bigger schemes I mean plans for all of you.  You will own nothing and be happy or something 

Masks are the democrat version of the burka

humiliate, strip individualities, crush n control.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 2

To anyone who truly does not understand the objection to the vaccine mandate let me explain. One of my son's friends currently has a mild case of Covid but about 2 months ago, before I got my vaccine,  his parents lectured me and several others how we were irresponsible not to have it and went to great lengths to explain how we bordered on immoral. These parents took their child on one of the test cruises last week, where he got Covid, but then allowed him to go  unmasked to meet  friends on Monday knowing he had a sore throat. They see no issues with being irresponsible and taking risks but everyone else is bad for not protecting them 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

To anyone who truly does not understand the objection to the vaccine mandate let me explain. One of my son's friends currently has a mild case of Covid but about 2 months ago, before I got my vaccine,  his parents lectured me and several others how we were irresponsible not to have it and went to great lengths to explain how we bordered on immoral. These parents took their child on one of the test cruises last week, where he got Covid, but then allowed him to go  unmasked to meet  friends on Monday knowing he had a sore throat. They see no issues with being irresponsible and taking risks but everyone else is bad for not protecting them 

yep that’s that faction in a nutshell. They are the real supremacists. They believe their purpose is to tell others how to conduct their lives because they are superior, and it beneath them to comply with their own dictates. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Did you expect parents to start being responsible parents? 

Thats why there has to be a mandate when it’s approved. Parents can’t be trusted. They lie, especially when it comes to their kids, or their planned yearly vacation. 

They also don’t want their kids getting flagged for Covid cooties. They’ll do whatever it takes to hide it, including infecting others.

Half of the people on this board wouldn’t notify the school if their kid had symptoms or tested positive and they’d just send them to school. There’s no doubt in my mind. Across the board.

Edited by Governor

The appropriate response to people like that is to tell them to &$&@ off in as nice a way as you see fit.  

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

That's idiotic. There are plenty of therapeutics that have scientific backing that people support. Hydrochloroquine got way out ahead on Twitter only to come back to earth when studies got done. Ivermectin has at least the same Twitter MD support at the moment. 

But go ahead and get on with your conspiracy of control thing. 

I hope Ivermectin turns out to be the miracle treatment we've all wanted. But I'll wait for some scientific consensus before lauding it as such, especially as a legion of Rogan-disciples (I like Joe, listen to his podcast BTW, but he's often batshit nuts) follow him down this road. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The kid is a good kid and a good friend to my son, so I keep my mouth generally shut around them. 

You should try out your line that "vaccines don't work for the most part beyond 6 months" next time you see him. Should prompt a stellar misinformation discussion. 

40 minutes ago, Governor said:

Did you expect parents to start being responsible parents? 

Thats why there has to be a mandate when it’s approved. Parents can’t be trusted. They lie, especially when it comes to their kids, or their planned yearly vacation. 

They also don’t want their kids getting flagged for Covid cooties. They’ll do whatever it takes to hide it, including infecting others.

Half of the people on this board wouldn’t notify the school if their kid had symptoms or tested positive and they’d just send them to school. There’s no doubt in my mind. Across the board.

Thank you for reinforcing my point, others are irresponsible but they can tell me what to do. People under 18 are under 500 of the Covid deaths, so you are stating that children are responsible for protecting those over 60 because people over 60 won't protect themselves? 

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

That's idiotic. There are plenty of therapeutics that have scientific backing that people support. Hydrochloroquine got way out ahead on Twitter only to come back to earth when studies got done. Ivermectin has at least the same Twitter MD support at the moment. 

But go ahead and get on with your conspiracy of control thing. 

I hope Ivermectin turns out to be the miracle treatment we've all wanted. But I'll wait for some scientific consensus before lauding it as such, especially as a legion of Rogan-disciples (I like Joe, listen to his podcast BTW, but he's often batshit nuts) follow him down this road. 

You should try out your line that "vaccines don't work for the most part beyond 6 months" next time you see him. Should prompt a stellar misinformation discussion. 

You still have not explained why Israel is limiting travel to those with a shot within 6 months and my parents are being pushed to get a boaster after 6 months? If the vaccine worked longer what is the reason? 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Thank you for reinforcing my point, others are irresponsible but they can tell me what to do. People under 18 are under 500 of the Covid deaths, so you are stating that children are responsible for protecting those over 60 because people over 60 won't protect themselves? 

The people over 60 in Florida, and elsewhere, did protect themselves. They’re at like 90 percent vaccinated. The rest will be dead soon.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You still have not explained why Israel is limiting travel to those with a shot within 6 months and my parents are being pushed to get a boaster after 6 months? If the vaccine worked longer what is the reason? 

You want to talk Israeli policy or science? I've already loaded you up on the science and continue to do so.

And you still have never, not once, backed up your line that vaccines don't work past 6 months for most people.