It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

I don't care about what love you have for me. Get vaccinated and encourage others to get vaccinated. 

Not my job.  How's the Big Guy in the White House doing with that?   Seems it was all Trumps fault 12 months ago.  Now it's all on the unvaccinated.

Stay inside.  Lock your doors and windows.  There are unvaccinated people about.

BOO! 

• Like (+1) 1

"Israel will then reconfigure its Green Passports, granting them only to the triple-vaccinated, and limiting their validity to six months. In anticipation of this change, the number of unvaccinated Israelis getting their first shots has tripled since the beginning of August."

charlie murphy GIF

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why are we seeing so few vaccinated?  Why are we seeing spikes in cases, hospitalizations and deaths?   Why are you not slamming Joe for this? 

Is Joe banning vaccine and mask mandates?

You can thank your fellow death cult.

Go to bed desperate Covid Jim

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why are we seeing so few vaccinated?  Why are we seeing spikes in cases, hospitalizations and deaths?   Why are you not slamming Joe for this? 

It's amazing.

Same people that thought Trump should have stopped it - they spent all of 2020 telling us this.  

In this ridiculous out of context 5 second clip DeSantis says exactly what they were saying about Trump in 2020 and it's a problem.

No one believes anything. 

We told them this all last year and that included Trump's 15 days becoming indefinitely and now they quickly respond to that with "that was never a good idea."

Which again they don't get it.  It's not whether or not the ideas are good or bad (see HCQ) it's whether or not they are being honest.  You can't say just 15 days to stop life as we know it in an unprecedented peace time measure and not think that massive breach of trust wasn't going to lead to a cluster of a response from the public you are trying subvert and control.  

With more than 100,000 people in the hospital with Covid-19 in the US, this August is worse than last, expert says

There were 100,317 people hospitalized with the virus Wednesday -- more than double the 48,851 in the hospital on the same day last year.

Florida has been hit particularly hard with the worst per capita rate in the country -- about 80 hospitalizations per 100,000 people -- followed by Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia and Louisiana, each with more than 55 hospitalizations per 100,000 people, according to HHS data.

"I had to turn away a cancer patient that needed an emergency treatment," Florida oncologist Dr. Nitesh Paryani told CNN. "For the first time in sixty years of my family's history of treating cancer, we had to turn someone away ... We just didn't have a bed. There was simply no room in the hospital to treat the patient."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/26/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

'I think we already broke:' Mississippi's nurses are resigning to protect themselves from Covid-19 burnout

Mississippi now has at least 2,000 fewer nurses than it did at the beginning of the year, according to the Mississippi Hospital

Association's Center for Quality & Workforce.

The staff shortages add to the growing strain on the state's hospital system -- both due, in large part, to the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/25/us/mississippi-covid-nurse-strain/index.html#:~:text=(CNN) Earlier this month%2C,Ocean Springs Hospital%2C told CNN.

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Because studies show masks have marginal value and proponents of the mandate refuse to discuss or debate their use from a cost and benefit perspective relative to the overall health and well-being of children.    

I have done a Medline search and there are about 950 references when you enter Covid and masks as search terms.  I have looked through the first 100, and there are 12 studies that directly address the question of mask effectiveness.  All of them indicate a mitigating effect of masks, the effectiveness of which depend on the type of mask and how it is worn.

You want to talk about cost vs. benefit, I agree.  The benefit is that having masks on get our kids back into schools instead of doing on line learning like last year, and provide some mitigating effect.  The cost I would suggest is not the actual wearing of masks (because they do not mean you breathe in CO2 and such), but that the kids feel depressed and such wearing them.  I am also doing a search of articles on mental health in kids during the pandemic, and what I'm seeing is that there were in fact negative effects that were related to feelings of isolation because kids could not see their friends and family during the pandemic and because of on line learning.  

Anecdotally, I have seen kids interviewed, and I have talked to kids, and what they say is they have no problem wearing masks if it gets them back in school with their friends.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Anecdotally, I have seen kids interviewed, and I have talked to kids, and what they say is they have no problem wearing masks if it gets them back in school with their friends.

I’m at and around schools all the time and I tend to agree. For now at least, kids are thrilled to be back in school with their friends. We’ll see how long that lasts but they’re clearly happy to be back in school. 

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If you give kids the choice "masks or friends" of course they will do what is needed for friends, what an evil way to put it.  Cloth masks are not very effective, here in Orange County parents could have opted kids out of masks and the two schools with the most opts outs are amongst the lowest rates. If you want effective masks you need the N95 masks or something more but the cloth masks are political theatre in schools.

3 hours ago, ALF said:

With more than 100,000 people in the hospital with Covid-19 in the US, this August is worse than last, expert says

There were 100,317 people hospitalized with the virus Wednesday -- more than double the 48,851 in the hospital on the same day last year.

Florida has been hit particularly hard with the worst per capita rate in the country -- about 80 hospitalizations per 100,000 people -- followed by Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia and Louisiana, each with more than 55 hospitalizations per 100,000 people, according to HHS data.

"I had to turn away a cancer patient that needed an emergency treatment," Florida oncologist Dr. Nitesh Paryani told CNN. "For the first time in sixty years of my family's history of treating cancer, we had to turn someone away ... We just didn't have a bed. There was simply no room in the hospital to treat the patient."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/26/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

'I think we already broke:' Mississippi's nurses are resigning to protect themselves from Covid-19 burnout

Mississippi now has at least 2,000 fewer nurses than it did at the beginning of the year, according to the Mississippi Hospital

Association's Center for Quality & Workforce.

The staff shortages add to the growing strain on the state's hospital system -- both due, in large part, to the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/25/us/mississippi-covid-nurse-strain/index.html#:~:text=(CNN) Earlier this month%2C,Ocean Springs Hospital%2C told CNN.

ITs crazy how none of those articles even mention the huge RSV outbreak thats happening in those areas (across most of the nation) and how its spiking partisally due to a year and a half of isolation and mask.

How many of those kids in those hospitals have COVID. the articles jump around that.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If you give kids the choice "masks or friends" of course they will do what is needed for friends, what an evil way to put it.  Cloth masks are not very effective, here in Orange County parents could have opted kids out of masks and the two schools with the most opts outs are amongst the lowest rates. If you want effective masks you need the N95 masks or something more but the cloth masks are political theatre in schools.

Honest to God, people refuse to understand the word mitigation.  Cloth masks (again depending on the mask) help prevent spread, they do not completely block it, but they help. The data is irrefutable.  Wearing masks is not evil.  

Yeah, I'd rather folks wear N 95s but the supply isn't there.  

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

ITs crazy how none of those articles even mention the huge RSV outbreak thats happening in those areas (across most of the nation) and how its spiking partisally due to a year and a half of isolation and mask.

How many of those kids in those hospitals have COVID. the articles jump around that.

The increase in RSV presumably reflects the lower rates seen during the pandemic as kids were quarantined and such.  Now that society has opened up more the re is more likelihood of spread of these and other viruses.