It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

My IQ dropped 50 points listening to this.  Lol "the truth."  Rex is an idiot.  Aside from being wrong she called their parents dumb.   

Public schools slitting their own throats.

Country in collapse.  

Xiden not taking any questions.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Someone help me out here....

The vaccine is either not close to what they say or it's doing nothing against Delta.  It's been only 5 plus months since Virginia hit 700K fully vaccinated.  

1000 dead and 83 are breakthrough cases.  Is this bad?

Notice the B.S. date they use as the start date for determining unvaccinated deaths vs breakthrough deaths.  

Vaccine breakthrough cases in Virginia (Jan. 17–Aug. 14):

Infections: 10,712

Hospitalizations: 404

Deaths: 83

https://www.newsleader.com/story/news/2021/08/23/vaccine-breakthrough-infections-hospitalizations-and-deaths-virginia/8245078002/

Virginia is misrepresenting this data - almost 1 in 10 deaths are breakthrough infections and will rise in next few months btw - NOT 1 in 100. 

By March 5, only 750K Virginians were fully vaccinated.  Explain to me why they're using January 17?  

https://www.wric.com/news/virginia-news/coronavirus-update-16-5-of-virginias-population-vaccinated-with-at-least-one-dose/

This is a deliberate lie. 

Only 5% of the population had a shot let alone 2 by late January.  But that's when deaths were beginning to PEAK meaning they were infected in December when virtually no one was vaccinated.  So it's a convenient start day to fit their narrative.  Because we started giving shots in early January that means we can use that start day in counting deaths - this is misleading.  Badly.  

A better number should be say April 15 - and that's being generous - there have been just about 1000 deaths in Virginia since April 15.    

Per the update above, 83 of the deaths are "breakthrough infections."  

Almost 1 in 10.  

So is this bad or good?  Wth is going on?  

I'm not saying the vaccine is worthless.  I just want to know why they used the dates they are.  You draw your own conclusions. 

But it looks to me that if that many fully vaccinated have died vs just under 1000 or so - if that - weren't......what are we doing?

Virginia btw has been fully open and maskless for 3 plus months outside of parts of Fairfax who up until a month ago were all maskless.  

35 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My IQ dropped 50 points listening to this.  Lol "the truth."  Rex is an idiot.  Aside from being wrong she called their parents dumb.   

Public schools slitting their own throats.

Country in collapse.  

Xiden not taking any questions.  

I’m not all book learned on the Chemistry and such like this fine lady, but if she was willing to seek out opportunities for substantive personal growth,  she might take a hankering to what brother Dale laid down.  Getting close to one hundred years of relevance. 

Spoiler alert:  I believe “The pitfalls of calling people dumb” is in Chapter 1.  

092C797B-7AC2-44F6-8E4A-F85D841335EF.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2021 at 11:34 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

They weren't dumb AT THE TIME. Remember, the accepted thinking in the early days of all of this (think February/March/April 2020) was that COVID was spread by droplets - something plexiglass shields would contain. Same thing with the 6-foot social distancing, which would at least in theory prevent most droplet transmission. And same too with the incessant wiping down of surfaces. Masks are not so good against aerosols (they're great against droplets), but they have some positive impact.

The problem is we seem to have lost the ability adapt quickly. From Summer 2020 on, it became clear that the primary mode of transmission was through aerosols. And that the primary way to avoid this is to ensure high air turnover rates. So from that time on it became bad policy to focus on plexiglass when we should've been spending our money on ventilation. Same for schools - some schools have improved ventilation, others not at all.

Ever price what putting up a bit of plexi-glass is, versus installing new ventilation/air-exchangers?  LOL!  It's really no wonder why people were quick to put up some stupid plastic pieces between themselves behind the counter versus those on the other side, versus actually having to have state-of-the-art air ventilation systems.  It's also pretty telling those that CAN afford to do the second.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:59 PM, Big Blitz said:

COVID-19 is sticking around. America should plan accordingly.

How to end a pandemic when the virus never goes away (Lol - we let the politicians tell us when they know best)

The Delta variant that first appeared in India continues to surge across the United States. While the virus may have burned through states like Louisiana and Florida so fast that case loads are already starting to drop, if last year's seasonal patterns are repeated we can expect similar surges in the Northeast and Midwest as the weather cools. It feels like Back to the Future — back to sweatpants and Zoom school and washing the groceries.  (That shouldn't be true if they increase their vaccinations - to over 80 or so percent of adults - AND if boosters are actually needed) 

It's not — or it shouldn't be. The current COVID-19 wave is significantly different from what happened last winter, in ways that make the current situation both much better and much harder to get a handle on. Both differences have important consequences for how we need to respond.

And while children remain largely unvaccinated (for now), and therefore highly susceptible to catching the Delta variant, the evidence so far suggests that children remain vastly less at risk than older people to severe disease or death — and no more at risk than they were from the earlier variants. The rise in pediatric COVID cases in the Delta wave, like the rise in symptomatic disease among younger vaccinated people, is likely due to the rapid spread of the variant — which has likely far outstripped our capacity to measure it — rather than increased severity.

That's why, in jurisdictions that are more COVID-cautious (deep blue dumps), there's been increased pressure to restore the non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) like mandatory mask-wearing and social-distancing that predominated in the pre-vaccine era of the pandemic. Ironically, though, the very fact that the Delta variant is so much more infectious makes the case for those interventions in some ways weaker, not stronger.

In the very earliest days of the pandemic, and particularly in easily-isolated places like New Zealand, a rigorous regime of NPIs was a plausible path to "zero COVID" — eliminating the virus entirely. But once COVID spread out of control globally, this was no longer a plausible goal in most of the world.  (No kidding!)

If COVID is going to become endemic, in other words, we're going to need to learn to live with being exposed to it — and the quicker we get used to that idea, the quicker the virus will settle down to its evolutionary end-point.

If that sounds a bit like the philosophy behind Sweden's initial response to COVID, that's because it is. But while Sweden's response has been rightly criticized relative to its Nordic neighbors, which fared significantly better in the first wave of the pandemic, changing conditions can justify a change in philosophy......

https://theweek.com/coronavirus/1003843/why-our-pandemic-instincts-are-failing-us-now

I'm going to come back to here, and continue reading from here, but THIS EXACTLY!!!  It's the FLU, people!!!  We'll have to learn to deal with this variant!!!  When it's all said and done, it's going to be just like the ordinary flu that we deal with year-to-year (and, to which, I still have never had a shot, and won't now!!!)

I've had the Flu, and I've had Covid.  Neither are fun, but neither are going to kill you (unless they are!), and that has so much more to do with your age/comorbidities than the fact that we're dealing with a new strain.

On 8/22/2021 at 9:17 PM, Big Blitz said:

Israel finds COVID-19 vaccine booster significantly lowers infection risk

JERUSALEM, Aug 22 (Reuters) - A third dose of Pfizer (PFE.N)'s COVID-19 vaccine has significantly improved protection from infection and serious illness among people aged 60 and older in Israel compared with those who received two shots, findings published by the Health Ministry showed on Sunday.

Breaking down statistics from Israel's Gertner Institute and KI Institute, ministry officials said that among people aged 60 and over, the protection against infection provided from 10 days after a third dose was four times higher than after two doses.

A third jab for over 60-year-olds offered five to six times greater protection after 10 days with regard to serious illness and hospitalisation.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-finds-covid-19-vaccine-booster-significantly-lowers-infection-risk-2021-08-22/

So how many times are we going to "need" these?

Are you fully vaccinated right now or is that with a booster?   

If true, then let those Aged 60+ (and Israeli, but I'm not sure that part matters) get vaccinated, if it makes them feel more safe.

For those of us that don't want a hurried vaccine (and even for those of us that have never, and will never take, a simple flu shot), please let us 'suffer in peace'?  Thanks in advance!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Interesting poll showing how polarized we are compared to other countries as far as Covid restrictions go.  WTF did they do in Greece?  Step out of your house and you'd be shot.

E9hXJ8fXEAUemyX?format=jpg&name=large

Pretty easy, if you figure out how we're different than every other country on that chart, AND on THE FACE of the EARTH (at least, as long as those on THIS side of the 'Isle' can keep it!)  We're a FREE COUNTRY!!!  Remember when that meant something, or was a proper (and somewhat relevant/respected) retort worth mentioning?  There's your answer.  And you're welcome, from those of us trying to keep it that way!!!

10 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Pretty easy, if you figure out how we're different than every other country on that chart, AND on THE FACE of the EARTH (at least, as long as those on THIS side of the 'Isle' can keep it!)  We're a FREE COUNTRY!!!  Remember when that meant something, or was a proper (and somewhat relevant/respected) retort worth mentioning?  There's your answer.  And you're welcome, from those of us trying to keep it that way!!!

Yeah.  I just wish Republicans were more consistent.  Players expressing their free right to kneel during the anthem, women being able to choose whether to have an abortion, and not fighting against workers forming unions come to mind.  In my experience the concept of freedom is only used by both sides when it suits their agenda. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Yes many people alive remember well that more conservative people in America had a lottery to kill young boys. Shove your “And you're welcome, from those of us trying to keep [America free]!!!”

• Eyeroll 1