It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

41 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Keep watching the data. It's evolving. 

We have been since February 2020.

Hasn't stopped mass stupidity, child abuse, the denial of science, and insanity.

But yea.....we just gotta get to 90% vaccinated and this all ends.........by 2045.

They are stringing you sheep and the rest of us along to a place I don't think anyone understands.  We're at a point especially considering events of this last week to start asking if our entire government is compromised.  You thought for 4 years that Trump was with Russia.  Ok cool.

We ready to start asking when did China takeover the U.S. government? 

Because nothing makes any sense.  There is no eradication happening.  This was obvious 18 months ago.  

And the pro vaxxer crowd (at first they were the pro lockdown crowd, then mask cult, now it's "yo vaccine passports are totally the way to go!" crowd) has no clue what they're doing or what's happening and it's dangerous because they are over half the adults in this country.  

This country is so deranged that Garth Brooks decides to virtue signal (he was at inauguration I'm sure he's not compromised either) like a good CCP subject and essentially tell the country "we shouldn't be doing anything" in the process.  

2020:  Covid Part I

2021:  Delta 

2022: Lambda 

2023: ??  Pick your variants going forward that emerge in every 3rd world country on the planet for the next 15 years

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Not sure it's massive dancing. It's the data they are reporting on. Tracking breakthrough cases will always under-report because there will be asymptomatic and low symptom cases. (Same as unvax low symptom cases are hard to track.)

Vaccines are preventing hospitalizations and deaths on a massive scale.  

Oh, and cases too, but that data is coming from other studies that have been linked. 

Some faith-based chicken little types here that vaccines don't work after 6 months but data and science say otherwise. 

Keep watching the data. It's evolving. 

I agree that vaccines are preventing hospitalizations and deaths. However we should clearly define our terms here. 

However I cited two papers that show breakthroughs are happening at the less than severely I'll level and that the vaccine isn't a silver bullet for stopping the spread. I get two does not a pattern make, but we need to be realistic about their role.

We need to stop sensationalizing the vaccines as the one stop cure and teach people how to slow the spread of illness. Say what the vaccines are good for: preventing you from getting seriously ill from the virus. It doesn't mean you can't be spreading COVID.

COVID is also evolving. Delta has evolved enough to force sub-lineage changes AY.1- AY.3 and to divide them further again. But that's not my point, my point is that studies are starting to show that vaccinated persons are likely spreading COVID at higher rates than thought. And that calls for the healthcare community community to relook at the best ways to slow the spread and slow the mutations.

14 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Was the vaccine ever intended to stop the contracting/spread of the virus? 

I always thought the vaccine was only intended to mitigate symptoms...

And, if the vaccine was never intended to stop the contracting/spread of the virus, why is it labeled as a “breakthrough” if it is contracted?

Just kind of seems like word manipulation to me to create a narrative about the vaccine that may not be true...

Honest questions and thoughts...feel free to correct me if I’m wrong...

Point 1

I was under the impression that Cuomo said in NY it's the golden bullet that will prevent deaths and stop the spread. I also know that based on the CDC's response to vaccinations and their making guidelines they had the exact same thoughts.

Point 2

It's labeled as breakthrough because the mRMA vaccines were marketed as 94-95% effective from getting COVID. Breakthroughs are for those who do get COVID after a certain time period after full dosage (14 or 28 days after second ***** dependant on who you speak to). If the amount of fully vaccinated persons who contact COVID stays at 5%, well that's perfectly reasonable. It's when you start hitting double digits that the efficacy of the initial vaccine has gone down.

And some may be out there to create narratives. I just want people to see facts, not just propaganda ( be it from whatever side is coming from)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

States banning mask mandates could face civil rights probes

In an escalating battle with Republican governors, 

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-health-coronavirus-pandemic-5943b43e54f61861e65d8cb74f3a68f1

Full f...ing stop.  

How about "in our continued quest to try end eradicate the virus like we did the Taliban, angry old man threatens States that refuse to deny science."  

Sham.  

Edited by Big Blitz

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

States banning mask mandates could face civil rights probes

In an escalating battle with Republican governors, 

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-health-coronavirus-pandemic-5943b43e54f61861e65d8cb74f3a68f1

Full f...ing stop.  

How about "in our continued quest to try end eradicate the virus like we did the Taliban, angry old man threatens States that refuse to deny science."  

Sham.  

Lol...civil rights? Isn’t that another name for individual liberty? 😎

I thought the modern Left didn’t believe in that...😉

Edited by JaCrispy

It's true.  Google it and it only takes you to the AAP home page.  I kept digging and I'm sick to my stomach.  Count the AAP as compromised.  

Depending on what you search and how you'll find info.....not from the AAP.  They immediately take you to their home page where this greets you:

Screenshot_20210818-232244_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

It's true.  Google it and it only takes you to the AAP home page.  I kept digging and I'm sick to my stomach.  Count the AAP as compromised.  

Depending on what you search and how you'll find info.....not from the AAP.  They immediately take you to their home page where this greets you:

Screenshot_20210818-232244_Chrome.jpg

Oh for God’s sake.

46 minutes ago, Governor said:

Oh for God’s sake.

The CDC we KNOW is compromised....the sham continues.  

The AAP and CDC "recommendations not really they're demands" gave cover to schools to continue the evil of not letting the kids especially K-5 go to school as normal.  

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We have been since February 2020.

Hasn't stopped mass stupidity, child abuse, the denial of science, and insanity.

But yea.....we just gotta get to 90% vaccinated and this all ends.........by 2045.

They are stringing you sheep and the rest of us along to a place I don't think anyone understands.  We're at a point especially considering events of this last week to start asking if our entire government is compromised.  You thought for 4 years that Trump was with Russia.  Ok cool.

We ready to start asking when did China takeover the U.S. government? 

Because nothing makes any sense.  There is no eradication happening.  This was obvious 18 months ago.  

And the pro vaxxer crowd (at first they were the pro lockdown crowd, then mask cult, now it's "yo vaccine passports are totally the way to go!" crowd) has no clue what they're doing or what's happening and it's dangerous because they are over half the adults in this country.  

This country is so deranged that Garth Brooks decides to virtue signal (he was at inauguration I'm sure he's not compromised either) like a good CCP subject and essentially tell the country "we shouldn't be doing anything" in the process.  

2020:  Covid Part I

2021:  Delta 

2022: Lambda 

2023: ??  Pick your variants going forward that emerge in every 3rd world country on the planet for the next 15 years

You're pretty freaking crazy, aren't you?  Garth Brooks is compromized, b/c he didn't mask-up?  He's for the CCP, b/c he didn't mask up?  Check your crazy, please!  He's an Oklahoman, who won't buy into BS b/c the government tells us to.  He's a individual thinker;  not one that does anything b/c the Goverment says to do so.  He's about the most opposite of what you're suggesting!  Good grief, get a grip!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nkreed said:

I agree that vaccines are preventing hospitalizations and deaths. However we should clearly define our terms here. 

However I cited two papers that show breakthroughs are happening at the less than severely I'll level and that the vaccine isn't a silver bullet for stopping the spread. I get two does not a pattern make, but we need to be realistic about their role.

We need to stop sensationalizing the vaccines as the one stop cure and teach people how to slow the spread of illness. Say what the vaccines are good for: preventing you from getting seriously ill from the virus. It doesn't mean you can't be spreading COVID.

COVID is also evolving. Delta has evolved enough to force sub-lineage changes AY.1- AY.3 and to divide them further again. But that's not my point, my point is that studies are starting to show that vaccinated persons are likely spreading COVID at higher rates than thought. And that calls for the healthcare community community to relook at the best ways to slow the spread and slow the mutations.

Here's the deal:  Covid-19 is another Flu-strain.  You're going to get it, or you're not.  That's kinda up to how much you try to avoid such things.  Eventually, EVERYONE is going to be exposed to it.  You may get it, might not;  but you can't live your life avoiding some strain of the FLU that we're all exposed to, DAILY, if we're out in normal life.  SO, either accept that you might be exposed, or life your life in fear.  ***** OFF if you think it's anything else.  NOTHING ANY of us can do will change that we're going to be compromised in some way!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

You're pretty freaking crazy, aren't you?  Garth Brooks is compromized, b/c he didn't mask-up?  He's for the CCP, b/c he didn't mask up?  Check your crazy, please!  He's an Oklahoman, who won't buy into BS b/c the government tells us to.  He's a individual thinker;  not one that does anything b/c the Goverment says to do so.  He's about the most opposite of what you're suggesting!  Good grief, get a grip!

Big Blitz used a story about a specific child's death from Covid to make a political point, and tripled down on it, questioned the child's death on the day the mother was grieving. He's a piece of *****.

And yes, also crazy. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Here's the deal:  Covid-19 is another Flu-strain.  You're going to get it, or you're not.  That's kinda up to how much you try to avoid such things.  Eventually, EVERYONE is going to be exposed to it.  You may get it, might not;  but you can't live your life avoiding some strain of the FLU that we're all exposed to, DAILY, if we're out in normal life.  SO, either accept that you might be exposed, or life your life in fear.  ***** OFF if you think it's anything else.  NOTHING ANY of us can do will change that we're going to be compromised in some way!

It is 10 times deadlier than flu.  The amount of ignorance on this board is staggering.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It is 10 times deadlier than flu.  The amount of ignorance on this board is staggering.

Like all other viruses, the potential for severe illness and death depends on your personal risk profile including the presence or absence of specific co-morbidities and health issues.  Even in younger people.  So the 10x number might be misleading and COVID death rates are skewed towards the elderly on the age curve.  Every person needs to make a sensible assessment for themselves and the members of their families with the assistance of their physician.       

But for COVID-19, the use of medical knowledge and facts applied by professionals like doctors and researchers has been suspended while scientific debate and discovery has been suppressed and discouraged.  And replaced by credentialed idiots and politicians making mostly arbitrary and subjective decisions enforced by threats of violence and penalties.  While not providing a lot of information or insights into the policy and then changing it at their whim again without any explanation.  Not exactly a policy aligned with the concept of positive reinforcement.  And not seeming to take into account the impact of these policies on any other aspect of life.  A policy best described as "shut up and do what we say or else".

I'm not opposed to vaccination or mandates or some form of rational public health policies.  When they make clear medical sense and in the context of accounting for other factors, benefits,  and consequences.  But what I am opposed to is all the petty dictators that are popping up in Mayors and Governors issuing edicts and proclamations through self-provided authority.  Rather than executive or administrative  edicts this requires some open and rational debate among members of city councils and State legislatures (and the national level if needed) hearing all views and listening to medical experts from all perspectives rather than all these mini-Hitlers threatening anyone that doesn't toe their line.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Governor said:

Oh for God’s sake.

You seriously aren’t concerned or alarmed that organizations are taking down past research to push the mask narrative? At least don’t think it’s a little odd or even subversive?

59 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It’s not 10x deadlier. Good grief!

4 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

You're pretty freaking crazy, aren't you? 

No.  Been right about everything and the current status quo only worse is the next 3 to 5 years of your life, minimum.  

You think they're rolling out vaccine passports and mandates because they expect things to be "under control" ever?  

Nope.  

Garth Brooks is compromized, b/c he didn't mask-up?  He's for the CCP, b/c he didn't mask up?  Check your crazy, please!  He's an Oklahoman, who won't buy into BS b/c the government tells us to.

He's the opposite because he canceled his tour. 

Good grief, get a grip!

I've had a firm grip on what your "leaders" will do since April 2020.

Entering 19 months to slow the spread.  Year 3 coming up.   

Edited by Big Blitz

14 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Like all other viruses, the potential for severe illness and death depends on your personal risk profile including the presence or absence of specific co-morbidities and health issues.  Even in younger people.  So the 10x number might be misleading and COVID death rates are skewed towards the elderly on the age curve.  Every person needs to make a sensible assessment for themselves and the members of their families with the assistance of their physician.       

But for COVID-19, the use of medical knowledge and facts applied by professionals like doctors and researchers has been suspended while scientific debate and discovery has been suppressed and discouraged.  And replaced by credentialed idiots and politicians making mostly arbitrary and subjective decisions enforced by threats of violence and penalties.  While not providing a lot of information or insights into the policy and then changing it at their whim again without any explanation.  Not exactly a policy aligned with the concept of positive reinforcement.  And not seeming to take into account the impact of these policies on any other aspect of life.  A policy best described as "shut up and do what we say or else".

I'm not opposed to vaccination or mandates or some form of rational public health policies.  When they make clear medical sense and in the context of accounting for other factors, benefits,  and consequences.  But what I am opposed to is all the petty dictators that are popping up in Mayors and Governors issuing edicts and proclamations through self-provided authority.  Rather than executive or administrative  edicts this requires some open and rational debate among members of city councils and State legislatures (and the national level if needed) hearing all views and listening to medical experts from all perspectives rather than all these mini-Hitlers threatening anyone that doesn't toe their line.    

Not much to disagree with here. 

The problem is so many people opposed to the mini-Hitlers as you call them mix their opposition to them with bad science. See Big Blitz and Timmy and many others here. Covid is serious. Vaccines make a difference. Widely used good masks make a difference too. We should not allow government to rush to control decisions unless the situation is extremely dire. In this crisis, I'd say March/April 2020 justified extreme measures. And maybe right now in Florida, Texas, Alabama you could justify measures while the hospitals struggle. Maybe.