It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Seems getting the vaccine is irrelevant if Cases are now the only metric that matters and cases will never stop because Covid isn't going anywhere.

97% of hospital admissions and 99.5% of Covid deaths were occurring among unvaccinated people.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Now do Governor Cuomo.....he's STILL in office. 

Well it generally worked here too.  Very few businesses truly shut down. Yes, dine-in eating was suspended in most restaurants, but most were still doing deliveries, etc throughout all of it.  And, the vast majority of Americans kept right on working....even if in a slightly altered way.

The biggest thing that got wrecked was kids and schools at all levels, K-College. 

But I think the masks and shutdowns and every other shutdown messed up all businesses. I do a job that can be entirely remote and our payables are irretrievably wrecked. I've got a massive write-off coming once I give up on a bunch of unpaid invoices. 

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

97% of hospital admissions and 99.5% of Covid deaths were occurring among unvaccinated people.

EXACTLY.  

So everyone out that is not vaccinated does not care about Covid and neither should the vaccinated.

They are not yours or my concern anymore.   We're done.  

Cases are irreverent.  There will never ever ever not be cases.  Likely we'll have constant "surges."  Let the locals decide - the vaccine rates/hospitalizations of Mississippi have ZERO to do with the people of New York.  

And they are using cases to justify their destruction of our democracy.   

The logic is this song and dance indefinitely.  

Wake up!

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

The biggest thing that got wrecked was kids and schools at all levels, K-College. 

But I think the masks and shutdowns and every other shutdown messed up all businesses. I do a job that can be entirely remote and our payables are irretrievably wrecked. I've got a massive write-off coming once I give up on a bunch of unpaid invoices. 

Yep....and like always, a bunch of people in government, who know nothing about running a business, decided to arbitrarily shut down entire industries.  I'll give you a personal example: I'm an architect.  On one side of the construction fence we had workers standing shoulder to shoulder doing 'heavy lifting' construction work, and on the other side of the same six foot high chain link fence we had teachers sitting all alone in their classrooms teaching their kids via zoom. Absolutely arbitrary and ridiculous. This went on for months and months!  If the construction workers don't work, they don't get paid...so they showed up and dealt with it with very few, if any issues.  You obviously cannot do construction via zoom. 

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm not sure where you're going with this. The government has decided that it's their job to save everyone from themselves. I'm not sure that's their job, but they 're now addicted to being in control, and having a really hard time understanding that they're 'not the boss of me'. 

37 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

but SOMEBODY COULD DIE, Big_Blitz!!!! 

"If you could save one life...."

--Chairman Cuomo

By their logic everything should be shut down and us locked up until the virus is gone....

Oh....dam winter 2022 gonna be straight fire 

Edited by Big Blitz

20 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We could have been in the buildings in masks all of 2020 per their logic.  

Eventually they'll figure that out and if you're in a deep blue dumpster fire do not be surprised when you start seeing at least calls to be virtual.  

White House won't rule out future lockdowns, school closures if CDC says so

White House principal deputy press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre says: 'We listen to the CDC'

Jean-Pierre was also asked to weigh in on comments Wednesday by American Federation of Teachers (AFT) President Randi Weingarten, who said during an appearance on MSNBC that they’re going to "try" to open up schools after the CDC suggested universal masking in schools.

"Is that good enough for the president? Just trying?" Doocy asked Jean-Pierre.

Jean-Pierre said the administration hopes to see all schools open by the fall.

"Well, we’re going to continue to work closely, as we have, with local governments, with the teachers, as we’ve done and continue to have those conversations," she answered. "I want to add, though, that nearly 90% of teachers are currently vaccinated.

That’s a good sign. Now, we just have to make sure we also protect our kids in school, we protect the other administrators at school, people who are immunocompromised, and that’s why the CDC put out that guidance making sure people are wearing masks in schools."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-future-lockdowns-school-closures-cdc

President CDC!!!!

JANUARY 6TH!!!

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz

But the press secretary told me her kid is doing just fine so shut up

Yep.

But I bet Ralph flips by mid August.  VA is dumb it has some school districts that start August 12 and many August 16.  And so on

It's going to be epic.  

Country is going to implode.   

Edited by Big Blitz

16 hours ago, BillStime said:

Yea, ya may go rethink that quote and understand where that number comes from and your precious Dr. Fauci and crazy CDC lady been lying to you the whole time. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

EXACTLY.  

So everyone out that is not vaccinated does not care about Covid and neither should the vaccinated.

They are not yours or my concern anymore.   We're done.  

Cases are irreverent.  There will never ever ever not be cases.  Likely we'll have constant "surges."  Let the locals decide - the vaccine rates/hospitalizations of Mississippi have ZERO to do with the people of New York.  

And they are using cases to justify their destruction of our democracy.   

The logic is this song and dance indefinitely.  

Wake up!

Great arguing on both sides gotta to admit... but once again it is everyone's concern if you are a tax payer, work in an overwhelmed and not increasing understaffed healthcare system that is burned out.  I admit I see both sides of the issue from a legal perspective, but from a public health perspective get vaxxed... my choice, my opinion.  That being said, sick of seeing people dying from something preventable.  If you don't want to get vaxxed, then get tested regularly and wear a mask... And though Mississippi is relatively irrelevant though not entirely, Florida is not to NY.... How many folks do you know travel back and forth, vacation and go to die down there.  Famlies bring it back up to NY which is why it is increasing again even in NY.  If we all lived in a vacuum then what happens in Miss would not be an issue, but we don't so it does.  A majority of your federal tax dollars go to states like Miss and more so coming up between this and hurricane season.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/29/cdc-mask-guidance/This Wa-Po artilce that states that vaccinated people are spreading covid might be what Cole was talking about

‘The war has changed’: Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe - The Washington Post

Ill stick to looking at deaths/cases on the CDC site.

CDC COVID Data Tracker

Even look at hospitalization rates.

New York COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Hospital Capacity: New York COVID-19 Hospital Capacity | news-leader.com (news-leader.com)

Edited by Chris farley
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Great arguing on both sides gotta to admit... but once again it is everyone's concern if you are a tax payer, work in an overwhelmed and not increasing understaffed healthcare system that is burned out.  I admit I see both sides of the issue from a legal perspective, but from a public health perspective get vaxxed... my choice, my opinion.  That being said, sick of seeing people dying from something preventable.  If you don't want to get vaxxed, then get tested regularly and wear a mask... And though Mississippi is relatively irrelevant though not entirely, Florida is not to NY.... How many folks do you know travel back and forth, vacation and go to die down there.  Famlies bring it back up to NY which is why it is increasing again even in NY.  If we all lived in a vacuum then what happens in Miss would not be an issue, but we don't so it does.  A majority of your federal tax dollars go to states like Miss and more so coming up between this and hurricane season.

North Buff, yours is a very thoughtful response.  The problem is that you are trying to use rational arguments with people who actively seek out mis-information, and wear the rejection of science and reason as a badge of honor. 

As a kid we learned about, 'The Dark Ages' and 'The Enlightenment.'  

My young self, even going to Catholic school, could never imagine people aligning themselves with the dark ages... with pride, no less... but here we are.

• Like (+1) 2