It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

18 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

When data changes, scientific conclusions change.  

Welcome to science. 

This isn’t based on science, it’s based on politics and agendas. Nothing about this virus warranted a complete shutdown of the economy. 
Now the leaders in charge tell us we have to go back to what we did before???

liked that worked so well. Some people like to be controlled so they don’t have to take responsibility for their life. Others, like myself want the government to get out of the way so I can live my own life.

• Agree 2

"Reported" without a hint of skepticism.

Might as well display pom poms:

Get ready to start proving you're vaccinated if you want to dine inside

If you want to keep dining indoors at restaurants, get ready to prove you've been vaccinated.

With the Delta variant continuing to spread throughout many parts of the US and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updating its mask guidelines this week, businesses, universities, and government agencies across the country have begun updating their vaccine policies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/restaurants-require-vaccine-card-vaccine-passport-indoor-dining-2021-7

Corporate America to workers: Get vaccinated or get out

Get the shot or take a hike.

After months of reluctance, Corporate America is taking a stand on keeping its returning workers safe. A growing number of companies are requiring vaccinations for employees and in some cases, for clients and customers.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/investing/companies-vaccine-requirement-delta-covid/index.html

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

They may be right. They may be wrong. But until it worked its way through India/UK/Israel, we had no idea. Now we have data, so now we can make some forecasts. (Note that those countries had much less/higher/much higher rates of vaccination than the US respectively. 

Dam. 

Why didn't we apply this to the initial models way back in February of 2020.

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

After months of reluctance, Corporate America is taking a stand on keeping its returning workers safe. A growing number of companies are requiring vaccinations for employees and in some cases, for clients and customers.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/29/investing/companies-vaccine-requirement-delta-covid/index.html

MGM, Netflix, Wall Street, and Silicon Valley are not Corporate America.  What a horrific "report."

"His polling shows nearly 70% of employees want their colleagues to be vaccinated."

So the opinon of your coworkers and their feelings dictate what you have injected into your body?  

Awesome precedent that the Courts are going to love.  

If you're vaccinated, you can't get sick.  Why do you care?  

Edited by Big Blitz

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Dam. 

Why didn't we apply this to the initial models way back in February of 2020.

By March, we had people dying in unfathomable numbers in New York. Back then, there was no way to Model, even though All_Pro seems to think this was like every other outbreak. 

Don't get me wrong. I've said it in this thread and elsewhere. The only justifiable shutdown was the initial one. After that, businesses should have followed common sense (work from home if you can, mask when possible) and gotten back to work. This is what Sweden did--trusted its people--and it mostly worked. 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

5hzpls.jpg

5hzpyl.jpg

5hzq08.jpg

5hzq2j.jpg

Now do the Communists......  Oh wait.....I got you:

Trump lied.  They all lied.  You can't admit its still happening and that no one should be trusted.  

Because you're a hack.  

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Now do the Communists......  Oh wait.....I got you:

Trump lied.  They all lied.  You can't admit its still happening and that no one should be trusted.  

Because you're a hack.  

Awe, I hit a nerve.  LMAO

You asked why and I went straight to the source...

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

giphy.gif

LMAO no you hit logic you can't refute.....go back to your fake insurrection hole where logic goes to die.  

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You set yourself up man... sorry you have no foresight.

If your concern is lying leaders and the spreading of falsehoods you really should have done more than post the same statement from Trump from 3 different sources and ignore everything.

That's called playing yourself.  And looking like a hack.  

Had Trump said "its going to be a bad pandemic and 100s of thousands are going to die" I'm sure we would have responded with "let's hunker down we got this Sir!"

Oh wait...........

1 day after Trump said that:

‘Please visit Chinatown’: coronavirus fears empty San Francisco district

The historic neighborhood has seen business plummet as tourists stay away despite Nancy Pelosi insisting it is ‘very safe’

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/27/chinatown-san-francisco-coronavirus-fears-empty-district

Hacks gonna hack.  

Edited by Big Blitz

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If your concern is lying leaders and the spreading of falsehoods you really should have done more than post the same statement from Trump from 3 different sources and ignore everything.

That's called playing yourself.  And looking like a hack.  

Had Trump said "its going to be a bad pandemic and 100s of thousands are going to die" I'm sure we would have responded with "let's hunker down we got this Sir!"

Oh wait...........

1 day after Trump said that:

‘Please visit Chinatown’: coronavirus fears empty San Francisco district

The historic neighborhood has seen business plummet as tourists stay away despite Nancy Pelosi insisting it is ‘very safe’

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/27/chinatown-san-francisco-coronavirus-fears-empty-district

Hacks gonna hack.  

Losers going to whine… 

52 minutes ago, ALF said:

Often, this is less about big business (often the target of liberal ire and disdain for screwing the little guy, of course) “keeping people safe” and much, much more about navigating the perilous journey of the legislative environment.  

The state and federal govt is all over the page, the science a clusterf#ck, and the easiest out is “require it”. 

No one—no one—is looking to corporate America as the beacon of health and well-being.  Bludgeoned into submission?  Certainly. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

giphy.gif

Now do Governor Cuomo.....he's STILL in office. 

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

By March, we had people dying in unfathomable numbers in New York. Back then, there was no way to Model, even though All_Pro seems to think this was like every other outbreak. 

Don't get me wrong. I've said it in this thread and elsewhere. The only justifiable shutdown was the initial one. After that, businesses should have followed common sense (work from home if you can, mask when possible) and gotten back to work. This is what Sweden did--trusted its people--and it mostly worked. 

Well it generally worked here too.  Very few businesses truly shut down. Yes, dine-in eating was suspended in most restaurants, but most were still doing deliveries, etc throughout all of it.  And, the vast majority of Americans kept right on working....even if in a slightly altered way.

UPDATE 3-Israel to offer Pfizer booster shot against COVID-19 to the over-60s

JERUSALEM, July 29 (Reuters) - Israel will begin offering a third shot of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to people aged over 60, a world first in efforts to slow the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant, a healthcare provider and Israeli media said on Thursday.

Those eligible will be able to get the booster shot starting on Sunday as long as they received their second dose more than five months ago, Maccabi Healthcare Services said in a statement that confirmed reports on Channel 13 TV and Kan public radio.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-israel-offer-pfizer-booster-124429874.html

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Trump country!!!!

Odd.

Then why the CDC "recommendation" for the entire country?

Seems getting the vaccine is irrelevant if Cases are now the only metric that matters and cases will never stop because Covid isn't going anywhere.  

Going to be a fun fall/winter watching the Northeast completely shut down due to case! surges and the need for boosters so life must be put on hold.

Lather. 

Rinse. 

Repeat.   

All these tweets are being saved believe me.