It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've never had one company in my entire life asking for my vaccine status

I'd be much more worried about somebody who doesn't have the hepatitis vaccine than the coronavirus.. nobody's asking about hepatitis

Hepatitis is spread through bodily fluids, while COVID is spread via respiratory droplets. That’s an apples to oranges comparison. 

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What's your basis for believing a corporate mandate would hold up in court?  And wouldn't a mandate generate the circumstances where the employer is assuming some liability for any adverse outcomes if they make it some condition of employment?  I wonder as I work for a fairly large health care sector company and while they are encouraging employees to get vaccinated they have declined to mandate vaccination.  So if experts are deferring this requirement how can the uninformed and potentially clueless make the decision to require it?  

I think the “experts” are deferring the mandate until the FDA approves the vaccine. I’ve included a link to a Houston hospital case. https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/judge-tosses-houston-hospital-workers-lawsuit-over-vaccine-requirement-2021-06-13/

Edited by SirAndrew

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Hepatitis is spread through bodily fluids, while COVID is spread via respiratory droplets. That’s an apples to oranges comparison. 

It can Also be spread through food and water fecally 

A pizzeria in cheektowaga shut down because one of their employees gave customers hepatitis.. and they weren't banging.. it was transmitted through the food and fecal matter because he didn't wipe good enough or something and made food 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

A pizzeria in cheektowaga shut down because one of their employees gave customers hepatitis.. and they weren't banging.. it was transmitted through the food and fecal matter because he didn't wipe good enough or something and made food 

That’s fair, my mistake. Not to cover

for my blunder, but Hepatits A is rare compared to COVID. That’s the difference, the Delta variant spreads like wildfire, while Hep A is relatively uncommon. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Nah, I just don’t want to see it mutate into something that evades vaccine immunity due to an unnecessary high number of unvaccinated, resulting in unnecessary severe illness of my loved ones. Kind of like how I’m such an authoritarian that I don’t want drunk drivers on the road. 

I mostly agree with this. I think once the CDC approval comes though, people are going to be surprised by how many places mandate this. 

If you buy that, then clearly you don’t understand that these viruses are being manufactured...and so long as we keep buying the establishment narrative, they will keep pumping out new viruses whether we take the vaccines or not... they know they have won the psychological war, so there is no reason for them to stop now...

I simply refuse to play the “fear” game they are pushing...and if it means they kill me in the process, so be it...that will just be blood on their hands, and I will be able to “exit stage left” before the world really goes to hell in a handbag...

And remember, people who have taken the vaccine shouldn’t fear the virus, right? Funny how those people seem to be the most afraid...sad...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s fair, my mistake. Not to cover

for my blunder, but Hepatits A is rare compared to COVID. That’s the difference, the Delta variant spreads like wildfire, while Hep A is relatively uncommon. 

But the COVID vaccines were not developed to target Delta.  And are less effective against it.  And Delta might be more infectious but it will likely be less lethal.  So a goal of preventing serious illness and death is more realistic than a goal of stopping the spread.  That can be done by identifying and protecting those most at risk.  Its going to spread regardless of whether people get the current vaccines or not.  Unless somebody can rush out a vaccine that targets Delta.  I don't know if that's possible.  Its going to spread regardless of lockdowns that are not going to be successful as the previous lockdowns didn't do much of anything except cause a lot of economic harm with adverse social impacts like a big increase in suicides, drug and alcohol abuse, and depression. 

My belief is we're just going to have to ride out this wave and make due.  The wave should produce a lower case count, a shorter cycle, and a much lower death rate.  And subsequent waves should follow the pattern until it fades over time.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ok, you win this debate...Cheektowaga was the magic word...and as Groucho said...."say the magic word, win a hundred dolla"

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If you buy that, then clearly you don’t understand that these viruses are being manufactured...and so long as we keep buying the establishment narrative, they will keep pumping out new viruses whether we take the vaccines or not... they know they have won the psychological war, so there is no reason for them to stop now...

I simply refuse to play the “fear” game they are pushing...and if it means they kill me in the process, so be it...that will just be blood on their hands, and I will be able to “exit stage left” before the world really goes to hell in a handbag...

And remember, people who have taken the vaccine shouldn’t fear the virus, right? Funny how those people seem to be the most afraid...sad...

If you had only written the first paragraph, I would have fully understood your take, but the second paragraph adds the, “you’re afraid” stuff that anti-vaccine folks turn to. In your first paragraph you explain that you believe any vaccine is a futile effort, because a continuing virus threat that

will escalate is about to occur. While I don’t necessarily agree, I can understand why you’d be against it. That doesn’t mean you don’t care about others. It just shows that you believe it’s futile, I can respect that.

You just lose me with the second paragraph. It makes sense that people who got the vaccine are more likely to be cautious, because people who don’t get the vaccine are less afraid, or they would get the vaccine. I believe the vaccine is effective. My concern is simply more mutations due to high numbers of unvaccinated. I’m not “fearing the virus” now, but more fearing the future. Your take that it’s all manipulated would allow me to understand why you don’t believe in the vaccine. The take of, “you got your vaccine, why do you care if I got mine ?” is scientifically flawed. I don’t mind dissenting opinions. I just like when they make sense. Your first paragraph explains it much better than the old, “why does it matter what I do ?” take. I do appreciate the civil response by PPP standards though 😆 

14 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Ok, you win this debate...Cheektowaga was the magic word...and as Groucho said...."say the magic word, win a hundred dolla"

Isn’t Cheektowaga always the magic word ? I’m quite sure there’s a lot more going around Cheektowaga establishments than just HEP A. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

If you had only written the first paragraph, I would have fully understood your take, but the second paragraph adds the, “you’re afraid” stuff that anti-vaccine folks turn to. In your first paragraph you explain that you believe any vaccine is a futile effort, because a continuing virus threat that

will escalate is about to occur. While I don’t necessarily agree, I can understand why you’d be against it. That doesn’t mean you don’t care about others. It just shows that you believe it’s futile, I can respect that.

You just lose me with the second paragraph. It makes sense that people who got the vaccine are more likely to be cautious, because people who don’t get the vaccine are less afraid, or they would get the vaccine. I believe the vaccine is effective. My concern is simply more mutations due to high numbers of unvaccinated. I’m not “fearing the virus” now, but more fearing the future. Your take that it’s all manipulated would allow me to understand why you don’t believe in the vaccine. The take of, “you got your vaccine, why do you care if I got mine ?” is scientifically flawed. I don’t mind dissenting opinions. I just like when they make sense. Your first paragraph explains it much better than the old, “why does it matter what I do ?” take. I do appreciate the civil response by PPP standards though 😆 

Isn’t Cheektowaga always the magic word ? I’m quite sure there’s a lot more going around Cheektowaga establishments than just HEP A. 

It's actually cheektovegas ..

Any Western New Yorker would totally understand my reference

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

But the COVID vaccines were not developed to target Delta.  And are less effective against it.  And Delta might be more infectious but it will likely be less lethal.  So a goal of preventing serious illness and death is more realistic than a goal of stopping the spread.  That can be done by identifying and protecting those most at risk.  Its going to spread regardless of whether people get the current vaccines or not.  Unless somebody can rush out a vaccine that targets Delta.  I don't know if that's possible.  Its going to spread regardless of lockdowns that are not going to be successful as the previous lockdowns didn't do much of anything except cause a lot of economic harm with adverse social impacts like a big increase in suicides, drug and alcohol abuse, and depression. 

My belief is we're just going to have to ride out this wave and make due.  The wave should produce a lower case count, a shorter cycle, and a much lower death rate.  And subsequent waves should follow the pattern until it fades over time.

No one is afraid - vaccinated people did their part and don’t want to go back to masks and additional mitigations because idiots get their news from Tucker, Trump, Redstate and Brietbart and refuse to get vaccinated - thus f’n it up for all.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's actually cheektovegas

Yeah, it took me a while to catch on to that one. I wasn’t sure if Cheektawarsaw became socially unacceptable or something 😆

Edited by SirAndrew

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, it took me a while to catch on to that one. I wasn’t sure if Cheektowarsaw became socially unacceptable or something 😆

It's not hard to catch if you grew up around any old polacks 

Literally cannot pronounce cheektowaga to save their life lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

I honestly don't care whether the virus is being manufactured or not. Even taking into account that hospitals are incented to deem any death with a positive common cold test as being from common cold, the overall rate of death is... largely unchanged. Except, the flu has magically disappeared as a contributing factor. Instead, it's ZoMG!@! CORONIE IS KILL US ALLLLLL!!

Treating a bad cold as if it were the Justinian plague is nonsense.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I appreciate the well thought out response...

I guess I don’t understand the logic in taking the vaccine, if people are still living in fear of others...Isn’t the whole point of it  to live your life without being afraid of Covid? 

I have no problem with people taking the vaccine or not...clearly, those who don’t are aware of potential repercussions...So why the authoritarianism from those who are vaccinated?

This is a very slippery slope to go down, especially if you are aware of history, and understand that our government has lied us into every major war in my lifetime, and been less then forthcoming about every other major event...I mean, just look how many times Fauci has lied about Covid, just by himself...

And remember, every time the government censors information or tries to force us to go along with something, they always say it’s for our protection...”But we have to take away your rights- after all, its for your protection.”

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

And remember, every time the government censors information or tries to force us to go along with something, they always say it’s for our protection...”But we have to take away your rights- after all, its for your protection.”

Fur Ihre Sicherheit

Maybe we could 'round up the unvaccinated 

And put 'em in camps, behind fences... Where they can't hurt anybody 

And give them treatment... And counseling... And thereby... until they decide to do what's best for themselves, and the nation. 

And just get the damn shot 

What if they don't want to be protected???

"Officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are reportedly also considering more stringent mask guidelines. The guidance, which could urge vaccinated and unvaccinated people to wear masks in public and crowded indoor spaces, would be designed to protect unvaccinated people, who now make up almost all COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths."

"At the White House, we follow the guidance and advice of health and medical experts," said Kevin Munoz, an assistant white House press secretary, told the Post. "Public health guidance is made by the CDC, and they continue to recommend that fully vaccinated individuals do not wear a mask. If you are not vaccinated, you should be wearing a mask."

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-administration-considers-stricter-mask-guidance-as-delta-variant-spreads-2021-7

Edited by Big Blitz

10 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Maybe we could 'round up the unvaccinated 

And put 'em in camps, behind fences... Where they can't hurt anybody 

And give them treatment... And counseling... And thereby... until they decide to do what's best for themselves, and the nation. 

And just get the damn shot 

Maybe it will also come with a dictionary so they can spell therapy 

And of course liberals want to round people up like Hitler

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That's your mitigation justification.

We need to protect the unvaccinated.

That will never ever not be the case.  

Get a f...ing clue people.  

I bet you argue with Stop signs too…