Jets coach, Greg Knapp, fighting for his life after accident Edit: Died, RIP

Beast

On 7/21/2021 at 10:22 AM, Beast said:

I can agree with a lot of that.

i will say this....if a person is caught texting while driving I believe their license should be suspended for at least one year. No questions asked. 

They will just drive anyway.  Gotta get to work.  Then lock them up. Jails will be jammed.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:58 PM, John from Riverside said:

Had someone crash right in front of me when I was a kid.   He smacked the pavement.......got up.....his brain was dead but the body didnt know it yet like a rooster with its head cut off.......then he went down right in front of me.

You will NEVER get me on a motorcycle...........

My spouse witnessed someone die in a motorcycle/car accident.  The motocyclist accelerated to go through an intersection on a stale yellow light.  The light actually turned red as their wheel hit the intersection, and they struck an SUV that was making a L turn (on a green light) in front of them.

Had the whole thing on dashcam and provided it to the State Police investigating

I'm not saying that motorcyclists aren't at higher risk from cars because they are, but I wonder just how much of the accidents are people behaving like fools.

42 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The Jets just issued a statement:

"It should have been Gase.  RIP Greg"

Cold!

On 7/21/2021 at 12:45 PM, Warcodered said:

Having to hold the phone up to your ear is probably too distracting/using one of your hands, the hands free calling should be fine I mean it's not really any different than having a conversation with someone in the car at that point.

I'd argue it's much different.  The other person very likely is still looking down the road and can warn you of something.  Not likely both persons aren't looking at the same time.  Rarely if ever do I ever see cars slowing down when two people are talking to each other, but you see it all the time with people on phone.

About 10 years ago before texting was the rage, driving down the highway around 55, pass a car, drive looked like a 20 to 25 YO guy.  He had one foot hanging out the window, cigarette in one hand, other hand was doing something else and wasn't on the wheel.  What was actually being used to drive the car and steer, no idea!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:59 AM, Gugny said:

As one who commutes ~120 miles/day, I can say with confidence that talking on the phone whilst driving is a distraction.  Every time I see someone either driving too slowly in the middle lane or veering into another lane, I look at them as I pass them and the vast majority of the time, they're either texting or have a phone held up to their ear.

And I'll defer to @LeviF, here, but I think shoveling food, playing with the radio and putting makeup on would all fall under the "distracted driving," umbrella.

I will opine that the seatbelt law IS a money grab.  An adult not wearing a seatbelt puts one person at risk ... him/herself.  There is no way that the choice to not wear a seatbelt would cause harm to anyone else.

I'm not saying that it's not smart to wear a seatbelt.  But the law is an absolute money grab.

i agree mostly. One thing though. Seatbelts keeps driver in seat to control car after impact and that can be of great benefit too to reduce lethality of an accident..

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Jets coach, Greg Knapp, fighting for his life after accident Edit: Died, RIP

So, I may be missing something.  What I know is this poor coach was on a bike ride. He was hit by a car, was critically injured, and now died which is a tragedy.

I am so sorry for this family’s loss of life.  What I didn’t read or hear is some verified reports of the driver on the phone, texting, drunk or anything else.  

I just scanned through all of this so if I missed a report, news, an arrest, seriously, let me know.  Tragic accidents happen.  If the police arrest the driver then absolutely everything written I couldn’t agree more.  I am guilty at a red light, stopped, can quickly glance at a work email.

if I have to respond I pull over.

This is terrible, prayers 🙏 to his loved ones…

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

So, I may be missing something.  What I know is this poor coach was on a bike ride. He was hit by a car, was critically injured, and now died which is a tragedy.

I am so sorry for this family’s loss of life.  What I didn’t read or hear is some verified reports of the driver on the phone, texting, drunk or anything else.  

I just scanned through all of this so if I missed a report, news, an arrest, seriously, let me know.  Tragic accidents happen.  If the police arrest the driver then absolutely everything written I couldn’t agree more.  I am guilty at a red light, stopped, can quickly glance at a work email.

if I have to respond I pull over.

E68H5oXWEAUyYdQ.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

E68H5oXWEAUyYdQ.jpeg

Haze, thank you and if he/she purposefully was texting or emailing while driving, have at it.  I’ve also seen persons spill their coffee, get startled and swerve.  I’m sure the truth will come out, and if reckless this persons should be prosecuted especially now that is caused a loss of life.  That’s horrible so again thank you.