Jets coach, Greg Knapp, fighting for his life after accident Edit: Died, RIP

Beast

I just saw this on ESPN; I stopped riding in traffic last year after a friend of mine lost a work colleague on the exact public road I used to ride on. 

I bought a new Yakima bike rack on Sunday and ONLY stick to trails with no vehicles these days.

Hope he makes it.

• Like (+1) 4

I understand people want to get in shape and love cycling but some of these roads, especially where I live aren't meant for it. I'm sorry for the guy, just as I am for one of the well known pediatricians who died as the result of a bicycle accident with a vehicle around here. But there are no bike lanes and on most roads that I travel to and from work there are barely any shoulders either. To top it off, it's a very curvy road, so you may follow any one or group of the Pelton for over a mile. I need to get to work dammit. I don't have time for those shenanigans. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I understand people want to get in shape and love cycling but some of these roads, especially where I live aren't meant for it. I'm sorry for the guy, just as I am for one of the well known pediatricians who died as the result of a bicycle accident with a vehicle around here. But there are no bike lanes and on most roads that I travel to and from work there are barely any shoulders either. To top it off, it's a very curvy road, so you may follow any one or group of the Pelton for over a mile. I need to get to work dammit. I don't have time for those shenanigans. 

Yeah... They are road hogs... While the fuel you're burning is taxed to build the roads.  Automobiles should have priority. 

I feel sorry for the guy too.  Most of the time can't see them.  Like that stupid motorcycle campaign of "looking twice"... WTF... I am supposed to look twice for something I can't see.  You gotta be kidding.   How about they look three times for me, let me look once.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

I won't ride a bike in traffic. I don't trust drivers won't kill me. 

I barely trust drivers won't kill me in a car. It's a jungle out there. I always found it a bit ironic that cycling is intended to keep you in shape and in turn increase longevity,  but in the blink of an eye I could all be over because someone looks down at their radio or is texting. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You will never get me on a motorcycle ever

I mean even cars are kind of crazy when you think about, traveling at speeds so many times what we were meant to. The idea of doing that without my somewhat safe metal cocoon, nope.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean even cars are kind of crazy when you think about, traveling at speeds so many times what we were meant to. The idea of doing that without my somewhat safe metal cocoon, nope.

Had someone crash right in front of me when I was a kid.   He smacked the pavement.......got up.....his brain was dead but the body didnt know it yet like a rooster with its head cut off.......then he went down right in front of me.

You will NEVER get me on a motorcycle...........

6 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

I won't ride a bike in traffic. I don't trust drivers won't kill me. 

A friend of mine and his best friend were riding their bikes in the New Mexico desert. The only car on the road, a judge, ran into both of them. The friend was killed instantly. My friend was in a coma for 2 weeks, but pulled through. 

The judge? The police on scene asked for her cell phone. She gave them her personal phone, but later found to be on her court phone at the time of the accident. She got a fine...

• Vomit 1
  • Angry 3