Big blow to Rams, Akers tears achilles week before training camp

1 hour ago, H2o said:

That's gotta sting. No money AND no accrual. 

Yeah, it's completely bogus by the teams and the NFLPA IMHO

I believe the teams set offseason strength and conditioning goals for the players, asking them show up at camp in shape and meeting those standards

Then they don't pay the players who do what they ask

• Agree 2

Cam Akers was ready to have a special season. This is a huge loss for the rams.... Akers = quality.

That 2nd round pick quality our thirds lack. I'm good with our thirds though....in fact, while we have no Fred Jacksons in the room, it does go five deep with guys that can be effective in the NFL, imho....

I think Singletary can average over five / this year. Which is pretty damn amazing when you realize he is going to get you some zeroes and is really not what you want on third and one..... Devin gets ten + in a blink though.... He makes the first tackler not even touch him..... He's an underrated Bill.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Absolutely sucks.  

I hate seeing this.

Now that it is out there can we please close this thread?  Seriously...."na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na".  I'm not listening.  I don't want to hear about any of this.

These are the football nightmares.

I want our Bills in bubble wrap, on adjustable contoured foam beds, not to be disturbed until kickoff in September. 

Jeepers-Creepers, it's like when my stomach was turning at the end of last season when Cole Beasly *Cole Beasly?  He's a selfish jerk!  Get him off of the team! You can replace him, no problem* WILL YOU STOP IT AND GIVE IT A REST!  YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT IT MORE THAN HE DOES!

Anyways, I don't want this happening to anybody on our team...and not really to anyone on any other teams, either.

...No, not even Tom Brady.

• Eyeroll 1

On 7/20/2021 at 7:46 AM, Talley56 said:

Gurley's still a FA

Ok, lol!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-sizing-up-stephon-gilmore-xavien-howard-situations-with-solutions-for-the-disgruntled-corners/

Eric's quotes from the article:

"That's a no-brainer," Dickerson told TMZ Sports. "I mean, he knows the offense, he knows this offense. He doesn't have to come in and try and learn [the offense]. He knows [Sean] McVay, he knows the guys on the team -- that would be an easy fit."

"At the end of the day, football, this is business," Dickerson said. "That's what it comes down to. You got to make business decisions. You got to make decisions that are good for the football team, and the player has to make decisions that's best for him."

""I think Sean McVay is really confident about his football team this year," he said. "He said it's one of the best teams he's ever had. I mean, losing Cam is a big loss, but -- I hate to say it -- like anything you've got to move on." 

Edited by chongli