Big blow to Rams, Akers tears achilles week before training camp

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hate to see young promising players have this happen to them.  Rams are my second team, a distant second though.  Easily the one of the top favorites to reach the SB out of NFC entering season too.  Bummer the young buck is gonna miss out on potentially challenging for a SB run this year, he’s gotta be devastated.  

Tell them to send us Cooper Kupp then:wub:

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I have an idea!  We should trade Singletary to the Rams!!

As long as it's for Kupp, sure!

24 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m really sorry to hear that on Akers.  Mods there are two threads so I’m assuming you guys will merge.

I don’t care the person, but hate hearing any injury.  I thought he would really help the Rams this year.

Done

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s devastating. Sucks enough getting hurt, then to lose all that money on top of it, ouch. 
Pushing free agency an extra year is a game changer for a running back too. 
Sad 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s devastating. Sucks enough getting hurt, then to lose all that money on top of it, ouch. 
Pushing free agency an extra year is a game changer for a running back too. 
Sad 

If you're doing your prescribed workout and get injured there should be some salary protection. It's not like Bungie jumping or something. 

Henderson was really good last year though, and much better in the pass game. They just need to add a  physical back and they'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not that big of a deal honestly...RBs are a dime a dozen. They can replace with a UDFA and likely get similar production

Well, in that case, they should just sign T.J. Yeldon off the street. Would be just the same as Akers, right?

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Not that big of a deal honestly...RBs are a dime a dozen. They can replace with a UDFA and likely get similar production

so if Derrick Henry or Dalvin Cook get hurt, both teams will be fine by just playing any RB?

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

That's gotta sting. No money AND no accrual. 

that's not right