Spencer Brown signed

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Finally our long national nightmare is over.

Gerald Ford couldn't have said it any better!

Edited by jabu
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Wouldn’t shock me to see a lot of that Go towards an extension for Josh Allen it’s going to get done it’s just a matter of when

Beane has enough cap to bring in a guy he really wants along with some injury insurance money.

If nothing is needed rolling it over for next years signing is fine with me.

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Wouldn’t shock me to see a lot of that Go towards an extension for Josh Allen it’s going to get done it’s just a matter of when

I mean wouldn't that essentially be a drop in the Ocean of Josh's deal?

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean wouldn't that essentially be a drop in the Ocean of Josh's deal?

Josh is on the books with his 5th year option next year.  Beane (as of now) has only $1M in cap space next year.

I think he will sign a guy this year if it's someone he really wants is available at cutdown time,  if not rolling over some of it has to be an option.

Lot's of other guys to sign next year other than Josh.

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

did he sign in his uniform?

Yes he did.  In fact he hasn't taken off his Bills uniform since the day he was drafted.  It gets pretty bulky in the shower but the worst part is he wears it to bed, shoulder pads & all & his girlfriend is getting really annoyed.  

Deal is 4 years 4.8 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/spencer-brown-72474/

To all those asking .. the 25 percent rule is why a good portion of 3rd round picks were unsigned. I don't personally understand it or have the time to research it, but .. her is a link that helps.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1248192-why-are-there-so-many-3rd-round-nfl-draft-picks-that-are-still-unsigned

3 hours ago, wjag said:

A rookie on a rookie scale waiting until 2 weeks before camp to sign spells agent hardball to me.  What could they have been holding out for, a better parking spot?

Actually, I heard from a friends brother in law that it was all about free refills in the cafeteria.,,

4 hours ago, wjag said:

A rookie on a rookie scale waiting until 2 weeks before camp to sign spells agent hardball to me.  What could they have been holding out for, a better parking spot?

Not really. There is a lil loophole in the rookie scale that makes 3rd rounders hard to sign. Happens every year with the 3rd rounders.