52 Years Ago Today

Wacka

"One small step for man. one giant leap for mankind."

Still remember doing outside that night looking up at the clear full moon and being awed that there were people up there right at that moment. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Still remember doing outside that night looking up at the clear full moon and being awed that there were people up there right at that moment. 

How far we have come. The blue origin flight takes off in around 25 minutes or so, def going to check it out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Allegedly up there...

🙄

😁

53 minutes ago, T&C said:

How far we have come. The blue origin flight takes off in around 25 minutes or so, def going to check it out.

Yeah, but by now we should have been 'George Jetson' jaunting around the solar system. 

that was cool to watch, i was watching at the end when they were celebrating to see if young Oliver drank any champagne.....

3 hours ago, T&C said:

• Haha (+1) 1

Two years ago, on the 50th anniversary of the landing, my wife and I saw String Cheese Incident at Red Rocks. (I wore my NASA shirt, because I'm a science geek.) Near the end of the show, the band acknowledged the feat and played a sci-fi jam as their finale. I can't find a video of that show, but here's the same thing that they did on Halloween the year before:

https://youtu.be/T_aq4Zb-AHQ?t=621

Edited by WhoTom

45 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

that was cool to watch, i was watching at the end when they were celebrating to see if young Oliver drank any champagne.....

Well, did he? 

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Two years ago, on the 50th anniversary of the landing, my wife and I saw String Cheese Incident at Red Rocks. (I wore my NASA shirt, because I'm a science geek.) Near the end of the show, the band acknowledged the feat and played a sci-fi jam as their finale. I can't find a video of that show, but here's the same thing that they did on Halloween the year before:

https://youtu.be/T_aq4Zb-AHQ?t=621

Very cool. 

I saw them in July 2016 at RR; I have a giant dusk artwork picture over my couch of RR. Magical place that changed my life for the better, and for worse.

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

we come in peace for all mankind

Peace for the aliens.  If only we had peace on earth for man

We are trying to convey that; someone or something simply needs to capture one of the Voyagers: https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/golden-record/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.