Cole Beasley's Motives

40 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The NFL and NFLPA are fed up with Cole Beasley on his anti-vaccine stance. At this point, he is pretty much daring the Bills to cut him.  I happen to think there is more to his actions than a mere anti-vaccine stance. This has not been stated anywhere else but I think his 2021 compensation has a lot to do with it.

The guy was voted to the Second Team All-Pro and had the best stats of any  slot receiver in 2020. And he played the post-season on a cracked fibula.

His 2021 compensation is 5.8 mill in new cash with just 500K guaranteed. It is pretty low for a receiver go got ya nearly 1000 yards last year. The Bills signing an older and less productive (2020) receiver for 6 million must have been pretty brutal.

The more I think about it, he is not going to be back in a Bills uni without a fresh deal. And you know what - I think the guy deserves it! I think this whole anti-vaccine stance will be resolved quickly once Beane opens Da Bills' purse strings. So BOLO for a fresh deal for Beasley. 

🙃

🤪

32 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Hard to see the logic here

Logic is hard to be found in plenty of places lately.

Oh, and IN, I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

That’s why I don’t like this happening now.  A seemingly close team made it to the AFC Championship and hopes to take the next step.  The last thing we needed was to have a divisive issue.  

Couldn't agree me. We all love what Cole brings to this team but this whole anti-vax issue and now today sparing with Michael Irvin is becoming both distracting and problematic to the Bills chemistry. He has a right to his opinion (even though I strongly disagree with it), but his future in Buffalo could be in jeopardy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

37 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

how does decreasing one’s value and daring a team to cut him…increase his contract value?

Bills cut him - he gets vaccinated and another team pays him more. Sry shda clarified.

33 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Everything you have stated is simply your thoughts, zero facts.  Thanks 

Yes. I thought I made that absolutely clear - by saying this has not been mentioned anywhere else?

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Bills cut him - he gets vaccinated and another team pays him more. Sry shda clarified.

Yes. I thought I made that absolutely clear - by saying this has not been mentioned anywhere else?

My point being you have zero facts backing up what you have stated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Whatever the reason Cole is rejecting the vaccine and compliance with safety restrictions, he must realize he is becoming a distraction to the front office. Josh's comfort level with him as a security blanket will determine his status. I personally want him here and I think the team is loyal to Cole and his balls to the wall toughness. The loss of the player is more damaging than the complications his Covid health status causes..

He shot his mouth off again today. If you want to make a stand, take it up with the PA, don’t whine on Twitter 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I guess the the insinuation is that Beasley wants to get cut so he can be a free agent and get paid a way more this season when Belichick signs him to catch balls off the turf from Cam Newton. 

Yes you are right lol. Not just an insinuation - but the substance of the post. Challenging the Bills to either pay him or cut him. And I would not be too upset if the Bills pay him.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He shot his mouth off again today. If you want to make a stand, take it up with the PA, don’t whine on Twitter 

He was responding to being called by Michael Irvin as a guy who's not really committed to winning. He's been quiet otherwise. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yes you are right lol. Not just an insinuation - but the substance of the post. Challenging the Bills to either pay him or cut him. And I would not be too upset if the Bills pay him.

So you would reward a player who uses a situation to divide the team, simply to get a bump in his contract? He'd forgo the tradition route to that and, instead, use some cheap underhanded dishonest move for personal financial gain, at the expense of the team? That is the crux of the "what you are suggesting" biscuit.

I do not have that low of an opinion of Cole. That would be horrendous, IMO and absolutely not a "process" move.   Give the guy a bit of respect.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The NFL and NFLPA are fed up with Cole Beasley on his anti-vaccine stance. At this point, he is pretty much daring the Bills to cut him.  I happen to think there is more to his actions than a mere anti-vaccine stance. This has not been stated anywhere else but I think his 2021 compensation has a lot to do with it.

The guy was voted to the Second Team All-Pro and had the best stats of any  slot receiver in 2020. And he played the post-season on a cracked fibula.

His 2021 compensation is 5.8 mill in new cash with just 500K guaranteed. It is pretty low for a receiver go got ya nearly 1000 yards last year. The Bills signing an older and less productive (2020) receiver for 6 million must have been pretty brutal.

The more I think about it, he is not going to be back in a Bills uni without a fresh deal. And you know what - I think the guy deserves it! I think this whole anti-vaccine stance will be resolved quickly once Beane opens Da Bills' purse strings. So BOLO for a fresh deal for Beasley. 

I literally can not think of a worse way for him to increase his market value/get more money on an extension.

I personally do not care if he gets vaccinated one way or another. Ain't my business. But he's quite intentionally made a nuisance and a controversy of himself, and portrayed himself as a victim. He's screaming from the top of his lungs that there shouldn't be societal pressure that has quite literally ended the pandemic for those who've received the vaccine, and enabled the Bills to play in front of full crowds, and for most of America to go back to regular life.

If this is his play for a more lucrative contract, then he's sorely mistaken

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

This has not been stated anywhere else but I think his 2021 compensation has a lot to do with it.

Nah. The idea's silly.

These moves provide zero extra leverage. They certainly don't make the Bills more likely to pay more money.

40 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yeah because other teams love guys who cause trouble, accumulate fines and bring lots of bad media attention.

Sorry, makes no sense.

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Did I miss something?  I haven’t heard a peep about him since his Covid protocol comments. 

I don’t understand where all of this is even coming from 

Edited by appoo
  • Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

He was responding to being called by Michael Irvin as a guy who's not really committed to winning. He's been quiet otherwise. 

That one did not bother me, but then he retweeted a guy who called people who believe in the science behind vaccinations nazis. My reactions to his trending on Twitter is starting to get like the guy in this series of sketches (he also plays ScarJo's publicist and Nic Cage's agent)...

• Agree 1

Cole has three choices:

1. get vaccinated and exist as an NFL player relatively free of restrictions;

2. don't get vaccinated and live by the stricter protocols;

3. retire. 

He seems to want option 4 - don't get vacced and exist as an NFL player pretty much free of restrictions but that option isn't on the table by agreement with the players union. I don't think his twitter spats have a cat in hell's chance of changing that (though I understand Cole being miffed at a suggestion that he doesn't want to win) but with camp around the corner decision time is looming.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 7

3 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

That one did not bother me, but then he retweeted a guy who called people who believe in the science behind vaccinations nazis. My reactions to his trending on Twitter is starting to get like the guy in this series of sketches (he also plays ScarJo's publicist and Nic Cage's agent)...

Didn't see that Nazi reference. I'm as disappointed with his reticence as every Bills fan, but the guy is really valuable and his departure would weaken us.