Cole Beasley's Motives

The NFL and NFLPA are fed up with Cole Beasley on his anti-vaccine stance. At this point, he is pretty much daring the Bills to cut him.  I happen to think there is more to his actions than a mere anti-vaccine stance. This has not been stated anywhere else but I think his 2021 compensation has a lot to do with it.

The guy was voted to the Second Team All-Pro and had the best stats of any  slot receiver in 2020. And he played the post-season on a cracked fibula.

His 2021 compensation is 5.8 mill in new cash with just 500K guaranteed. It is pretty low for a receiver go got ya nearly 1000 yards last year. The Bills signing an older and less productive (2020) receiver for 6 million must have been pretty brutal.

The more I think about it, he is not going to be back in a Bills uni without a fresh deal. And you know what - I think the guy deserves it! I think this whole anti-vaccine stance will be resolved quickly once Beane opens Da Bills' purse strings. So BOLO for a fresh deal for Beasley. 

• Vomit 5
  • Disagree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 10

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The NFL and NFLPA are fed up with Cole Beasley on his anti-vaccine stance. At this point, he is pretty much daring the Bills to cut him.  I happen to think there is more to his actions than a mere anti-vaccine stance. This has not been stated anywhere else but I think his 2021 compensation has a lot to do with it.

The guy was voted to the Second Team All-Pro and had the best stats of any  slot receiver in 2020. And he played the post-season on a cracked fibula.

His 2021 compensation is 5.8 mill in new cash with just 500K guaranteed. It is pretty low for a receiver go got ya nearly 1000 yards last year. The Bills signing an older and less productive (2020) receiver for 6 million must have been pretty brutal.

The more I think about it, he is not going to be back in a Bills uni without a fresh deal. And you know what - I think the guy deserves it! I think this whole anti-vaccine stance will be resolved quickly once Beane opens Da Bills' purse strings. So BOLO for a fresh deal for Beasley. 

how does decreasing one’s value and daring a team to cut him…increase his contract value?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Everything you have stated is simply your thoughts, zero facts.  Thanks 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beasley and Sanders are 2 very different type wide outs. Cole is not the vertical threat Sanders or for that matter Gabriel Davis are. Cole does his work in the middle of the field on short intermediate crossing routes. As much as I love the player and his chemistry with Josh he's most likely the easiest to replace if it came down to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I don't think any of this. I think he is just vocal about his stance on it because players who don't want to get vaccinated are being grilled about it on a constant basis. Every press conference there's questions about it. The NFL also got extremely strict with ridiculous protocols for this season for unvaccinated players. It's just him venting if you ask me

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Whatever the reason Cole is rejecting the vaccine and compliance with safety restrictions, he must realize he is becoming a distraction to the front office. Josh's comfort level with him as a security blanket will determine his status. I personally want him here and I think the team is loyal to Cole and his balls to the wall toughness. The loss of the player is more damaging than the complications his Covid health status causes..

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't think any of this. I think he is just vocal about his stance on it because players who don't want to get vaccinated are being grilled about it on a constant basis. Every press conference there's questions about it. The NFL also got extremely strict with ridiculous protocols for this season for unvaccinated players. It's just him venting if you ask me

If there's all these 'secret' players who are upset about it.. they could have secretly gone to their NFLPA reps and had them fight the fight for them. 

3 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

I am sure a suspension will be forthcoming , but why the negativity on Beasley for exercising his right to make his own decision? . Has taking the Vax been made mandatory ?

As I'm sure you already know, people don't have a problem with him not getting the vax as a personal choice. The problem is that he agreed to be part of the NFLPA who negotiated with the NFL to come up with rules and doesn't want to follow the rules that his fellow players agreed to.. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Whatever the reason Cole is rejecting the vaccine and compliance with safety restrictions, he must realize he is becoming a distraction to the front office. Josh's comfort level with him as a security blanket will determine his status. I personally want him here and I think the team is loyal to Cole and his balls to the wall toughness. The loss of the player is more damaging than the complications his Covid health status causes..

That’s why I don’t like this happening now.  A seemingly close team made it to the AFC Championship and hopes to take the next step.  The last thing we needed was to have a divisive issue.  

30 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Hard to see the logic here

I guess the the insinuation is that Beasley wants to get cut so he can be a free agent and get paid a way more this season when Belichick signs him to catch balls off the turf from Cam Newton. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

That’s why I don’t like this happening now.  A seemingly close team made it to the AFC Championship and hopes to take the next step.  The last thing we needed was to have a divisive issue.  

Do we know that it’s divisive in the locker room?

Sure, Twitter folks are in their feels, but Twitter isn’t real life.  

We know, confirmed, a few guys publicly back him - one being our young, up and coming, fellow WR. 

Diggs made a vague tweet right when Beasley quote-tweeted Michael Irvin that Cole retweeted. 

If I had to guess, the unquestioned leader of our team isn’t vaxxed.  Nor do I think a lot of big name players are…. It’s the fringe guys feeling the pressure.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

If there's all these 'secret' players who are upset about it.. they could have secretly gone to their NFLPA reps and had them fight the fight for them. 

As I'm sure you already know, people don't have a problem with him not getting the vax as a personal choice. The problem is that he agreed to be part of the NFLPA who negotiated with the NFL to come up with rules and doesn't want to follow the rules that his fellow players agreed to.. 

You sure about that? ..Is it a legally bound ? "agreed"  ok. anyway why all the BS .. ? about him ?

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Absolutely agree, but to replace Cole after his inspirational and veteran ,clutch presence helped us get within a game of the SB, is the question. It looks like he's pretty dug in.