Steelers sign Melvin Ingram

The Steelers D could be really good.  I don’t know how much he has left in the tank but his skill set fits their system really well.  

We’re the better team, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked if the steelers upset us weak 1.  

12 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I thought that Roethlisberger looked listless, in that game. I was surprised at those passing numbers, actually. The point is, don't undersell this guy, when he will be fresh at the start of the season.

The Browns defense, especially the secondary, completely melted down in that game

18 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Does he block well?  Cause as far as I can tell Ben is gonna be doomed behind that line. 

Ben throws the ball in like 1 second these days. Doesn't always get much out of it, but he isn't going to take a beating. He'd rather lose than get hit a bunch of times.

15 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

His son plays in the same pga junior league my buddies son does.  He’s seen Ben a few times this summer said he looks really thin.  

Can't call him "Big Ben" anymore? Should it be "Skinny Ben"?

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Ben throws the ball in like 1 second these days. Doesn't always get much out of it, but he isn't going to take a beating. He'd rather lose than get hit a bunch of times.

He did in the last offense and it was one of the lease effective attacks Ben has commanded since he was a rookie.  They canned the OC so who knows what their offense will look like this year. 

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

The Steelers D could be really good.  I don’t know how much he has left in the tank but his skill set fits their system really well.  

We’re the better team, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked if the steelers upset us weak 1.  

Bills are bringing back most of the roster that went 13-3 and trampled the Steelers last year. I dont see the Steelers have upgraded so much that they would have a large advantage in Game 1 of the season. 

Setting aside "anything can happen on a Sunday", I would be completely shocked if we lose to the Steelers and start our SB campaign on the wrong foot

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Browns defense, especially the secondary, completely melted down in that game

Looked like a classic case of getting up by a lot early and putting it in cruise control.

40 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Bills are bringing back most of the roster that went 13-3 and trampled the Steelers last year. I dont see the Steelers have upgraded so much that they would have a large advantage in Game 1 of the season. 

Setting aside "anything can happen on a Sunday", I would be completely shocked if we lose to the Steelers and start our SB campaign on the wrong foot

We trampled the steelers?  We beat them by 11 and had a pick 7.  9-7 at the half.  Our O couldn’t do anything in the first half and they were missing some of their best players.  You act as if because we beat a team one season that it’s an automatic win the following.  That’s just not the case.  We’ll be the favorites.  They have a chance to win.  

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

He’s old, slow, and banged up.  It’s a big so what.  That line will be horrific.  We’re going to crush them week 1.  Their defense will play well, but their offense won’t keep up.

I sure hope so.  I can see that game being a LOT closer than it needs to be.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He threw it 68 times, he should get a lot of yards, he also had 4 ints.  Big Ben can still have a good game once in a while but they will get more and more infrequent.

Agree.  I could be totally wrong (and I am often) but with the Steelers schedule this year I see them having a hard time winning 8 games or more.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

We trampled the steelers?  We beat them by 11 and had a pick 7.  9-7 at the half.  Our O couldn’t do anything in the first half and they were missing some of their best players.  You act as if because we beat a team one season that it’s an automatic win the following.  That’s just not the case.  We’ll be the favorites.  They have a chance to win.  

if we want to compare facts

Final score 26-15

On the road

Total yards 334-224

Rush Yards 104-47

TOP 35:15 - 24:45

I remember this game as us pretty much having our way with them after mid way through the second quarter.

We trampled them

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

if we want to compare facts

Final score 26-15

On the road

Total yards 334-224

Rush Yards 104-47

TOP 35:15 - 24:45

I remember this game as us pretty much having our way with them after mid way through the second quarter.

We trampled them

We were losing 7-0 with 3:15 left in the 1st half.  Not sure how we were having our way with them.  They were also missing several starters.  Think w/e you like.  They can most definitely ruin our opener.   The cardinals beat us. We’re the superior team. Sometimes the superior team loses.