Steelers sign Melvin Ingram

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Does he block well?  Cause as far as I can tell Ben is gonna be doomed behind that line. 

I think Pittsburgh and Big Ben are "in denial".  He should have hung it up last year.  So the Steelers now going to magically turn into a running first team?  OK.  I think the Steelers are fighting Cinci for the basement in their Conference.  Too bad we have to see Ben in the first game of the season before he starts to slow/break down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Does he block well?  Cause as far as I can tell Ben is gonna be doomed behind that line. 

Ben's body is done. He'd be doomed behind a good line. 

Edited by jeremy2020

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

He threw for 501 yards in the Playoff loss, against the Browns.

Please don't post facts on this board.  They often interfere with the prevailing narrative

Old, slow and injured. No thanks.  I didn't like many of the DL FA signings last year but Beane cut/restructured nicely this off-season and got younger.  Hopefully they have the nice mix of youth and experience to generate a consistent pass rush

• Like (+1) 2

Ben supposedly went all in this offseason on a diet and workout regimen.  Reports are that he’s dropped a lot of weight and is getting stronger.  Will be interesting to see if it allows him to be a little more mobile or maybe he’s just expecting to take a beating behind that line.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Ben's body is done. He'd be doomed behind a good line. 

He’s on the TB12 diet now!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/sports/2021/07/big-ben-roethlisberger-goes-on-tom-bradys-super-bowl-diet.html%3foutputType=amp

…until he found out it didn’t stand for Taco Bell by the dozen 

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Ben supposedly went all in this offseason on a diet and workout regimen.  Reports are that he’s dropped a lot of weight and is getting stronger.  Will be interesting to see if it allows him to be a little more mobile or maybe he’s just expecting to take a beating behind that line.

His son plays in the same pga junior league my buddies son does.  He’s seen Ben a few times this summer said he looks really thin.