All Bills Preseason games will be carried live on NFLN

1 hour ago, eball said:

For any diehard Bills fan to say this is curious to me.  I don't watch other teams' preseason games but the Bills?  I watch every minute.  I want to see the 2nd/3rd/4th string guys against live competition.  I want to see the backup QBs and RBs.  I know there's no game planning but watching the rookies, free agents, and long shots is more interesting to me than watching the starters during preseason.

We excluding the second half of game 4, cause that's just a slog to get through. Love it, but a lot of football is the tension building between plays, and tough to get that in the last two quarters of the preseason.

Plus the announcing can be the other teams homer announcers (or our own) who likely are just trying to make it to the end.

With only three games now, I wonder which game will be the audition for the starters now. Do we think it will still be the third game, which would be the home game against the Packers? I hope so. I'll be there. If they do the second game, that would give the starters an unprecedentedly long break from game action before the season.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

As much as I like football, preseason has lost it for me. By the second period, I’m done. 

I just watch it for a completely different reason. I want to see the new additions in action and I want to see how depth players are developing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

We excluding the second half of game 4, cause that's just a slog to get through. Love it, but a lot of football is the tension building between plays, and tough to get that in the last two quarters of the preseason.

Plus the announcing can be the other teams homer announcers (or our own) who likely are just trying to make it to the end.

I'll give you the 2nd half of G4...at that point it's a bunch of future grocery clerks trying to knock each others' heads off.

The homer announcers are always hilarious.  I still remember the Bears-Bills preseason game from 2018 with Kyle Brandt from NFL Network (who I didn't know at the time was a huge Bears fan) fulfilling a "dream" to call a Bears game.  Funniest s-h-i-t I ever heard.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I'll give you the 2nd half of G4...at that point it's a bunch of future grocery clerks trying to knock each others' heads off.

The homer announcers are always hilarious.  I still remember the Bears-Bills preseason game from 2018 with Kyle Brandt from NFL Network (who I didn't know at the time was a huge Bears fan) fulfilling a "dream" to call a Bears game.  Funniest s-h-i-t I ever heard.

I remember a couple years back when the Bills played the Ravens in preseason and Brian Billick gushed about the great defensive play by the Ravens after the Bills had gotten a first down.

I like the posters who claim they can’t stand Preseason games,  yet they will watch every one off them and then deny it was fun to watch, they do this Shtick every year…, you would figure that they would catch on by now that no one believes them.., 😁

Go Bills!!!

7 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

With only three games now, I wonder which game will be the audition for the starters now. Do we think it will still be the third game, which would be the home game against the Packers? I hope so. I'll be there. If they do the second game, that would give the starters an unprecedentedly long break from game action before the season.

To me the whole idea of it being the 3rd game was to give the starters 2 weeks "off" before the season opener. They still accomplish that here with the 3rd game. Play the starters the first half...then backups 3rd quarter and bubble guys in the 4th. To me that makes the most sense.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

As much as I like football, preseason has lost it for me. By the second period, I’m done. 

I can tell your love for the game by calling it the second period.

• Haha (+1) 1

Pre season is very underrated 

- it’s pro football after a very long time without it

- it’s the point of the season where the most football is left

- you get to watch your favorite team and not get upset if they lose the game 

- you can see a lot of guys you would otherwise never be able to see

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Good points. Plus there is no basketball, hockey, and college and high football to compete with it, not that they would win out anyway.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You've pretty much posted my thoughts there.

Also, this year, two 1pm (6pm over here) kick offs is spot on. 

The cricket season will still be in full swing but I'm more than ready for my Bills fix now.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It gets better than that. If they win, you get to say that they are learning how to win as a team. And if they lose, you get to rationalize that it was because they were playing all of their younger, bottom-of-the-roster players to get them playing time, so who cares if they lost. So no matter what, you get to feel good about it.

I rarely get to see games live, unless it's the Sunday at 1:00 regular season variety. So I'm not giving my cable company any more of my $$$ for the NFL Network. I'm contemplating giving them $0, and getting rid of cable altogether.