All Bills Preseason games will be carried live on NFLN

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As much as I like football, preseason has lost it for me. By the second period, I’m done. 

Nah, I love it. I wanna see the recruits at work. What I'm wondering about this year is which game is the one where starters play most? Second or third?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As much as I like football, preseason has lost it for me. By the second period, I’m done. 

Im just ready for NFL football. I’m a ***** for it. The offseason is way too long. Hockey literally just ended and they just announced their preseason schedule today

3 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Sweeeeeeet !!!!

Yes, want to see the rookies, but also want to see how much trouble we're in with our backup QB - or maybe we're in great shape.  We'll see....

I know you hedged your bets by saying "or maybe we're in great shape", but do you really think we might be in trouble with Trubisky as a backup?  The guy has a decent record as a starter and did not have nearly the offensive weapons he would have in Buffalo if, god forbid, he was forced to play in a meaningful game.  I feel way better with him as the backup than I did last year.  I also don't think you will get a clear answer to the question if Mitch is playing a quarter or two with backups in a preseason game.

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

For any diehard Bills fan to say this is curious to me.  I don't watch other teams' preseason games but the Bills?  I watch every minute.  I want to see the 2nd/3rd/4th string guys against live competition.  I want to see the backup QBs and RBs.  I know there's no game planning but watching the rookies, free agents, and long shots is more interesting to me than watching the starters during preseason.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

31 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Sweeeeeeet !!!!

Yes, want to see the rookies, but also want to see how much trouble we're in with our backup QB - or maybe we're in great shape.  We'll see....

I want Mitch to ice games for us this year, possibly start the last game of the season and get the W while we rest Josh.

1 hour ago, CuseBill said:

I know you hedged your bets by saying "or maybe we're in great shape", but do you really think we might be in trouble with Trubisky as a backup?  The guy has a decent record as a starter and did not have nearly the offensive weapons he would have in Buffalo if, god forbid, he was forced to play in a meaningful game.  I feel way better with him as the backup than I did last year.  I also don't think you will get a clear answer to the question if Mitch is playing a quarter or two with backups in a preseason game.

Yes, I did hedge my bet for sure.  He does have a decent record and he clearly has skills, but until I see how comfortable he is playing in this system (even with backup players) I'm gonna continue hedging.  😉   Hopefully all he has to do is ice games during the season (like mentioned above) because we're up by 40 like against the Pats, but past performance is not always a harbinger of current success.

Oh and I REALLY loved that game against the Pats late last year!  Rubbed it in HARD with all my Pats fan friends!!!

30 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I can’t wait to see the defensive line in game time action 

Trouble is, they will only be running base vanilla defenses during preseason.  Don't think we'll see how the D line really looks until Week 1.  But I'm with ya - exited to see our new D line guys - AND Star back in the mix!

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

But ...

1. Christian Wade returning punts!

2. Legal sports betting in my state. Nothing more exciting than a friendly wager on a game that the teams are not really even trying to win.

3. Who will be the 53rd man? Always seems to be worth a 20-page thread here.

Seriously, I agree with you. I just can't watch practice.