ESPN Future Power Ranking Released Today 7/19

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

KC, Tampa, Baltimore 

KC? Sure. Tampa? Brady isn't playing forever. Baltimore? Meh. They lost a lot on defense and I think they hinge everything on Lamar progressing, something I have not really seen as of yet. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3

This constant hope that LJ improves as a passer is akin to the idea that a guy like TT would improve as a passer.  Nice guys, hard workers, tons of physical talent, but...just not passers.  The desire by some of these guys to stay in the pocket is palpable, watching them play, but it just doesn't seem like it'll happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don't agree with Baltimore and Tampa being ahead of us. 

Tampa is getting old and Baltimore has cap issues.  Plus, I'm still not sold on Lamar.

Tampa is the defending SB champion and Brady returns - given these factors it is hard to argue they should be lower.

Baltimore on the other hand, is an insult to be listed ahead of the Bills.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Tampa is the defending SB champion and Brady returns - given these factors it is hard to argue they should be lower.

Baltimore on the other hand, is an insult to be listed ahead of the Bills.

I got the vibe reading this that it was a Power Ranking for the next few years, not just the next season.  If it's just next season, I retract my Tampa comment.  The Baltimore ranking would bother me even more.  They lost pass rush, and even though the somewhat increased their receivers, they still have Lamar. 

Also, we held them to 3 ***** points in the playoffs!

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don't agree with Baltimore and Tampa being ahead of us. 

Tampa is getting old and Baltimore has cap issues.  Plus, I'm still not sold on Lamar.

I can see Tampa being ahead of us since they are defending champs and bringing back the same roster.  We've been waiting for Brady to get old for a decade, now.

I don't get the Baltimore love.  Lamont sucks and the book on defending him is out.

The Bills have young talent (QB aside) but they aren't exactly a young team either. There are some avenues on this team where the team doesn't feature a lot of young talent but I would say overall if you are forecasting the next 3 seasons (which is about as far out as you can forecast) the Bills are set up for success about as good as any team in the league. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing what they had to say about the Bills if someone would be so kind. 

What do you think Nate Football, care to share? 

I would love to see it as well.  That's why I asked for help in the OP, I don't have the subscription!

3 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

I would love to see it as well.  That's why I asked for help in the OP, I don't have the subscription!

Why they're here: Buffalo has been a clinic in roster building that I believe teams in all sports should admire. GM Brandon Beane and coach Sean McDermott laid the foundation of their culture while meticulously gathering playmakers. Their conviction on a raw but massively talented quarterback in Josh Allen in the 2018 draft paid off, with Allen's rise matched by a roster littered with talent. -- Yates

Biggest worry: The 2021 draft selections on the defensive line of Greg Rousseau and Boogie Basham have to be big hits for Beane and McDermott if they want to knock the Chiefs off the AFC throne. Defensive end Mario Addison tied for the team lead with just five sacks in 2020 but is 33 years old and will be an unrestricted free agent in 2022. Jerry Hughes, 32, was second with 4.5 sacks and is also a pending free agent. -- Riddick

What could change for the better: Buffalo's hit level on free agents and high draft picks bodes well for the future under Beane. Five of the top free-agent signings or trades in recent years -- Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley, Daryl Williams, Jordan Poyer and Mitch Morse -- are key contributors. Top picks from 2017, Tre'Davious White and Dion Dawkins, are locked up long term, and 2018 high picks Allen and Tremaine Edmunds probably will be shortly. Buffalo's roster is in trusted hands. -- Fowler

Stat to know: Buffalo led the league last season in first-down dropback rate (67%, excluding garbage time), and it paid off, as they ranked second in offensive efficiency. Assuming they keep it up, that aggression will continue to pay dividends. -- Walder

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

4. Buffalo Bills

Overall score: 85.6

CATEGORY SCORE NFL

RANK

Overall roster (minus QB) 85.0 6

Quarterback 90.0 3

Coaching 87.3 7

Draft 76.0 14

Front office 88.3 3

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I got the vibe reading this that it was a Power Ranking for the next few years, not just the next season.  If it's just next season, I retract my Tampa comment.  The Baltimore ranking would bother me even more.  They lost pass rush, and even though the somewhat increased their receivers, they still have Lamar. 

Also, we held them to 3 ***** points in the playoffs!

It is a Future Cast type of Power Ranking, slated as how they view it over the next 3 years. Tom may play for two at the most imo, possibly only one more if they go back-to-back. I can't see them hanging around the top once he's gone, unless Trask turns into TB 2.0 in the meantime. 

• Like (+1) 1

If there is a flaw in these rankings I see it in how the Bills' are ranked in coaching and the draft.  7th best coached team...really?  They not only have very good coaching, they also have continuity.  I can't name 6 teams with better coaching.  I get them putting the Pats*** at #1 for Belichick but after that...

• Agree 1