Share Your Random Acts of "Go Bills!"

Around 15 years ago, on a Sunday afternoon, I walked into a really small mom and pop hardware store in Los Angeles,

There were 3 people in the store: me, the checkout guy, and someone behind me in line

The guy behind the counter had a small black & white TV watching football 

As I was checking out, the network switched to the Bills Game

I asked him if I could stay and watch since I was from Buffalo.

He responded: "I am from Buffalo too - from Tonawanda"

The guy behind me said: "I am from Buffalo too - from Amherst"

It turned out the guy behind me grew up around the corner from me, his sister was in my HS class, and his brother played on the same soccer team as me.

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

If I see a Bills decal on a car while driving, I will chase that sumbich down and scream 'Go Bills!' out the window. They're usually terrified. 

Are we NOT supposed to do that? Ive done the same thing many times. 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Moulds_80 said:

I'm a chef at a restaurant in Leroy ny, kindve in between buffalo and rochester. I walk into work on Friday and look out the window and see mike shanahan....his table was right on the water outside my prep kitchen window, I cooked him lunch, on his way out I said go bills! And he smiled and waived. Kindve random bit was fun,!

Damn…I live in Va but was just at Creekside this past Fri for a HS reunion. I had a Bills cap on…should have glanced into the kitchen.

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

Got a very enthusiastic “Go Bills!” from a guy at a Yorktown, VA Walmart. Walking out to my car. I can only assume this was his car in the parking lot 

137-E3936-3586-4023-86-BA-E7-E159-EFB612

He even has the WNY parking skills mastered with his tiny Toyota. 

• Haha (+1) 3

I'm a chef at a restaurant in Leroy ny, kindve in between buffalo and rochester. I walk into work on Friday and look out the window and see mike shanahan....his table was right on the water outside my prep kitchen window, I cooked him lunch, on his way out I said go bills! And he smiled and waived. Kindve random bit was fun,!

Any idea why in the world Shanahan would be in LeRoy ? 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

We have WFT, Dallas, Panthers, One Jets fan in our station. 
   We give each other the business pretty hard. If I had a dollar for every time I heard “ You know what Bills stands for? Boy I Like Losing Superbowls, I’d be a rich man.

My biggest fear is losing the SB again. The amount of crap I would take on top of my anguish would be intolerable.

People used to ask me, "Aren't you afraid of them going back and losing again?" and I would always tell them, "No, you can't lose if you don't go. I'll take my chances."

• Like (+1) 1

one more funny Bills fandom story-  a couple years ago I saw Gronk walking in Mohegan Sun- I yelled "Go back home to Buffalo!  Your family misses you!  We will forgive you!  Do the right thing prodigal son!  Do it for your hometown!"  Gronk was laughing as he walked away lol

I have a ton of Bills stories.  Ive been a die hard Bills fan my whole 52 years life.  Ive been catching hell, and giving it back my whole life....well since the 5th grade anyways when my family moved to New England

• Like (+1) 3

I work at the North American headquarters of a global corporation in the Boston area. Whenever no one is looking, I write "Go Bills!" in blue and red marker in the corner of meeting room white boards. My little act of defiance for our mafia insurgency.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/19/2021 at 12:51 PM, SirAndrew said:

Any idea why in the world Shanahan would be in LeRoy ? 

Apparently his friend was being inducted into the leroy sports HOF ...no idea how they are connected 

On 7/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, Mr Info said:

Damn…I live in Va but was just at Creekside this past Fri for a HS reunion. I had a Bills cap on…should have glanced into the kitchen.

Nice! Hope you enjoyed it!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nice! Hope you enjoyed it!

I have a question about the pronunciation of LeRoy…actually Le Roy.

Do you find most people pronounce it lee-roy with emphasis on first syllable or use a French pronunciation of the name with a short e and emphasis on the second syllable?

5 hours ago, Mr Info said:

I have a question about the pronunciation of LeRoy…actually Le Roy.

Do you find most people pronounce it lee-roy with emphasis on first syllable or use a French pronunciation of the name with a short e and emphasis on the second syllable?

66C6E8C9-8676-46C6-9315-FF305EB20785.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/18/2021 at 11:48 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It’s pretty cool knowing how well-represented we are as a community throughout the country—frankly I’m more surprised if I don’t get at least one shoutout while rocking my Bills gear than if (when) I do, regardless of which state I’m in. Go Bills!!

From the State of Texas

GOOOO BILLS BABY !!!

Edited by Putin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Walking down the street on Block island (RI)two days ago, a guys walking towards me with a small group of friends wearing a Bills,  I give him a “Go Bills” he seemed to be shocked that another Bills fan was in the New England area, he barely nodded and continued down the street…, kinda of odd I thought…, 

My most random one by far is at a bar in Fargo ND. I was the only person in there besides the bartender and in walks a guy with his girlfriend and he has a Bills hat. I said "hey man, go Bills!" Turns out he was from Victor (outside of Rochester) graduated the same year as me and grew up about 20 mins from where I did. His GF was from Fargo

Small world

Had to use this as my first post.  I live in Huntington Beach CA.  Last year when the BLM protests were going on, my girlfriend and I rode our bikes downtown to check them out.(link to a pic (not mine) for visual reference. https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/488e353/2147483647/strip/true/crop/2000x1050+0+142/resize/1200x630!/quality/90/?url=https:%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fad%2F2d%2F4946bdbf41aa942f5c5e03df6eac%2Ftn-photos-staff-s1-daily-pilot-533779-tn-dpt-me-hb-huntington-beach-protest-20200501-ss-1.jpg) The intersection of main st and PCH was filled with both sides of protestors. Main street was full of people, fights were starting, lots if yelling- a pretty high strung situation.  I look up the street and see a line of riot police with shields up, ready to walk down and disperse the crowd.  Right in front of the line of police are two guys on bicycles, facing the police- no more than 20 ft in front of the line facing them, backs to me.  I tell my girlfriend to stay put, and walk up the street.  Sure enough, one of the guys on bikes is wearing a Josh Allen jersey.  I walk up to these guys, both really big, tatted, Latin American guys.  I walk up next to the guy, he sees me and glares at me.  I look at him and say "go bills". He looks at me for a second, laughs, smiles fist bumps me and says "go bills".   I still chuckle.  My girlfriend was P***ed, but she is not a Bills fan....

• Like (+1) 1