2021 record prediction?

May be early, but could be fun to try and predict.  Thoughts?

Me, I'll predict 13-4.  Unlike past years, I'm not predicting each game, just more going abstract.

I'm being cautious/conservative with KC, Tampa and the Titans.  While I think they can beat any of them, Buffalo struggled with elite QBs.  Mahomes ripped them, I think Brady can too.  As for Tenn, they ate Buffalo's lunch last year.  Going to be careful and pick them going 1-2 there.

I can see Buffalo going 6-0 in the division again, but that's a tough feat.  The East will be tougher, and division games are...well, how many times did the upstart Dolphins trip up the Pats?  I see an upset somewhere.  No idea where.  So, 5-1 there.

So, 6-3 to this point.  I think the Bills can win the other eight, so 14-3 is possible, but I suspect they're going to falter once.  Whether they just come out playing like dog poo...or the opponent just catches fire and plays like an all-star squad for one week, or both, I see one more loss.

So, I predict 13-4.  What say you?

• Like (+1) 2

I'm on the fence between 13-4 and 12-5. Weird accounting for the extra game, anyway I'll just go with 13-4. Although I think it could go either way, also think it will come down to the last game of season to determine 13-4 or 12-5 depending how important it is.

• Like (+1) 2

14-3, but contingent on the final week or 2 and whether we have anything left to play for, I could see slipping to 13-4. More likely than ever that coaches will rest their teams whenever possible going into the playoffs with this extra game and extra opportunities for injury accordingly…

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

14-3, but contingent on the final week or 2 and whether we have anything left to play for, I could see slipping to 13-4. More likely than ever that coaches will rest their teams whenever possible going into the playoffs with this extra game and extra opportunities for injury accordingly…

Hopefully if there is anything to play for when last game rolls around, with a little luck hopefully it will be for home field throughout.

• Like (+1) 2

*****! I can never resist these threads. Never too early!!

15-2

Then...run through the playoffs like their proverbial hair is on fire, to setup a rematch in the AFC championship game, and Bills avenge all previous KC losses and then do the same to mutha-fuggin tom brady in the Superbowl...and then...we all party like its 1991!!

WIN vs Pittsburgh

WIN @Miami

WIN vs Washington

WIN vs Houston

LOSS @Kansas City

WIN @Tennessee

BYE WEEK

WIN vs Miami

WIN @Jacksonville

WIN @New York

WIN vs Indianapolis

WIN @New Orleans

WIN vs New England

LOSS @Tampa Bay

WIN vs Carolina

WIN @New England

WIN vs Atlanta

WIN vs New York

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

*****! I can never resist these threads. Never too early!!

15-2

Then...run through the playoffs like their proverbial hair is on fire, to setup a rematch in the AFC championship game, and Bills avenge all previous KC losses and then do the same to mutha-fuggin tom brady in the Superbowl...and then...we all party like its 1991!!

WIN vs Pittsburgh

WIN @Miami

WIN vs Washington

WIN vs Houston

LOSS @Kansas City

WIN @Tennessee

BYE WEEK

WIN vs Miami

WIN @Jacksonville

WIN @New York

WIN vs Indianapolis

WIN @New Orleans

WIN vs New England

LOSS @Tampa Bay

WIN vs Carolina

WIN @New England

WIN vs Atlanta

WIN vs New York

You go dark Spidey.  I like where you’re head is at, and agree with one exception.  Either Indy or TN we have a hiccup and lose one of them so 14-3.  I do think it’s plausible we lose during the season to KC, but then beat them in the playoffs.  My reasoning is our two draft picks on DE, and Epenesa get enough experience throughout the year, they put it together and really make it rain by the playoffs (at least that’s my hope).

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

13-3. I won't allow their rule of an added game change my annual 16 game prediction. That is MY CHOICE based on MY experiences and what I think is best.

Doc, do you also not include the extra two games from 1978 on when we went to 16 games or 1961 when the NFL went to 14 from 12.  😂🤩🦬🏋️♂️

Im just kidding bud as I am the great Carnac and in seven years you’ll make predictions based on 17 games and we’ll start 18 games.  My point is not to be snarky, just it’s going to change and inevitable.  Some love it, and some hate it.  Bottom line is the league wants to increase revenue so we are Going to 18 games by the next CBA.  We’ll probably drop to 1-2 pre season games and a bunch of other accommodations. 

Ill put you down for 14-3 as we should beat the WTF team (17th).

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Doc, do you also not include the extra two games from 1978 on when we went to 16 games or 1961 when the NFL went to 14 from 12.  😂🤩🦬🏋️♂️

Im just kidding bud as I am the great Carnac and in seven years you’ll make predictions based on 17 games and we’ll start 18 games.  My point is not to be snarky, just it’s going to change and inevitable.  Some love it, and some hate it.

That's where I stand.  Thankyou for everyone who has been supportive throughout this process.  A lot of other posters hold my position but aren't in a place in their time here to be so outspoken.  I feel for you and am hoping I'm doing my part to represent you guys well.

• Haha (+1) 1

Doc, I hope you know I really was kidding with you.  I think you know I’m not snarky or mean spirited.  My point was simply it’s going to happen just like 18 is coming with the next cba.

Im not editorializing whether 17 or 18 is a good idea.  I know many don’t like the additional games.

53 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Doc, I hope you know I really was kidding with you.  I think you know I’m not snarky or mean spirited.  My point was simply it’s going to happen just like 18 is coming with the next cba.

Im not editorializing whether 17 or 18 is a good idea.  I know many don’t like the additional games.

I'm kidding too using Beasley's twitter message.  My best guess is 12-5 and the #3 seed.  We won a lot of close games last year and stayed remarkably healthy so I think we'll regress record wise a little bit.  If I had to guess the losses it would be the Chiefs, Bucs, Saints, @Pats, and a surprise loss to the WFT as Fitz always seems to play his best game against us.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’m glad.  You’re on of the many good guys on the board.  12-5 is safe.  I’m a little lofty in the 13-14 win realm, but so many variables.  What of god forbid Diggs or even Allen were out for five games.  I hate even thinking about it, but then again SF probably thought they would repeat a SB appearance last year and loom what happened to them.

Happy Sunday brother.  I’m off to church in a couple of hours to pay for my many sins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1