2 NFL Teams <50% Vaccinated (*spoiler* - Bills NOT one of them)

Merle

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, the NFL has not released this information.  We're getting stuff from the famed "unknown source" at present.

Don't know if that info will be released or not, but there's still a little time left if some end up deciding to before the season

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, for one thing, as the OP notes, the numbers are changing daily at this point, and with the players "out of the office" as it were, the numbers the teams provide to the NFL may not reflect reality. 

For example, the teams that are logged right now significantly lower in vaccination rate, may just have a guy who is less proactive in charge of collecting the data and providing it to the NFL (or maybe he went on vacation for 2 weeks and didn't transfer responsibility to someone else).

For another thing, I think the NFL is already walking a pretty fine line around protecting private medical information that the employer has a legit right to know (but the rest of the world does not)

If it stays that way, it would be interesting to know the difference but at this point I don't think we can exclude the explanation of "ratty data".

And to CSBill, I don't think the NFL revealed any? but a source leaked it?  Pretty sure that when training camps start up and everyone is in the facility, the quality of the data will be more uniform, the numbers will level off, and Vegas will get the info on all teams by hook or crook.

The two bolded statements above are excellent points.  Until it matters (i.e., bets are being placed) the public has no right to know this personal health information.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:16 AM, Billy Claude said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/13-teams-above-85-percent-threshold-for-player-vaccinations

13 teams over 85%.   Average is 73%.

The large difference between teams is surprising.   It would be interesting to know how the different teams handled the messaging.

I too was surprised by the wide range. This would make a great research project if the NFL or teams would allow someone to do it: "How did the messaging of management and coaching staff affect the receptivity and vaccination rates of NFL players?" And, are there applications there for the greater society?

Edited by CSBill
  • Agree 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:03 AM, CSBill said:

I too was surprised by the wide range. This would make a great research project if the NFL or teams would allow someone to do it: "How did the messaging of management and coaching staff affect the receptivity and vaccination rates of NFL players?" And, are there applications there for the greater society?

If I'm an NFL team, I'm paying players as much money as it takes to take the vaccine. Cost of losing a key player(s) during a critical game would be way more.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

If I'm an NFL team, I'm paying players as much money as it takes to take the vaccine. Cost of losing a key player(s) during a critical game would be way more.

Is the NFL still making you go into protocol if you're vaccinated and test positive for COVID?   Not to get political, but the Texas Dems are allegedly all vaccinated and currently have a 10% breakthrough rate, so far..

It's not going to matter.  Too many star names haven't and won't get it.  Teams are and will continue to fake numbers. 

If you think MLB teams are being honest about numbers, they aren't.   

All those people in the building get paid to win NFL games in the NOW, and come September all this safety theater becomes background.   

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, dpberr said:

It's not going to matter.  Too many star names haven't and won't get it.  Teams are and will continue to fake numbers. 

If you think MLB teams are being honest about numbers, they aren't.   

All those people in the building get paid to win NFL games in the NOW, and come September all this safety theater becomes background.   

No way Lebron James has gotten it.  He's pretty clear in indicating so, without saying it. 

I'd guess quite a few big name players of our own haven't gotten it. 

Does anyone think Tom Brady has gotten it, given he won't even eat strawberries due to their inflammatory properties?

I have zero issue with a player not getting it.  Even more so if they can still miss games due to catching a breakthrough case. 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Is the NFL still making you go into protocol if you're vaccinated and test positive for COVID?   Not to get political, but the Texas Dems are allegedly all vaccinated and currently have a 10% breakthrough rate, so far..

I gotta believe that if you test positive you're going to be under whatever protocol regardless of vaccination status. But only 'unvaccinated' players require daily testing.

On 7/17/2021 at 4:59 PM, LeviF said:

I guess I don’t have much of one 😂 other than even with high rates of vaccination you could end up with significant numbers of players in protocol for days at a time. Assuming they’re still testing everyone. 

Does the protocol in the NFL factor in vaccination status? Can a vaccinated player be held out of activities for having had contact with a player who tests positive?

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

The stock market has been getting hammered with expectations of economic slowdown due to a large uptick in COVID cases again...

PLEASE STOP GETTING COVID PEOPLE! You're hurting my money too now 😂

Buy, buy, buy!!!  (Jim Cramer voice)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, driddles said:

509441015_Colememe.thumb.jpg.adcb32e553850b688ad57dfb9af12735.jpg

Yep, I'm afraid This.

Folks, please re-familiarize yourself with @SDS pinned post about generalized covid-19 discussion on TSW.  We are not going to go off into the weeds of how sensitive different diagnostic tests are, and this is NOT the place to air your opinion about public health issues.

And we're still at, everybody got to hash out their opinion about Cole Beasley and thrash it to death for however many pages that was, we don't need to reprise and repeat.

• Agree 1