2 NFL Teams <50% Vaccinated (*spoiler* - Bills NOT one of them)

Merle

https://apnews.com/article/sports-football-health-coronavirus-pandemic-nfl-28b509f34f24a919750dc6c20b787c79

Two NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated less than two weeks from the start of training camp, a person familiar with the vaccination rates told The Associated Press.

As of Friday, Washington and Indianapolis had the two lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates among the 32 teams in the league, according to the person who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the league hasn’t released the numbers, which are changing daily.

Pittsburgh, Miami, Carolina and Denver have the highest vaccination rates and are among 10 teams that have achieved at least 85%. About 73% of players have been vaccinated. Teams on the lower end of the vaccination table face potential competitive disadvantages.

• Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

He called me names, I think! 

Total accident as I didn’t intentionally mean to respond to your post. I thought it was a stand alone post, not a reply. I can delete it.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Total accident as I didn’t intentionally mean to respond to your post. I thought it was a stand alone post, not a reply. I can delete it.

I’m totally kidding! I meant Forrest, and I’ve never even met him! I did see him jog past our neighborhood once many years ago. 

This is a real thing, but I don’t know how to address it without going down the wormhole, so I’ll bow out from any serious commentary. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m totally kidding! I meant Forrest, and I’ve never even met him! I did see him jog past our neighborhood once many years ago. 

This is a real thing, but I don’t know how to address it without going down the wormhole, so I’ll bow out from any serious commentary. 

What was it that Forest Gump said about stupid?

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

What was it that Forest Gump said about stupid?

I just know he was looking right at me when he said it! I couldn’t really argue with him. I like shrimp and I didn’t want him to cut me off…..

• Haha (+1) 5

8 hours ago, DJB said:

Is Beasley requesting a trade to Washington or Indy now because they have the lowest vaccination rate? 🤔

I know you kid but the guy played through a painful injury in the playoffs for us last year.  Nobody on the team can replicate his skill set in the slot as he's a master at finding soft spots in zones.  It's definitely a concern as I don't want to see this offense take a step backwards.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wish they would just publish the numbers. I think we're all curious (the pro or against) about the numbers. They did reveal some, why not all? Especially if it is going to affect what and how you do things at practice and in the buildings, and travel and such once the season starts. Those numbers will make a competitive difference--I got to think the professional gambling industry (odds makers, pro. gamblers, Vegas, etc.) will need to know. It seems like they have to release all at some point?

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I know you kid but the guy played through a painful injury in the playoffs for us last year.  Nobody on the team can replicate his skill set in the slot as he's a master at finding soft spots in zones.  It's definitely a concern as I don't want to see this offense take a step backwards.

I don’t think he’s gonna request a trade. Maybe he was in his feelings a little too much or maybe he really does want to get out if the crazy restrictions continue. 

Reality is that COVID is here to stay. Sports leagues have to figure out how to deal with that. The MLB showed us just the other night that they’re still trying to figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

I don’t think he’s gonna request a trade. Maybe he was in his feelings a little too much or maybe he really does want to get out if the crazy restrictions continue. 

Reality is that COVID is here to stay. Sports leagues have to figure out how to deal with that. The MLB showed us just the other night that they’re still trying to figure it out. 

And golf has had multiple and even now an Olympic athlete is going to miss out on his dream with a positive test - other sports continue to struggle.

I think once again the NFL is doing just about as good as they can with what we know.  Many teams above 75% with some teams above 85% and the league at 73% - that is better than the National rates - great job.  

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

And golf has had multiple and even now an Olympic athlete is going to miss out on his dream with a positive test - other sports continue to struggle.

I think once again the NFL is doing just about as good as they can with what we know.  Many teams above 75% with some teams above 85% and the league at 73% - that is better than the National rates - great job.  

I’m pleased (and relieved) to hear the Bills are not at the bottom of this list, but I’m not surprised.  You know the messaging from McD and Beane has been respectful but consistent.  I would love to have been a fly on the wall when McD or Beane spoke with Beasley.

I’d be shocked if Josh hasn’t been vaccinated by now.  That dude wants to win more than anything and he’s smart enough to know that a Covid outbreak could derail their season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I’m pleased (and relieved) to hear the Bills are not at the bottom of this list, but I’m not surprised.  You know the messaging from McD and Beane has been respectful but consistent.  I would love to have been a fly on the wall when McD or Beane spoke with Beasley.

I’d be shocked if Josh hasn’t been vaccinated by now.  That dude wants to win more than anything and he’s smart enough to know that a Covid outbreak could derail their season.

Agreed…and that’s all I’m saying in this thread. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

The Yankees just had to cancel a game due to an outbreak and they’re 85%+ vaccinated. Still no guarantees. Frankly with those kinds of numbers I’m surprised they’re still testing. 

• Like (+1) 1

You know that anyone not a lock starter is already vacc.  They aren’t stupid and know whether advertised or not will cut depth guys.

Only the 22 are really going to make that choice.  I agree Allen probably just did it by now, but doesn’t want to publicly come out against Beasely or anyone else.  I think that is smart in threading the needle between players, the team, and the public.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Didn’t the yankee Red Sox game get canceled because a few vaccinated players still contacted COVID