Brady plays all of 2020 with Unreported MCL Injury

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

With no change in outcome for players, the team or opponents.  

You don’t know that.

“Gee Officer, I know I shouldn’t drink and drive but I made it home so No harm, No Foul?”

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

You don’t know that.

“Gee Officer, I know I shouldn’t drink and drive but I made it home so No harm, No Foul?”

comparing a rule at detriment to player safety but helping fans bet to drunk driving is a bit much 

“wide receiver announced in his final media session of the season that he broke his fibula during Buffalo's Week 16 game against the Patriots. Beasley  "It was bad the first game I played, but after that you take a few meds and suck it up."

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Hyperbolic yes. Off base, no.

hyperbolic to the point of being Counterproductive. 

I can’t speak to what base you think you are standing on but I don’t recall bases being way out in left field. It’s going to be difficult to score from way out there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

You don’t know that.

this makes absolutely no sense.  

the guy wasn’t injured enough to not get his team to the SB snd win it.  If Tampa Bay listed Brady every week as “questionable/knee” because of an MCL tear, it would have made no difference  to anyone.  

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

hyperbolic to the point of being Counterproductive. 

I can’t speak to what base you think you are standing on but I don’t recall bases being way out in left field. It’s going to be difficult to score from way out there. 

So, eff the rules?

Because you suddenly have TB’s back because in following the rules he might get hurt?

Because, suddenly rules that have been in place for decades don’t matter in this instance because???

It’s a rule. It’s been a rule. This upcoming season it will still be a rule. 
I didn’t make the rule. I simply pointed out that not following any rule , for whatever reason, and getting caught after the fact is Still Breaking the Rule.

Actions have consequences. Brady and Tampa should suffer the consequences for breaking the rule.

Players get fined for not wearing the right socks. That’s a BS rule. But it is a rule. Doesn’t effect the game or Vegas. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

this makes absolutely no sense.  

the guy wasn’t injured enough to not get his team to the SB snd win it.  If Tampa Bay listed Brady every week as “questionable/knee” because of an MCL tear, it would have made no difference  to anyone.  

Might have made a difference to the teams who didn’t have to play Brady if someone targeted him.

Not fair? Dirty play? Or real life in the

NFL?

On 7/16/2021 at 4:19 PM, LeGOATski said:

There's a rule against this? I'm honestly curious.

I'm pretty sure the Bills downplayed some injuries, too. This happens every year.

The Personnel (Injury) Report Policy has been a cornerstone of public confidence in the NFL for many decades. The credibility of the NFL, teams, owners and team personnel requires full compliance with and uniform enforcement of the policy. The intent is to provide full and complete information on player availability. It is NFL policy that information for dissemination to the public on all injured players be reported in a satisfactory manner by clubs to the league office, the opposing team, local and national media, and broadcast partners each game week of the regular season and postseason (including for the two Super Bowl teams between the Championship Games and Super Bowl). The information must be credible, accurate, timely, and specific within the guidelines of the policy, which is of paramount importance in maintaining the integrity of the game. A violation of the policy may result in Commissioner discipline, which may include a fine on the involved club, fines or suspensions of involved individuals, as well as the possible forfeiture of draft choices by the involved club. Each Public Relations Director is responsible for ensuring that all required injury and practice/game participation information is reported to the NFL Communications Department, and issued to the opposing team, local and national media, broadcast partners, etc., via the NFL Intranet site as provided hereinbelow. The Personnel (Injury) Report Policy is comprised of three sections: 1) Practice Report 2) Game Status Report 3) In-Game Injury Report

as its written in full

45 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

So, eff the rules?

Because you suddenly have TB’s back because in following the rules he might get hurt?

Because, suddenly rules that have been in place for decades don’t matter in this instance because???

I didn’t make the rule. I simply pointed out that not following any rule , for whatever reason, and getting caught after the fact is Still Breaking the Rule.

Actions have consequences. Brady and Tampa should suffer the consequences for breaking the rule.

Players get fined for not wearing the right socks. That’s a BS rule. But it is a rule. Doesn’t effect the game or Vegas. 

Might have made a difference to the teams who didn’t have to play Brady if someone targeted him.

NFL?

Every QB is a target in every game.  Any D player had ample opportunity to “target” him, his knee, or whatever you are imagining would have been different.

Tampa may be liable for a fine.  Players aren’t.  You seem stuck on that….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

So, eff the rules?

NFL?

and the team will get fined because that’s the rule. 

again, this is going 59 in a 55. It’s boring. It’s low impact. Everybody does it. He’s not getting jail time. He wasn’t even the guy driving the car in your analogy as it’s a rule for the team to report it, not the player. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Ya know... I'm gonna give credit where it's due. Ol' Tommy Boy and Papa Bill are the GOATs of their respective occupations.

That said, their legacy is always going to have a little black eye to it. Because if you ask me, the Pats and Brady either flat out broke the rules or constantly pushed the envelope as far as they could in their endless quest to find a winning edge. From Spygate to Deflategate to Brady's defending of that walking hemorrhoid called Antonio Brown and to Belechick's and now Araians' refusal to disclose the injuries. Throw that on top of all the BS calls he's had go his way every year since his first SB win and yeah, it was neat to see history be made but also I hated all of it because again, the dude skirts the rules on a regular basis and then gets all the friggin' calls in the world to go his way. 

I hope a decade after he's retired it comes out that he was on a Lance Armstrong level of cheating and they have to strip all of his titles. And take his testicles just for good measure. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not necessarily.  Players are cagy about injuries and hate to report them because injuries are part of the other team's scouting report and defenders hone in on them.

I'm not a believer that any D player would lay off of a QB because he thinks he may NOT be injured in some way or another.  Nor would they be more likely to T off on a guy because they think he is.  Their goal always is to hit the QB as hard as possible.

Forget the fact that Brady gave no indication this was a real injury in the way he plays.  And the team withheld the info, not the player.  Brady made it clear to the Bucs he was dealing with a knee injury last Spring/Summer.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tom-brady-injury-problem-nfl-buccaneers/14jruk6yj08971uczrir1tpx7v

Edited by Mr. WEO

Disclosing a lower body injury is actually a big deal because it directly relates to mobility.  If a CB has a hamstring issue?  I think the relevance is obvious.  If its a RB, then you game plan to plug up the middle and make him bounce it outside and test that leg/knee.  In the case of Brady, teams would try to push him outside the pocket or just get him off his spot.  Whether they can do it effectively is another thing, but with that knowledge someone would have tried.  

Seems to me this was obvious rule breaking.  

• Thank you (+1) 2