Brady plays all of 2020 with Unreported MCL Injury

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not a believer that any D player would lay off of a QB because he thinks he may NOT be injured in some way or another.  Nor would they be more likely to T off on a guy because they think he is.  Their goal always is to hit the QB as hard as possible.

Forget the fact that Brady gave no indication this was a real injury in the way he plays.  And the team withheld the info, not the player.  Brady made it clear to the Bucs he was dealing with a knee injury last Spring/Summer.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tom-brady-injury-problem-nfl-buccaneers/14jruk6yj08971uczrir1tpx7v

though if you know he has either broken

ribs or a bum knee do you think that linebacker may go a little higher or lower? Or that DT getting up off the pile may shift his weight differently?

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

though if you know he has either broken

ribs or a bum knee do you think that linebacker may go a little higher or lower? Or that DT getting up off the pile may shift his weight differently?

I really don't believe they have that type of precision in their decision making in the moment.  If they have a clean shot, they are going to lay as big a hit as possible, whether they think the guy is injured or not--they WANT to get the starter out under any circumstance 

There often isn't a large pile on top of a QB from which an LB or DE may choose to extricate himself this way or that.  If he is inclined to be "giving the him the business", he's going to do it whether he thinks the QB has a bum knee or not.  I doubt there a lot of guys right now thinking: "man, if I had known this, I would have taken a cheap shot and ended his season".  They had plenty of opportunity:  he was 8th in QB hits taken

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I really don't believe they have that type of precision in their decision making in the moment.  If they have a clean shot, they are going to lay as big a hit as possible, whether they think the guy is injured or not--they WANT to get the starter out under any circumstance 

There often isn't a large pile on top of a QB from which an LB or DE may choose to extricate himself this way or that.  If he is inclined to be "giving the him the business", he's going to do it whether he thinks the QB has a bum knee or not.  I doubt there a lot of guys right now thinking: "man, if I had known this, I would have taken a cheap shot and ended his season".  They had plenty of opportunity:  he was 8th in QB hits taken

the proverbial pile being more often a running back or lineman for instance, in discussing the rule on a wider level. 

and I suspect there’s a bit more ability to think about it than you are giving credit for. I don’t think every hit is measured and thought out but I do think plenty would know “diggs has broken ribs- im going to take a shot at them.” No doubt in my mind that every safety and corner would have that memo 

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

the proverbial pile being more often a running back or lineman for instance, in discussing the rule on a wider level. 

and I suspect there’s a bit more ability to think about it than you are giving credit for. I don’t think every hit is measured and thought out but I do think plenty would know “diggs has broken ribs- im going to take a shot at them.” No doubt in my mind that every safety and corner would have that memo 

I suppose, but I was thinking more along the lines of, for instance, Diggs is taking a lot of hits in the torso already--as hard as they can hit him.  

14 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I can’t bring myself to click on that. 

I thought I would not hate him once he left the cheaters. I thought my hate was tied to the helmet. 

nope.

I mean, ok… maybe you aren’t the best player your sport has ever seen though, Marcia. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought I would not hate him once he left the cheaters. I thought my hate was tied to the helmet. 

nope.

I mean, ok… maybe you aren’t the best player your sport has ever seen though, Marcia. 

I can't believe this guys head still fits inside a helmet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Should be suspended for first 4 games!

left off the injury report for that long. Something has to happen. Rules are rules. 

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

🤮🤮🤮

I’m with you…. I hate the removable top. Like it’s a toddler toy. To me, less is more, keep it clean and classy. Leave the gimmicks off.

Regardless if its Brady or any other player...I never really saw the significance of this or why its even an issue.  The only way I can see how it could be a problem is if a team was misleading the public to confuse who the other team would face.  

But Brady missed no time, and played through something that was relatively minor and not in danger of impacting his play.

My personal opinion is that teams should NOT have to disclose this info, because after "Bounty Gate" it seems to add an unnecessary level of risk to players to disclose something minor thats not going to affect their availability and create a target for opposing defenses to focus on.  Doesn't mean a coach was literally going to put a bounty on the player, but the players themselves just knowing a key player of an opponent has a minor injury that could be further aggravated in game could tempt them to target that area.

So for me...regardless this is Brady, this whole thing is really a non story and a silly rule in the first place given it has literally no impact on the game being played outside potentially putting the players safety further at risk.

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 7/23/2021 at 12:30 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Regardless if its Brady or any other player...I never really saw the significance of this or why its even an issue.  The only way I can see how it could be a problem is if a team was misleading the public to confuse who the other team would face.  

But Brady missed no time, and played through something that was relatively minor and not in danger of impacting his play.

My personal opinion is that teams should NOT have to disclose this info, because after "Bounty Gate" it seems to add an unnecessary level of risk to players to disclose something minor thats not going to affect their availability and create a target for opposing defenses to focus on.  Doesn't mean a coach was literally going to put a bounty on the player, but the players themselves just knowing a key player of an opponent has a minor injury that could be further aggravated in game could tempt them to target that area.

So for me...regardless this is Brady, this whole thing is really a non story and a silly rule in the first place given it has literally no impact on the game being played outside potentially putting the players safety further at risk.

Perfectly said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/19/2021 at 9:52 PM, Mr. WEO said:

which part?

If you have to ask which part of you is the dick....How old are you? 

PS 😁

On 7/23/2021 at 11:30 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Look, one can debate whether something is a good rule or a bad rule

But if it's a rule, shouldn't everyone follow it? 

Not a favor of "bad rules were made to be broken". 

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you have to ask which part of you is the dick....How old are you? 

PS 😁

Look, one can debate whether something is a good rule or a bad rule

But if it's a rule, shouldn't everyone follow it? 

Not a favor of "bad rules were made to be broken". 

Oh, then I'm a HUGE dick!