Brady plays all of 2020 with Unreported MCL Injury

Didn’t read all the links but a partial tear does not, necessarily, present as something serious. My ACL and MCL in my right knee are both partially torn but I can get by. With a brace, I would not be limited. Don’t know if he wore one this year. 

While I wholeheartedly agree he has willingly cheated countless times, he gets a pass from me this time until more information comes out…if it ever does. Not that the NFL is complicit: that would NEVER happen! 😃 

• Vomit 1

Fargin Bastages

Im going to get that icehole.

(Young guys, find Johnny Dangerously if you want a good laugh)

They talked about this on NFLR and if Brady never told the trainers, but just wore the brace, there is nothing to fine.  If he did tell the trainers, and they treated him, then the fine would apply.  It’s that simple.  The fine though would be to the Bucs, not to Brady.  

Think about it, if Brady didn’t tell anyone his knee bothered him (players do that all the time to protect their position), then how are the Bucs supposed to know.  The guy is 43 so seeing him in a brace is not shocking.

16 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Yes there should be a fine, but agree there won't be.

Possibly, but there is a big precedent for giving out fines:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-tom-bradys-big-injury-from-2020-could-lead-to-a-major-nfl-punishment-for-the-buccaneers/

"Why Tom Brady's big injury from 2020 could lead to a major NFL punishment for the Buccaneers" 

Excerpt:

"The NFL has proven it will punish teams that hide injuries, especially in high profile situations. After hiding a Brett Favre injury during the 2008 season, the Jets were hit with a $125,000 fine. 

In a more recent situation, the Steelers were fined $100,000 in 2019 -- $75,000 for the team and $25,000 for Mike Tomlin -- for not accurately listing Ben Roethlisberger on their Week 2 injury report."

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

Possibly, but there is a big precedent for giving out fines:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-tom-bradys-big-injury-from-2020-could-lead-to-a-major-nfl-punishment-for-the-buccaneers/

"Why Tom Brady's big injury from 2020 could lead to a major NFL punishment for the Buccaneers" 

Excerpt:

"The NFL has proven it will punish teams that hide injuries, especially in high profile situations. After hiding a Brett Favre injury during the 2008 season, the Jets were hit with a $125,000 fine. 

In a more recent situation, the Steelers were fined $100,000 in 2019 -- $75,000 for the team and $25,000 for Mike Tomlin -- for not accurately listing Ben Roethlisberger on their Week 2 injury report."

I don’t disagree, but they have to prove it have records he informed the team.  If not, they can’t do anything.  It’s not like Brady is so forthright.  Remember the phone issue with deflate gate.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but really who cares about this. 

Playing injured and telling no one isn't really an advantage,  possibly to the effect people won't try to go after injured body parts I guess.

NFL should punish equally, that I agree on, but that's not the player or teams fault they don't do their job properly. 

But hey if they force Brady into retirement over it I won't lose any sleep. 🤣

32 teams do this

the big punishment will be a fine and not some suspension or loss of picks

If forced to bet I think joshs non throwing shoulder was not 100% and I don’t blame anyone for leaving it off the reports if true. Being forced to disclose key players have vulnerable spots to target has never been a rule I love.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but really who cares about this. 

Playing injured and telling no one isn't really an advantage,  possibly to the effect people won't try to go after injured body parts I guess.

NFL should punish equally, that I agree on, but that's not the player or teams fault they don't do their job properly. 

But hey if they force Brady into retirement over it I won't lose any sleep. 🤣

Brady is not going to be the one punished.  That’s not in question.  Only if he disclosed would the coach and team be punished, not the player.  The player is not obligated to disclose as he can easily say he’s fine or an excuse Like a little arthritis in the knee.  They can’t  subpoena his medical records regarding Hippa if done by a private HCP.

the only thing in question is if he disclosed and then the team is responsible, not him.

• Buffalo Boy changed the title to Brady plays all of 2020 with Unreported MCL Injury
2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Didn’t the Bills have one of these with Hughes in the past two years?

Yep.

And the league investigated it.

Brady isn’t Hughes and JH isn’t associated with multiple cheating for competitive edge scandal.

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t really care. I’m sure we do this too. 

I can’t even muster the hate for Brady anymore, now that he’s gone from the Pats.  

He’s the GOAT and terrorized my entire adult life until recently.  

We finally have our guy, with the pieces around him…. Brady can do whatever he wants, for however long he wants - whatever - and I’ll look forward to dominating the Bucs when we get the chance. 

Edited by SCBills

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Fargin Bastages

Im going to get that icehole.

(Young guys, find Johnny Dangerously if you want a good laugh)

They talked about this on NFLR and if Brady never told the trainers, but just wore the brace, there is nothing to fine.  If he did tell the trainers, and they treated him, then the fine would apply.  It’s that simple.  The fine though would be to the Bucs, not to Brady.  

Think about it, if Brady didn’t tell anyone his knee bothered him (players do that all the time to protect their position), then how are the Bucs supposed to know.  The guy is 43 so seeing him in a brace is not shocking.

Classic movie!

• Haha (+1) 1