Brady plays all of 2020 with Unreported MCL Injury

And, yet again Tommy Terrific flaunts the NFL injury reporting requirements for the whole season. 
    Clearly, the Bucs should pay a stiff penalty for this but my guess is it will be a slap on the wrist.
     Brady got his Lombardy. The NFL got their ratings and story line. “Nothing to see here.”

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEDnBRq5T6ttAyxmL0S7R1xUqFggEKg4IACoGCAow5tYTMODEAjCyugQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

There's a rule against this? I'm honestly curious.

I'm pretty sure the Bills downplayed some injuries, too. This happens every year.

From the league's handbook: 

"All players who have reportable injuries must be listed on the practice report, even if the player takes all the reps in practice, and even if the team is certain that he will play in the upcoming game. This is especially true of key players."

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Brady probably gets a lot of leeway, because he is Brady, so id imagine (I really have no idea) he brought his own professionals for any treatment he needed.

Do we even know if the staff of Tampa could have been left out of the loop?

My guess is I highly doubt that but if so, that would look even worse. Brady himself would have to face discipline.

10 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Brady probably gets a lot of leeway, because he is Brady, so id imagine (I really have no idea) he brought his own professionals for any treatment he needed.

Not likely, this is just more of the honest and down to earth pillar of society, playing by the established rules of sportsmanship and fair play..,,

or not…, 

it’s been about 4 ish years give or take since the last time he was caught in violation of the rules, this just keeps up his average over the last two plus decades of being caught, but hey, it’s Brady, it’s okay when he does it…, 

It’s almost like the entire league is some sort of money making operation, and doesn’t really care about evenly enforcing rules so long as the superstars keep that cash cow full of milk 🤔 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

There's a rule against this? I'm honestly curious.

I'm pretty sure the Bills downplayed some injuries, too. This happens every year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-tom-bradys-big-injury-from-2020-could-lead-to-a-major-nfl-punishment-for-the-buccaneers/

You don't have to report the specifics of what the injury is. 

For example, "knee" would cover both a grade 1 sprain or Cole Beasley's broken bone near the knee.

But it's supposed to be reported:

"All players who have reportable injuries must be listed on the practice report, even if the player takes all the reps in practice, and even if the team is certain that he will play in the upcoming game. This is especially true of key players."

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

I believe there is language in the contracts requiring the player to report injuries to the team and have them examined by the team trainer/physician, even if he exercises his right under the CBA to seek an independent evaluation and treatment.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I feel like he's always on the injury report

That was in NE

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Brady cheats? I’m shocked SHOCKED, I TELL YA!

Its not likely Brady is responsible for publishing the injury reports. If he told the team, its out of his hands. 

• Vomit 2