Who is your one Bills player to have breakout season this year?

18 hours ago, thurst44 said:

I cannot narrow it down to one player and that has a lot to do with why I'm so excited about this team--they were 13-3 yet have a bevy of players who could take a huge jump forward (my list in order of):

Ed Oliver

Dawson Knox

Tremaine Edmunds (from marginal Pro Bowler to potential DPoY)

AJ Epenesa

Gabriel Davis

Dane Jackson

Cody Ford

Devin Singletary and/or Zach Moss 

There are even players on the bubble like Efe Obada and Justin Zimmer who harbor the potential to make a jump.

I'm giddy for this season!

I was making a similar list, my top two are Oliver and Knox from within and Obada from without.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills do have a lot of young talent at almost every position, so it’s anybody’s guess at who will break out.

All I know is that Allen carried this team on his back at times last year. 

Some players are going to have to emerge if the Bills are to grab that brass ring.

EP-EN-ES-A!!!

I was living in southern Minnesota during his entire college career, and every Iowa game was front and center on our tube every week. And as I watched him on the field and on the sidelines, I kept saying to myself, "Man, that guy would make the perfect Bill!" So I was thrilled that he dropped to #54 last April, and Beane and Co. agreed with me.

I give a pass to any rookie who struggled out of the gate last year, with no prep for the season. AJ was turning things around by the last half of the season, and that will continue this year.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:06 AM, Reader said:

Edmunds! Hopefully!

I think it's funny you hope someone who's made the Pro Bowl the last 2 seasons has a breakout year, but I get it.

I'd say if someone is to breakout it has to be someone who has yet to meet expectations. A high pick you thought would have immediate impact but hasn't delivered. 

Gabe Davis was a pleasant surprise as a 4th rounder. Motor and Moss are what you'd kinda expect from mid rounders. Flash here and there but nothing jaw dropping. Knox was a raw prospect not known as a receiving threat.

To me it has to be Oliver. Consensus Top 5 pick by many going into the draft with tremendous talent who has yet to play to expectations and potential overall. With Star back I  expect him to really be a difference maker.

22 hours ago, DJB said:

I'll go with Lee Smith

That was last year when he finally had more catches than drops in Bills uni ;)

Besides I think he retired after his career year.......best to go out on a high  ;)

My pick is Zackary Moss the Buffalo Bills new star RB and the man with the most touches at RB in 2021 :)

1500 yards rushing   12TD's 500 yds receiving plus 3 rec. TD's first of many Pro Bowls 

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 1

I see it either being Davis or Sanders. I lean towards Emmanual Sanders. He won't have a career year but he will have a breakout year compared to his last couple of seasons. I see him going over 1000 yards. 

We desperately need any one of our day one and day two D-lineman to have a breakout year. 

On 7/16/2021 at 1:33 AM, Bubba Gump said:

I did a quick search on this and didn't see anything similar. But if there is a thread on this topic I'm sure the great mods will merge this. 

My vote goes to Gabriel Davis. I think with his hands and athleticism, and the fact opposing teams have to worry about Diggs, Sanders and Beasley.....Davis will be able to run wild. He's already shown he has the best toe drag swag in the league. He can only get better. He is a beast who works his ass off and wants to be the best. I love this kid.

I think the Bills hit a homerun with this dude and he will become one of the best possession guys in the league. 

Its crazy that if it wasn't for a couple penalties and a big TD drop Davis would've had 600 + yards & 10 tds on just 40 catches 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/16/2021 at 1:33 AM, Bubba Gump said:

I did a quick search on this and didn't see anything similar. But if there is a thread on this topic I'm sure the great mods will merge this. 

My vote goes to Gabriel Davis. I think with his hands and athleticism, and the fact opposing teams have to worry about Diggs, Sanders and Beasley.....Davis will be able to run wild. He's already shown he has the best toe drag swag in the league. He can only get better. He is a beast who works his ass off and wants to be the best. I love this kid.

I think the Bills hit a homerun with this dude and he will become one of the best possession guys in the league. 

One thing I liked about Davis is his feet. For such a big guy he really has some nimble feet. Even in tight windows, whether on the sidelines or in the back of the end zone, he always gets both feet down. I see him as a reliable #2. Maybe a 65-70 catch kind of guy, will probably get 1,000yds a few times in his career. Definitely an awesome red zone target. So long as he uses his body to shield away defenders, I think he will be a trustworthy target for Allen. I’m not going to get too carried away with it though.

• 2 weeks later...