Dwayne Haskins.......toof knocked out by wife in Vegas altercation

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

What a thread 🤦🏼‍♂️

We’ve got a jealous shot at Yolo and mocking a victim of DV. 

Terrible stuff. 

I'm with you. I didn't even want to post in this thread but wanted to support your take. Horrendous thread from the get-go. Exposes some of the worst in some posters.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Paging Dr. @teef, paging Dr. @teef

@teef is indisposed...he was taking liberties with the Nitrous again. His sidekick Sherlock DDS at your service:death:

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't *think* defensive ends are allowed to punch the QB in the mouth, and I'm pretty sure the QB is allowed to stiff-arm or lower a shoulder into them

Ooooh Truth hurts

It's really a lose-lose situation for Haskins here, isn't it? 

If he hits back, he's committing DV and "A Real Man never, ever hits a woman". 

If he can't contain her and gets clocked, he's a wuss getting "sacked" by her.

Nah, self-defense🧐

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

I'm with you. I didn't even want to post in this thread but wanted to support your take. Horrendous thread from the get-go. Exposes some of the worst in some posters.

You forgot the horrendous hot take from @YoloinOhio... "Dwayne Hasbeen>>>Josh Allen", ouchie:lol:

• Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

@teef is indisposed...he was taking liberties with the Nitrous again. His sidekick Sherlock DDS at your service:death:

Teef in the county lockup again? 😆

Sherlock, do you do "grillz" on the down low?? 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Division I basketball player (Michigan state) with a giant ring on her hand 

I guess because DV jokes are hilarious? 🙄

I will not say anything about the violence because it is terrible in every situation and no one deserves to be ridiculed in a DV situation.  Just a sad and tragic situation.

What I will ask is what the heck is a former Ohio State player doing with a Michigan State girl - that is some Romeo v. Juliet stuff there.  There is a natural and powerful hatred between those 2 schools - although Michigan is probably even worse than M State, but still.

I feel bad for Dwayne because he has done nothing wrong and we don’t even know a small part of the story and he is getting killed for absolutely no reason - sad state of affairs and nearly as bad as some comments in the Mingo thread.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

What an excuse to take a shot at Yolo.  Haskins doesn’t realize he’s washed up yet.

Bottom line for me is just another goof on Ohio State QBs. I look at Yolo as collateral damage. It happens.

9 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I feel bad for Dwayne because he has done nothing wrong and we don’t even know a small part of the story and he is getting killed for absolutely no reason - sad state of affairs and nearly as bad as some comments in the Mingo thread.

On the one hand, I agree with you completely - we don't know the story, and according to the charges he's the victim here, he's done nothing wrong.

On the other hand, we all know that the amount of "distraction" and Drama a team will tolerate is linked to the player's expected on-field contributions.  Shady McCoy after 1000+ yd season: High.  Backup-quality QB fighting for a roster spot: Low.  So from that perspective, what Haskins has done wrong is to get involved in a Drama-prone situation where "bad things happen": excessive drinking, domestic arguments, etc.  I think that was the message Big Ben got: look, you may or may not have done anything legally wrong, you don't have charges against you, but you're putting yourself in situations that draw Drama, and it needs to stop.

On the third hand there's this:

In a separate interview, Gondrezick-Haskins told investigators she tried to stop a fight between Dwayne Haskins and one of his friends earlier in the evening. She said she had fallen to the floor during that altercation and hit the back of her head, telling police she had head and neck pain, as well as bruises on her legs. Police noted that she "could not remember who, if anyone had battered her."

That's a song I'm sure those officers have heard before on a "domestic" call - someone who shows physical signs of abuse shifts the blame or "can't remember"

The report says she told police she was not sure what happened to Dwayne Haskins but suggested he got into a fight with his friend. Officers told her she was accused of punching Dwayne Haskins and the report says she asked if he was the one accusing her. It goes on to say she told investigators he could not be arrested "because of his occupation."

That's another song those officers have heard before - someone who shows physical signs of abuse holds back from testimony that could lead to charges because they don't want to damage the livelihood of the person who may have committed the abuse (or initially testifies, then recants)

I'm not saying that Haskins did anything wrong, I'm just saying there are a few clues that he may have had a physical part in a physical altercation and there may have been a reason his wife/fiance took a swing at him (if she did)

Two friends of Gondrezick-Haskins were interviewed by police as well. The report says they both heard the couple arguing. One friend said they saw the couple "tussling," which is described as mutual shoving and pushing in the report.

So there's that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rico said:

Bottom line for me is just another goof on Ohio State QBs. I look at Yolo as collateral damage. It happens.

And in fairness........the collateral one in this exercise openly complained on TSW that Haskins was better than Allen.......when Haskins was still in college.

No big deal,   some people still don't like Josh Allen.   To each their own.

The OP was tryna' draw some relevance to the Bills within the topic.    Some wanted to ditch Josh and get them a Haskins.  Bullet dodged!    

Really strange how the ace linker managed to TOTALLY miss THIS story about his one time favorite superstar college QB though.🤔

Reading some related takes and who was on board.......perhaps he missed an opportunity to spawn a "Haskins Heroes" task force on DV and perhaps become a key component of a "Her Too!" movement.    

Anywhoo........gotta' love all the people of varying authority making dv jokes and then tryna pile on our humble narrator.   SMH, as they say.

That OP made some great points........what's the problem?    Not as much Josh Allen love on this board as their should be.........he's been good,  no?:beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:38 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

This dude doesn't understand how to keep himself out of sitches that make him look like he's not worth a team's effort.

Wasn't that long ago that @YoloinOhio was lamenting that the Bills ended up with "Just-Josh" Allen when Haskins was going to be available in the next draft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/15/reports-dwayne-haskins-injured-in-domestic-violence-incident-by-wife/

Would it be too much effort to post original instead of profootball clickbait article?

Steelers QB Haskins loses a tooth; wife arrested after dispute at The Cosmopolitan

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/steelers-qb-haskins-loses-a-tooth-wife-arrested-after-dispute-at-the-cosmopolitan/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=socialflow

That subject is much clearer by the way.

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And in fairness........the collateral one in this exercise openly complained on TSW that Haskins was better than Allen.......when Haskins was still in college.

No big deal,   some people still don't like Josh Allen.   To each their own.

The OP was tryna' draw some relevance to the Bills within the topic.    Some wanted to ditch Josh and get them a Haskins.  Bullet dodged!    

Really strange how the ace linker managed to TOTALLY miss THIS story about his one time favorite superstar college QB though.🤔

Reading some related takes and who was on board.......perhaps he missed an opportunity to spawn a "Haskins Heroes" task force on DV and perhaps become a key component of a "Her Too!" movement.    

Anywhoo........gotta' love all the people of varying authority making dv jokes and then tryna pile on our humble narrator.   SMH, as they say.

That OP made some great points........what's the problem?    Not as much Josh Allen love on this board as their should be.........he's been good,  no?:beer:

You know, whenever I see people outraged & bent out of shape in here over other people’s takes, all I can say is ‘Welcome To The Internet’. :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:50 PM, offyourocker said:

this events really show how important it is to check people's character just as much as talent.

What has this incident to do with HIS character? HE was the victim of domestic abuse and she really wailed on him! He probably didn’t even try to defend himself.  While I don’t think he is a good QB this here is horrible and I hope he can remove himself from the situation before he ends up dead.