Diggs #3 overall WR entering 2021 according to ESPN

10 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

And to add, the TRADE was not Diggs for Jefferson like they make it sound.   It was Diggs for pick #22 or whatever it was, and by the grace of God Philly picked Jalen Reagor at 21.  
It’s a bit revisionist for MN to look back and say “Oh, that’s ok we can just plug Jefferson in for Diggs, let’s make the trade. “

This is exactly right.  The Bills didn't trade Jefferson for Diggs.  Vikings got extremely lucky that Eagles passed on Jefferson.  It turns out trade worked out well for both teams.  If they had to do it over again, even knowing Jefferson would be there, the Bills would do this trade every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

We’ll, being that he lead the league in receptions and yards you do have a valid point…, evidently that doesn’t hold much water to some pundits out there…

Go Bills!!!

It is important.  But those are just two stats.  Very important stats but not the only ones.  Adams scored 18 TDs compared to Diggs 8 scores.  Adams played 14 games compared to Diggs 16, which resulted in Adams having more yards and catches per game than Diggs.   

Diggs, Hopkins, and Adams are all superstars.  I think a legit argument can be made for any of the three as top WR in the league.  

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It is important.  But those are just two stats.  Very important stats but not the only ones.  Adams scored 18 TDs compared to Diggs 8 scores.  Adams played 14 games compared to Diggs 16, which resulted in Adams having more yards and catches per game than Diggs.   

Diggs, Hopkins, and Adams are all superstars.  I think a legit argument can be made for any of the three as top WR in the league.  

I hear ya, and understand your point,  But, I’m not interested in other teams or players getting accolades, 😁 I’m old school, all opposing teams and players are the enemy, regardless of how well they perform on the field, or what a nice human being they are. I don’t wish harm on any of them, well maybe one, and I won’t mention his name 😂

admittedly this is a character flaw on my behalf…

Go Bills!!! 

Edited by Don Otreply

6 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Davante should be #1, but bias aside, id take Diggs over Hopkins.  Something I wouldnt have said before last year.  Although this looks like a fantasy ranking, if it is i do agree, just cause ARZ has less weapons than we do

I'm taking Hopkins over everybody.

2. Diggs

3. Adams

4. Hill

5. Metcalf

6. Robinson

7. Jefferson

8. Ridley

9. McLaurin

10. AJ Brown

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

That's weak... 

More like 3 positive returns on the Diggs trade, or 3 things that worked out well enough for the Vikings, but 3 reasons they "won" the trade?

Clearing up cap space doesn't mean you beat out the Bills in the trade... Getting a solid replacement WR doesn't mean you beat the production the Bills got out of Diggs, getting rid of someone who doesn't want to be there doesn't mean the Bills lost the trade by getting someone who DOES want to be in Buffalo...

Got a remember the Vikings are losing organization they need to write these kinds of pieces to give them weight It’s a fluff piece

Meanwhile the bills and digs are on to bigger things like winning the Super Bowl

Devante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins are great, no doubt about it, but Diggs is exactly the kind of WR a guy like Allen needs. They match each other’s skill set perfectly. Diggs is very good at these quick last minute pivots and hitches to break free and Allen has the velocity to just rifle it in there. It’s almost not fair. They really are perfect for each other. Barring a catastrophic injury to either one of them, I could see both of them ending up in the HOF. I don’t think it’s just Allen who makes Diggs great or Diggs who makes Allen great, they are both elite talents who make each other great. Both are top 5 talents in their own regards.

• Like (+1) 1

All I'm saying is that 27 is super old in the NFL. That alone should take him out of the top 25. His salary should be cut. It would make him more valuable to the team. Seriously what does the guy do other than have a bunch of production? Nothing.

Go Bills

Diggs kind of reminds me so much of Reggie Wayne, my favorite non-Bills player growing up. Just an absolute supreme route runner and the great thing is that particular skill is the slowest to erode w/ age. I can see Diggs being great until his mid-30’s. And like Allen, he plays so much faster than any of his combine stats and 40 yard dash. What an absolute steal of a trade. Knowing what I know, I would give 2 firsts for him if I had to. 

• Agree 1

I think #3 is fair, although you could argue for anything in the region of probably 1-4.

I would not consider Davante Adams the #1 receiver in the league, personally. I feel like he's been a tad overrated for years because Rodgers, and that he's hovering more around the 3-5 region. Hopkins should be #1. And then maybe Diggs. Julio Jones still exists and is a legendary freak. Mike Evans always goes underrated and yet he may set multiple records if he keeps his pace up. It's tough after Hopkins, but I definitely wouldn't call Adams the clear choice above all of them.

On 7/14/2021 at 10:32 PM, Shaw66 said:

His standards of practice and play and his overall talent lifted the entire offense.   That's huge praise for Diggs.   

Think about that.  How many players, other than quarterbacks, can you say that about?    JJ Watt, maybe.  Who else?   They're saying he combines talent and work ethic at the highest levels, and he makes everyone else better.  Some have said, and it's probably true, that some, maybe a big piece, of Allen's success last season was attributable to Diggs.  Allen had a receiver he always could count on, who always ran the route and always caught the ball.  That's a great luxury for a young QB.  

TBH I think they are just contorting themselves into strange positions in order to not have to give Allen any credit;)

On 7/15/2021 at 12:48 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

I instantly felt less intelligent for reading that.  I think Jefferson was an excellent pick and looks to be an NFL star, but Vikings fans’ insistence on continuing the “locker room cancer” narrative with respect to Diggs is silly.  Good luck getting to that Super Bowl with Kirk Cousins as your guy.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:21 PM, LeGOATski said:

I'm taking Hopkins over everybody.

2. Diggs

3. Adams

4. Hill

5. Metcalf

6. Robinson

7. Jefferson

8. Ridley

9. McLaurin

10. AJ Brown

I disagree with this list a fair amount. Main points of disagreement:

1. You are missing two of the best receivers in the league - Mike Evans, 7 seasons in the NFL, every one of them over 1,000 yards. He is a slam dunk top 5 receiver. Secondly Michael Thomas who, yes, was hurt in 2020 and didn't play much and there were grumblings about possible fall outs behind the scenes but in 2018 and 2019 he was a slam dunk all pro. He has among the best hands in the game and the criticism that he only does the underneath stuff to me was more design of the offense for a failing Drew Brees rather than Thomas having limitations. I think if he can get and stay healthy then Jameis Winston's more downfield passing style will see a big bounce back for him.

2. AJ Brown is way too low and Metcalf, I'd argue a tad too high. Brown has played two fewer games (actually started 7 fewer) has less than 100 fewer yards and more touchdowns and he is Quarterbacked by Ryan Tannehill rather than Russell Wilson. 

My list would look something like:

1. DeAndre Hopkins

2. Michael Thomas

3. Stefon Diggs

4. Davante Adams

5. Mike Evans

6. Tyreek Hill

7. AJ Brown

8. Julio Jones

9. DK Metcalf

10. Allen Robinson

On Jefferson I think he is undoubtedly getting there. I'd struggle putting any 1 year player in a top 10 list to be honest just because I think to be in that rarefied air you have to back it up. If Jefferson's goes over 1,000 again (he doesn't even have to match the sensation 1,400 yards he put up as a rookie) then he is pretty much in that top 5 or 6 already. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree with this list a fair amount. Main points of disagreement:

1. You are missing two of the best receivers in the league - Mike Evans, 7 seasons in the NFL, every one of them over 1,000 yards. He is a slam dunk top 5 receiver. Secondly Michael Thomas who, yes, was hurt in 2020 and didn't play much and there were grumblings about possible fall outs behind the scenes but in 2018 and 2019 he was a slam dunk all pro. He has among the best hands in the game and the criticism that he only does the underneath stuff to me was more design of the offense for a failing Drew Brees rather than Thomas having limitations. I think if he can get and stay healthy then Jameis Winston's more downfield passing style will see a big bounce back for him.

2. AJ Brown is way too low and Metcalf, I'd argue a tad too high. Brown has played two fewer games (actually started 7 fewer) has less than 100 fewer yards and more touchdowns and he is Quarterbacked by Ryan Tannehill rather than Russell Wilson. 

My list would look something like:

1. DeAndre Hopkins

2. Michael Thomas

3. Stefon Diggs

4. Davante Adams

5. Mike Evans

6. Tyreek Hill

7. AJ Brown

8. Julio Jones

9. DK Metcalf

10. Allen Robinson

On Jefferson I think he is undoubtedly getting there. I'd struggle putting any 1 year player in a top 10 list to be honest just because I think to be in that rarefied air you have to back it up. If Jefferson's goes over 1,000 again (he doesn't even have to match the sensation 1,400 yards he put up as a rookie) then he is pretty much in that top 5 or 6 already. 

Nice. I always forget about Mike Evans. I guess part of my subconscious wants no part of him.

If I'm putting together a squad, I'm leaning toward younger, so I wouldn't look at Julio. I think Hopkins is the oldest guy on the list, but he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down yet.