Diggs #3 overall WR entering 2021 according to ESPN

#1 is Davante 

#2 is Deandre

3. Stefon Diggs, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 2 | Lowest ranking: 8

Some evaluators wondered aloud how Diggs would handle Buffalo, a new offense and a (then) inaccurate quarterback in Josh Allen after the trade from Minnesota.

Answer: Like an elite receiver should. Diggs vaulted from fringe top-10 guy to one of the game's best thanks to a truly dominant season. Allen's new BFF led the league in targets (166), catches (127) and receiving yards (1,535).

Fantasy Football is Free on ESPN

More people play on ESPN than anywhere else. Join or create a league in the No. 1 Fantasy Football game! Sign up for free >>

"Years ago, one of [Minnesota's] receivers got hurt and they put in this new receiver, Diggs," recalled a veteran AFC defensive coach. "Smaller guy, more of a slot receiver at the time -- we figured it shouldn't be a problem. We get in the game and he had a pretty damn good day. He's been [great] ever since."

Diggs produced 20.3 receptions above expected, per NFL Next Gen Stats, by far the highest clip in the NFL.

Though Diggs was unhappy in Minnesota, those who coached him or followed him closely knew he would thrive when made the focal point of a high-level offense. He was a primary option for the Vikings but he shared that role with Adam Thielen.

"He's so competitive that his demeanor and ability had the opposite effect that some thought -- he lifted the entire offense up with his standard of play and his ability to get open and make tough catches," an AFC exec said.

Added an AFC coordinator: "Practices like every day is a game. He's known for that. Really quick, great route runner, knack for getting open."

Edited by BruceVilanch
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Pretty amazing just how well Allen and Diggs work together. Diggs was always great, but I don't think he ever was at this level before getting to have a QB just as determined and competitive as him.

• Like (+1) 2

His standards of practice and play and his overall talent lifted the entire offense.   That's huge praise for Diggs.   

Think about that.  How many players, other than quarterbacks, can you say that about?    JJ Watt, maybe.  Who else?   They're saying he combines talent and work ethic at the highest levels, and he makes everyone else better.  Some have said, and it's probably true, that some, maybe a big piece, of Allen's success last season was attributable to Diggs.  Allen had a receiver he always could count on, who always ran the route and always caught the ball.  That's a great luxury for a young QB.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

His standards of practice and play and his overall talent lifted the entire offense.   That's huge praise for Diggs.   

Think about that.  How many players, other than quarterbacks, can you say that about?    JJ Watt, maybe.  Who else?   They're saying he combines talent and work ethic at the highest levels, and he makes everyone else better.  Some have said, and it's probably true, that some, maybe a big piece, of Allen's success last season was attributable to Diggs.  Allen had a receiver he always could count on, who always ran the route and always caught the ball.  That's a great luxury for a young QB.  

You nailed it sir!!

36 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Think about that.  How many players, other than quarterbacks, can you say that about?    JJ Watt, maybe.  Who else?

Aaron Donald and George Kittle come to mind.  Hard to tell.

14 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Lol what clown ranked him 8th?  Third I can see, but outside the top 5?

1ManRaid, my good friend, it was probably the same joker who had Allen ranked 9th:

“5. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 2 | Lowest ranking: 9

I ask you gents… what kind of MAROONS are working over there that would take 8 QBs ahead of JA17 and turn around and take 7 WRs over Diggs?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

"Years ago, one of [Minnesota's] receivers got hurt and they put in this new receiver, Diggs," recalled a veteran AFC defensive coach. "Smaller guy, more of a slot receiver at the time -- we figured it shouldn't be a problem. We get in the game and he had a pretty damn good day. He's been [great] ever since."

Wade Phillips quote

47 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Who the hell ranks Diggs #8?

usatsi_11594029.jpg

• Haha (+1) 10

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

😂😂😂

He is reaching so hard. 

Diggs is phenomenal in the locker room and imo adds an intensity to practices that the offense didn't have before. 

He's not a diva or a distraction,  he's just a WR that knows he's great and wants the ball in his hands as often as possible  

Jefferson had a phenomenal year but let's see him produce year in and year out,  not get injured and elevate everyone around him.

I would take this trade all day, even if we drafted Jefferson.  Diggs is an extremely important piece to this team in general and you can't put a price tag on that 

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

😂😂😂

He is reaching so hard. 

Diggs is phenomenal in the locker room and imo adds an intensity to practices that the offense didn't have before. 

He's not a diva or a distraction,  he's just a WR that knows he's great and wants the ball in his hands as often as possible  

Jefferson had a phenomenal year but let's see him produce year in and year out,  not get injured and elevate everyone around him.

I would take this trade all day, even if we drafted Jefferson.  Diggs is an extremely important piece to this team in general and you can't put a price tag on that 

I dunno....I think the author was correct for the most part....trade worked well for the Vikings...I think he whiffed by not being big enough to say that worked out exactly as planned for the Bills too