Several teams mulling trade for Xavien Howard

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I think you take advantage of an opportunity presented to you.... you can’t just say, “ah well that player would put us over the top this year, but that contract is hefty and no need to take it on because we will compete every year”.  Things change rapidly in this league. You can go for SB contender to middling team pretty damn quick, see the 49ers as an example (Again, not specifically talking about Howard, but if a good #2 corner became available already on a decent contract, it would be foolish for the Bills to not seriously consider pulling the trigger, IMO.)

No one will argue with adding a player on a "decent" contract.  That's rarely the case, though.

This is our biggest threat in the East? 🤣😂

Howard is very good but his int numbers definitely inflate his value.  

I'd take him all day if we didn't have Tre.

Mia has tons of picks, going to get more. Whether they hit on them or not will determine if they're a good or great team  

19 hours ago, NoSaint said:

with a cornerstone qb they can win a lot all the time… but occasionally you have to put the chips on the table to go after a ring… and that rarely bankrupts you. 

this isn’t the guy I do it for though.

Tend to agree.  And you try to avoid taking on too much bad money or paying too much in compensation.  This falls in the latter.  If they could get an overpaid CB for a 5th round pick? get it done.

20 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Says will take a 1st to get him plus a new contract 

Screenshot_20210714-171501_theScore.jpg

Screenshot_20210714-172013_theScore.jpg

Howard would be a great pick up for any team in the league, the guy is in the prime and is well worth a mid-late first rounder. Shutdown corner remains a top priority in the ever growing passing league it has become. Why Miami would shop him is weird though when their defense is what carried them to double digit wins. I’m certainly in favor of getting the guy OUT of the AFC East.

19 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This is our biggest threat in the East? 🤣😂

Howard is very good but his int numbers definitely inflate his value.  

I'd take him all day if we didn't have Tre.

Mia has tons of picks, going to get more. Whether they hit on them or not will determine if they're a good or great team  

Patriots will always be our biggest threat as long as BB is at the helm.  The Brown acquired a lot of picks over the years but were never able to find their QB.  Even now I'm not convinced Mayfield is the guy.  Same will go for the Fins.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dolphins’ Howard reports despite unhappiness with contract

https://apnews.com/article/sports-nfl-miami-dolphins-c8d2e4cd499b3901e2fe32ac20204f38

Howard joined the rest of the Dolphins reporting Tuesday after he sat out mandatory minicamp because he’s unhappy with the $75.25 million, five-year extension he signed two years ago. There had been speculation he might hold out.

Flores said all 90 players on the roster reported for conditioning tests at the Dolphins’ new $135 million training camp next to their stadium.

“It is like the first day back to school,” said Flores, beginning his third year with the team. The Dolphins doubled their win total to 10 last year but missed the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season.

On Phish board poster stated they should double wins again this year since they doubled it last year and kept anyone who made a difference.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Dolphins’ Howard reports despite unhappiness with contract

https://apnews.com/article/sports-nfl-miami-dolphins-c8d2e4cd499b3901e2fe32ac20204f38

On Phish board poster stated they should double wins again this year since they doubled it last year and kept anyone who made a difference.

Yeah the QB though? 🤣

On 7/16/2021 at 4:37 AM, Victory Formation said:

Dudes making $15M/yr and wants a new contract? Whaaaaaaaa?

After this year he has very little left in guarantees. I suspect what he wants is the Fish to find a way of committing to him beyond this year as much as a pay rise. His contract is at the pretty classic hold out point for a star player. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He said he’s willing to work with management to help both sides. Can something like this happen here? Can the Bills rework his contract to give him upfront money? I’d gladly give the Dolphins a 1st rd pick in the 30s for a top notch CB opposite Tre Day.

Edited by Solomon Grundy