QB coach Ken Dorsey promoted to “Passing Game Coordinator”

I think Dorsey may have had a lot to do with Josh taking the steps he did last year just the same as Cam did while he was in Carolina . I think he should be the next OC when Dabol gets his HC ing offer it would keep the stability, familiarity, and all around comfort with in the system that Josh needs to continue on his accent as a great NFL QB .

If i were Beane i would pull him a side and plant the seed in his ear that if Dabol does leave you are our choice for the job .

On 7/14/2021 at 2:18 PM, DJB said:

Nah I'm thinking defensive coordinator 

such a crazy idea it just might work.  that kind of out of the box fresh thinking is what is needed.  would you be interested in a Job with the LV Raiders?  how attached are you to your current hair style?

• Haha (+1) 1

based on this and how our draft went, it's pretty clear our FO wants an open environment where everyone knows they are competing for their job, or at the very least they have replacements in the wings if people leave.

it kinda reminds me (in a positive sense) of pete carol.  he's jonny enthusiasm and cap'n rah rah, but if someone plays better, they will slid on into the starting role (russ is obv a great qb, but it took big guts to put him in over the FA guy in his rookie year).  even tho mcd is conservative to a fault at times, when push does come to shove he will boot the established starter for an up and comer, and it seems they are signalling to everyone that if/when coaches leave they will be replaced without missing a beat.

billacheat is obv the goat at this, but when you have a one side of the ball wizard like dude on the rams or fatty in KC, it can take them a while to get the D in order because the consider it the guys who have to go on the field when they don't have the ball rather than at the top of their mind.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:21 PM, Augie said:

You are still a young man. @Chandler#81 and @plenzmd1 watched his grandfather play in a leather helmet. I missed that game, but I hear it was one helluva tailgate! 

IIRC, there was a pandemic at the time. All the referees were ill. 43 broken noses, 6 broken legs, 3 KO’s.

When Men were Men, Dammit!

A38D5545-20F5-409C-9BC0-9098709B00B9.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 months later...

This thread started out with this being a precatautionary promotion for when dabol gets his hc gig. Right now, uh that's not looking so hot anymore. Hopefully that changes, for the good of the Bills that is. I know this isn't a Dabol thread, but my opinion is take him or leave him, whatevs.

Edited by Bferra13

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not even going to try and suggest this has anything to do with our offensive struggles so far because I simply don’t know what Dorsey does and how it’s different from what he did last year. 

Can't imagine daboll would be cool with dorsey running the offense whatsoever. Whoever is calling the offense, is making daboll look bad and I can't imagine daboll would be cool with that 

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Can't imagine daboll would be cool with dorsey running the offense whatsoever. Whoever is calling the offense, is making daboll look bad and I can't imagine daboll would be cool with that 

Are you saying you don’t think Daboll is the one calling the offense?

On 7/16/2021 at 9:14 AM, T master said:

I think Dorsey may have had a lot to do with Josh taking the steps he did last year just the same as Cam did while he was in Carolina . I think he should be the next OC when Dabol gets his HC ing offer it would keep the stability, familiarity, and all around comfort with in the system that Josh needs to continue on his accent as a great NFL QB .

If i were Beane i would pull him a side and plant the seed in his ear that if Dabol does leave you are our choice for the job .

I'm not sure why Beane would do this.  McD chooses his staff.  And I'm guessing McD and Dorsey have already had this conversation.  

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

59 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Why wouldnt he be, and if he's not, what's he doing? 

You’re the one who said it..

• Haha (+1) 2

Allen has averaged about 5-6 yards per attempt so far this season, the game-plan has clearly been short-throws (and run game) focused and unfortunately he’s missed several attempts when he goes mid-deep passes. Allen is a rhythm thrower and dunk and dunk game-plan hasn’t let him get into his gun-slinger groove because it’s not his game. 

• Agree 1

Huh I missed this to.  So there is something different going on.

Likely Dorsey is responsible for the passing game plans.  How to attack a team that week.  Not impressed so far as both game plans appeared to be "yea we know that's their strength but let's attack it because maybe they won't expect us to be that reckless especially 5 wide sets vs Pittsburgh.  And throwing 14 times to Xavien Howard and Byron Jones.  Good plans.  

Time to blow that up.  Worry about replacing Dabol in the off season.   

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Allen has averaged about 5-6 yards per attempt so far this season, the game-plan has clearly been short-throws (and run game) focused and unfortunately he’s missed several attempts when he goes mid-deep passes. Allen is a rhythm thrower and dunk and dunk game-plan hasn’t let him get into his gun-slinger groove because it’s not his game. 

Short, high-percentage passes are exactly what he needs to get in the groove. I agree that it doesn't come naturally to him, but three years ago, his game was to run whenever he got pressured. He quickly learned to be patient, buy time, and let the play develop. Josh has shown the ability to adapt and change his game when necessary. A dink and dunk offense moves the chains and keeps the opposing offense off the field, which is pretty important when you're going through the likes of KC on the way to the Super Bowl.

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Likely Dorsey is responsible for the passing game plans.  How to attack a team that week.  Not impressed so far as both game plans appeared to be "yea we know that's their strength but let's attack it because maybe they won't expect us to be that reckless especially 5 wide sets vs Pittsburgh.  And throwing 14 times to Xavien Howard and Byron Jones.  Good plans.  

Why is that the "likely" case? I understand the hypothetical scenario you're outlining, but I'm wondering why you think it's the odds on for what's occuring, currently?