QB coach Ken Dorsey promoted to “Passing Game Coordinator”

Nice! Congrats Dorsey!

I’m guessing that they’re preparing him to take over as OC when Daboll most likely gets a head coaching job next offseason.

But I also wonder if it had anything to do with the interview(s) he had for OC positions this past offseason? I wonder if they possibly had to promote him in order not to lose him? Or maybe he wanted some assurances that he would be the next OC here if/when Daboll left?

Im guessing it’s most likely just McDermott wanting to be prepared for when Daboll leaves though. McDermott is definitely one who plans ahead. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I guess this is what it looks like when you get old.  You watch these guys play starting in college and now they're coaches in the NFL.

You are still a young man. @Chandler#81 and @plenzmd1 watched his grandfather play in a leather helmet. I missed that game, but I hear it was one helluva tailgate! 

Edited by Augie
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JPP said:

Just another way to say "coach in training".....no doubt Daboll is not going to just stop calling the passing game....

I agree.  Whatever this is, it's not Daboll in any way putting his fate in the hands of the young QB coach.  

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I guess this is what it looks like when you get old.  You watch these guys play starting in college and now they're coaches in the NFL.

I realized I was old when I recognized a student's last name ... because her dad was my student 20 years before.

• Like (+1) 1

Dorsey was never going anywhere anyway.  Daboll's likely gone after this season and why wouldn't Dorsey want to coach Josh and be in line for HC'ing gig himself a few years later?

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is it safe to say that Dorsey was the last QB with the Miami Hurricanes when they were still considered a power house?

31 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I realized I was old when I recognized a student's last name ... because her dad was my student 20 years before.

OMG….are you like 97 years old?

2 hours ago, Augie said:

You are still a young man. @Chandler#81 and @plenzmd1 watched his grandfather play in a leather helmet. I missed that game, but I hear it was one helluva tailgate! 

Both of those guys watched the construction of the Hoover Dam.

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Is it safe to say that Dorsey was the last QB with the Miami Hurricanes when they were still considered a power house?

I think so.  They’ve been decent to terrible since then.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Both of those guys watched the construction of the Hoover Dam.

@Chandler#81 was present for the creation of the Grand Canyon.  When he tells you to get off his lawn, you had better get on your horsey and GO! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Dabol grooming him, just hope he doesn't try poaching him as soon as he gets a HC job. I could see Dabol  wanting him and Trubinski

Why would he take that when he could stay and have McDermott and Allen. That’s clearly the better duo and he would get to call plays. We might lose him but surely not to Daboll and trubisky. 

Edited by YattaOkasan

17 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Why would he take that when he could stay and have McDermott and Allen. That’s clearly the better duo and he would get to call plays. We might lose him but surely not to Daboll and trubisky. 

I agree that the better job is here, I'm just saying that I could see Dabol making a run at him