Richard Sherman Arrested

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'm speaking conviction. That's why I stated victims of domestic violence usually end up not wanting to cooperate after some time elapses.

A lot don’t make it even that far because of the reasons you stated. Victim doesn’t want to cooperate and press charges. 

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Never was a fan.  Tried to come off above everyone else.  Seems like a “do you know who I am?” Type 

He's not. I lives in Seattle in the height of the Legion of Boom era. He was a genuinely good guy, and loved to interact with fans. Didn't cloister himself in some exclusive neighborhood either. His charity work around the Seattle area was legit as well.

The "No Bail" is pretty bad, as usually that means a judge thinks his alleged crime was so bad, or that there;s enough evidence he actually did it, that he's a true threat to his victims

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Can anyone add more insight into "Burglary Domestic Violence"?

Does that mean he basically pushed his way into her house to take something? Likely something he felt belongs to him...

Thats what I came up with and he pushed her out the way in doing so. Domestic Violence can such a wide range of actions against someone most are never good 

Not sure how common it is in Washington but being denied bail surprised me. 

That’s the complete opposite of how things operate in NY unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Thats what I came up with and he pushed her out the way in doing so. Domestic Violence can such a wide range of actions against someone most are never good 

The charge is burglary and the victim is what makes it a domestic related charge. He/she probably doesn’t necessarily even need to be present at the time of the incident. 

It also doesn’t mean Sherman put his hands on the victim either as that would probably have resulted in additional charges.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Interesting no bail.  You can burn down buildings in Seattle and get right out so he must have done something really really bad.

For his sake I hope it is overblown.  

Still, no bail is ridiculous.   He has a constitutional right to reasonable bail, and unless there are some really unusual circumstances, he isn't likely to flee the country or go on some rampage killing people.   

Personally, I've never liked the guy.  The media made him their darling because he was articulate and funny, but the truth is that what he a loud mouth with an inflated sense of his own importance.   There's a reason he didn't stay in Seattle, and the reason is that he's difficult to deal with.  I mean, if you were running a football team, and you were evaluating just on-field football skill, why wouldn't you want to keep a Richard Sherman?  

Still, he shouldn't be in jail. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, appoo said:

He's not. I lives in Seattle in the height of the Legion of Boom era. He was a genuinely good guy, and loved to interact with fans. Didn't cloister himself in some exclusive neighborhood either. His charity work around the Seattle area was legit as well.

The "No Bail" is pretty bad, as usually that means a judge thinks his alleged crime was so bad, or that there;s enough evidence he actually did it, that he's a true threat to his victims

Ok not to race bait cause that's not my thing but how does Sherman get no bail but Chad Wheeler can get released on bail after doing this in Washington state as well

images.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Not sure how common it is in Washington but being denied bail surprised me. 

That’s the complete opposite of how things operate in NY unfortunately.

The charge is burglary and the victim is what makes it a domestic related charge. He/she probably doesn’t necessarily even need to be present at the time of the incident. 

It also doesn’t mean Sherman put his hands on the victim either as that would probably have resulted in additional charges.

Oh ok. I defer to your analyst at point cause for me it would be just speculation from me at this point.

Edited by Protocal69

4 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Or not to race bait but how does Sherman get no bail but Chad Wheeler can get released on bail after doing this:

images.jpeg

Oh ok. I defer to your analyst at point cause for me it would be just speculation from me at this point.

Well we don’t know what he did yet…

26 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Normally I would ask is it OK that I spewed my Pepsi all over the screen after reading that?  But Richard Sherman?  Nah....it is MORE than OK!!  Thanks for the laugh Yolo!

I'm interested to understand why this comes as no surprise to you.  Personally, I've never viewed Sherman as anything but an extremely confident, opinionated, elite football player who played the game the right way.  I never saw any indication that he was a "bad man," in any way - especially off the field.

I'd like to know what has made you obviously think otherwise.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well we don’t know what he did yet…

Exactly. They're not going to hold him without a pretty good reason. This is Seattle/King County. They're fairly progressive there. They've had reforms over the years to reduce bail, and make it easier on folks to avoid jail. Plus, the county has a massive backlog of cases to deal with, thanks to COVID, and they're actually being rather careful about who they keep in jail.

Right now, my assumption is that Sherman was denied bail because...well because it's bad. But I'm hoping for his sake and the alleged victim's sake that's not that case.

Edited by appoo
  • Agree 1

I think he is done for his career unless he gets fully cleared. Unlike other players who have come back from this Sherman is older and on the decline. Team's were going to take him on as even if he isn't what he once was he still had some value but now I just don't see teams wanting all this drama for a guy who maybe had one or two more years left as a serviceable number 2 corner left.

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Welp, there it is. He's almost certain to be on the KC roster by opening day. 

As long as OJ Simpson's name remains on the wall, the Bills are no better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1