Richard Sherman Arrested

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

that video really wasn’t that bad 

He seriously damaged the door, got it partially open, and got pepper-sprayed in the face?

I'm sorry, video of you trying to break into the house where my family lives and only desisting when you got a face full of pepper spray, would look plenty bad to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He seriously damaged the door, got it partially open, and got pepper-sprayed in the face?

I'm sorry, video of you trying to break into the house where my family lives and only desisting when you got a face full of pepper spray, would look plenty bad to me.

It was bad, but thankfully no one got hurt, and it seems Sherman knows it.

He's apparently been in a pretty bad place for awhile now, as back in Feb he got one of those court orders that recognized him as a danger to himself and others, and barred from guns - and he's been on anti-depressants while getting therapy.

Mental health illness is really hard on the individual and the family.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, appoo said:

He's apparently been in a pretty bad place for awhile now, as back in Feb he got one of those court orders that recognized him as a danger to himself and others, and barred from guns - and he's been on anti-depressants while getting therapy.

Reading about the ERPO now.  First I've heard of it.  Poor guy must really be messed up.  Clearly, this isn't one bad night.  Can't help but think CTE is playing a major role in this.  

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’m not saying it was a good look. I more or less meant by comparison to other videos that have been released, like Baker running from the cops or Ray Rice punching his girl. 

6 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I’m not saying it was a good look. I more or less meant by comparison to other videos that have been released, like Baker running from the cops or Ray Rice punching his girl. 

Ah, yeah, relative to punching or kicking a woman or resisting arrest, I take your point.

On 7/16/2021 at 5:03 PM, appoo said:

I am looking at upcoming eye surgery related to when a family member was in a bad place a few years ago. I hold zero ill will because I recognize it for what it was. 

If all is well for you in your life, you are blessed. Just know that not all people are so fortunate. 

EDIT: Full disclosure, the cataract surgery is a lot like LASIK and they say it fixes your vision so no need to deal with contacts or glasses, so that part is kinda exciting. BUT, it’s still surgery on my eyeballs, which carries a certain dread factor. Back when it happened the doc told me that put some years on my right eye, so this came much sooner than would be expected. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

When you watch the video of the incident and remember some of his rants during & after games & the foolish things he has done on his career it really doesn't surprise me in the least that he lost it he can't keep it wrapped up when he's sober let alone adding alcohol .

That is a perfect concoction for a disastrous out come ! 

On 7/16/2021 at 2:46 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Well written (by his agent, PR person or attorney). 

And before y’all start screaming about Stanford and SAT English/Composition scores, please understand, his handlers (agent or attorney) said “Gimme your phone and let me take care of this”. It’s a new age. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:34 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Thanks for asking.  It’s for it.

I felt you would be the best resource :)

On 7/14/2021 at 11:17 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Whatever I think it says...no need to actually read it. 

I took bible study in kindergarten 54 years ago. Bible was read to me.
Feel I have enough to go on 
 But prefer to trust the experts in these critical matters :)

On 7/14/2021 at 11:37 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

That 911 dispatcher needs to be replaced.

Brutal. and wrongful.
Replaced and critique their process as well.

If and when we are in an emergency and fully stressed . we need Help. not BS

concerns me to read these things too often.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:14 AM, Gugny said:

That a woman can get pregnant without having sex?

one of the finer details . I see you keep up.

and  a Manger can be nice place to hang for some wine and a birthing ?

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

used to be...

image.png.cca2d6c89a14acbc9b8e950141ffa371.png

Cathode ray terminal actually

On 7/16/2021 at 2:46 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Perhaps I am in the minority here ?

But feel awful he and his Family are living this. 

for whatever the affliction is or how it came to the forefront of his life.
 Mental Health. When it becomes degraded by disease or self inflicted is just a horrorshow for too many Folks.
and it always affects Family who might well be innocent bystanders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

While I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who is genuinely afflicted with a mental health disorder, it's also become a nice little sound bite for anyone in the public eye to stick in  a press release two seconds after they get caught acting like a dick.

Get caught having an affair? "I've been battling sex addiction for some time." Yeah, you, me and every other man on earth.

Arrested for beating your kids? "I'm battling some personal demons and this time they got the better of me"

They all sound like deviant priests who blame the temptation of satan for forcing their hand. At some point in life you have to just come out and admit you behaved like an ####### without the colorful crispy coating

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

While I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who is genuinely afflicted with a mental health disorder, it's also become a nice little sound bite for anyone in the public eye to stick in  a press release two seconds after they get caught acting like a dick.

Get caught having an affair? "I've been battling sex addiction for some time." Yeah, you, me and every other man on earth.

Arrested for beating your kids? "I'm battling some personal demons and this time they got the better of me"

They all sound like deviant priests who blame the temptation of satan for forcing their hand. At some point in life you have to just come out and admit you behaved like an ####### without the colorful crispy coating

I understand your point as a general point.  Too many excuses, not enough personal accountability.

But in this case, apparently Sherman's mental and personal struggles have been going on since February with various documentation, friends trying to help him, etc.

Doesn't seem like an afterthought, and in fact, he didn't have an affair, beat his wife or kids etc etc.

Perhaps you meant this as a general comment and not about Sherman in particular?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1