Richard Sherman Arrested

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I mean, sounds like he was drunk and having a family argument. Not sure much more needs to be read into it than that.

There was no real "violence", it is just technically classified as DV.

Call it a real bad day/week.

Most concerning is the threats of suicide.  Particularly when it comes to NFL athletes and what we know about the effects of concussions.

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Most concerning is the threats of suicide.  Particularly when it comes to NFL athletes and what we know about the effects of concussions.

Some threats of suicide are illegitimate and manipulative used for attention. Wife is leaving him so he goes to "I will kill myself". To me this seems like a personal issue since he was driving to his in-laws house. Who knows what the deal is - marital issues blamed on in-laws? Wife said she is not going with him to Buffalo (haha) because her parents want her to stay close? Or something completely different - was drugged or used something he normally wouldn't; Was completely wasted like a 21yr old on their bday; Mental illness...

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Some threats of suicide are illegitimate and manipulative used for attention. Wife is leaving him so he goes to "I will kill myself". To me this seems like a personal issue since he was driving to his in-laws house. Who knows what the deal is - marital issues blamed on in-laws? Wife said she is not going with him to Buffalo (haha) because her parents want her to stay close? Or something completely different - was drugged or used something he normally wouldn't; Was completely wasted like a 21yr old on their bday; Mental illness...

Thats the thing.  You never know.  I don't know Sherman personally, but he seems like a sincere, intelligent guy.  I wouldn't take those threats lightly.

Last thing I want to see is a Jovan Belcher situation.

Edited by Chicken Boo

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Learn to read, did I write jail time?  I wrote he will get a "slap on the wrist".

Lets see, drunk driving, hit and run, resisting arrest, officer and Sherman minor injuries.,,wont even go into the burglary domestic violence.

Smh... What Sherman did...anyone with no prior record would get a slap on the wrist. It was a bad drunken night. He didn't hurt anyone. A cop hurt himself in pursuit but not like he attacked officers or anyone else. Not cooperating or struggling with police by not allowing them to cuff you is not the same as assault on an officer. Again you just show you're clueless on the legal system. And that's fine...stop getting offended and becoming offensive...

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting that Sherman just recently began working with a mental/brain health company.  Doesn't acknowledge any personal issues, but there's been other interviews he's given in the past where he expressed concern about the mental wellbeing of players.  Maybe he knew it was coming for him?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/yolarobert1/2021/06/09/nfls-richard-sherman-teams-up-with-healthtech-company-nurosene-to-shed-light-on-mental-and-brain-health/?sh=30ad17d2295a

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/richard-sherman-investing-mental-health-212341981.html

His last tweet was drawing attention to a seminar regarding treatment of concussions.  

On 7/14/2021 at 1:55 PM, SirAndrew said:

That’s only because all the others get caught before the serial part is added. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, and I don't think it's funny, but it's the correct use of the term so...that's an interesting twist on survivor bias

On 7/14/2021 at 10:35 AM, appoo said:

He's not. I lives in Seattle in the height of the Legion of Boom era. He was a genuinely good guy, and loved to interact with fans. Didn't cloister himself in some exclusive neighborhood either. His charity work around the Seattle area was legit as well.

The "No Bail" is pretty bad, as usually that means a judge thinks his alleged crime was so bad, or that there;s enough evidence he actually did it, that he's a true threat to his victims

Didn't check the rest of the thread, but he was released without bail. Meaning released on his own recognizance. Not held without bail.