Richard Sherman Arrested

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

It's almost like some courts value human life more than brick and mortar. Imagine that.

Because no one is ever in a building or hurt in a fire. arson is a very violent crime.  

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

It's almost like some courts value human life more than brick and mortar. Imagine that.

Many people died in all the riots last year.  Don't you forget it.  People care about their lives, their businesses, their livelihoods.

You need to stop being so glib about these things, these are real people.

I hope Sherman gets the help he needs, and I hope he succeeds.  I'm happy nobody was hurt.

Good luck Richard.

• Haha (+1) 1

Might be getting a little ahead of ourselves with the CTE talk.  Could just be a dude with depressive tendencies and a drinking problem.  I have a couple of friends who unfortunately occasionally find themselves in similar situations when they go on their benders.  Otherwise good people, but not when they are on the drink.

• Agree 1

I live about 15 minutes away from the scene of the crash.

That construction zone on SR-520 near the Microsoft campus has had a number of crashes - the lanes narrow and shift in that area to allow for the construction of light rail and accompanying pedestrian bridges in the area.  I can imagine it's quite a challenge to successfully navigate that drunk, particularly if you are speeding or if there is a car on the other side of you.

I would also be very surprised if there is race bias involved here.  While the neighborhood is well to do, that area just to the east of Microsoft where Sherman's in laws live is deep blue (Biden won by 48-50 points in those precincts), very diverse, and the Redmond police department has a very good reputation locally, certainly better than SPD or the King County Sheriff's Office.  When your in laws call the cops on you because you're trying to break into your home, the problem generally isn't the cops in that situation.

9 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Do you think if he had scored higher on his SATs (a much better indicator of intelligence) that he would have been eligible for bail?  Is he just too stupid for bail?

i was replying to two separate statements it’s my bad i didnt separate the quotes.

edit: fact just remains no one should be reading into “bail denied” as meaning anything other than a procedural issue. A few posters keyed on that no bail issue and assumed the worst. All i am saying is that’s not necessarily the case. 

Edited by JoPoy88

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

There were several non-police  witnesses to Sherman's extensive  activities that night--including his family, who called the cops.  What racist knee-jerk conclusion are being made about that?

There are myriad examples at the beginning of the thread. In addition, those were made at the outset, prior to the witnesses being known/discussed. 

14 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

non-story?  Actually sadly it is.   Just a non-story because he drove into a wall instead of killing someone.

Yeah because of fame and $ he will get a slap on the wrist.  What would happen if that were you or me?

If it were you or me you think we would get jail time for the same offenses? You clearly are clueless about the legals system.

So,

Sherman gets drunk. Something goes down and he angrily leaves to go confront his in-laws. His girlfriend tries to stop him, fails, and calls the police to say he’s unarmed and suicidal.

He crashes his car into a median (probably because he’s drunk), and then walks the rest of the way to his in-laws. When he gets there he tries to break in and they call the police.

The police arrive and he tries to flee. When that fails he tries to fight them and a dog has to be used to help subdue him.

Or as we call it around here… Friday night.

• Haha (+1) 4

20 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know about good dude, but he’s always been relatively smart.  He’s a Stanford grad., and you don’t get in there even if you’re are a great athlete unless you’re very bright.  

this was a surprise to me.  I never pegged him for a dumb decision, but my guess and just a guess befor knowing anything, it’s a relationship that became ugly  and trying to get something back important to him.

who knows?  She could have done something rotten and he handled badly.  Then again, he not be who he portrays himself to be either.  It will eventually come out.  It always does at some point.

For his sake, I hope he was just a jolted guy trying to get back a momento or something.

20 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t know about good dude, but he’s always been relatively smart.  He’s a Stanford grad., and you don’t get in there even if you’re are a great athlete unless you’re very bright.  

this was a surprise to me.  I never pegged him for a dumb decision, but my guess and just a guess befor knowing anything, it’s a relationship that became ugly  and trying to get something back important to him.

who knows?  She could have done something rotten and he handled badly.  Then again, he not be who he portrays himself to be either.  It will eventually come out.  It always does at some point.

For his sake, I hope he was just a jolted guy trying to get back a momento or something.

Domestic violence is terrible, Guns, but what you referenced above concerning his intelligence and this fall that he is experiencing makes me also think of mental instability and early onset CTE.

There are multiple reasons to be sad about this story, regardless of any prior feelings I might have had against Richard Sherman.

still wouldn’t mind seeing the Bills “help”, if possible.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have edited my original post after genuflecting my initial careless use of descriptors. 

OK - first off - I will admit this will come across elitist but the "RICH ENTITLED ATHLETE" mentality he exhibits tends to make me believe more than not he has a deficit in his character make up.  I know it sounds morally superior but the optics to me are hard to shake.  Compound that with the fact that he is in the NFL....pressures abound and what not and it seem like quite a few players make some of the damndest decisions known.

Using the word "thug" was wrong on my part - I admit that - however in my eye he is just another one of those "I'm a rich NFL player, I can and will do what I want".  I am sorry for any angst I created by my initial broad brush depiction.  I also am sorry for being "that" guy.

Kwai

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, TroutDog said:

There are myriad examples at the beginning of the thread. In addition, those were made at the outset, prior to the witnesses being known/discussed. 

How many are in a myriad?

A quick review of the first 4 pages of the thread turned up 1 poster who used the word "thug" who subsequently was jumped by several other posters, forcing him to  beg public forgiveness for using the word at all.  Another poster called Sherman a racist.  The rest was: let's not jump to conclusions, he  could be in some trouble with this, Sherman is a very intelligent guy, and stuff about the relevance of SAT scores.....

• Like (+1) 7