Richard Sherman Arrested

Yikes.  Article below contains details from the 911 call.  Sounds like an acute psychiatric episode of some sort.  Hate to bring up CTE, but...

https://mynorthwest.com/3034674/former-seahawks-cb-richard-sherman-reportedly-booked-into-jail/

Edit:  Missed this little detail on the first read: "Moss assured dispatchers that he did not have weapons, but he had been drinking vodka and Hennessy"

Edited by TheBrownBear

5 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

In a article it stated he had a 4.1 GPA which was " more than good enough to be accepted into Stanford" Where Im from the scale is 1-4 regarding GPA at least when I was in school so im not sure where the .1 comes into play

Weighted AP or IB classes earn more than  4.0 for an A

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yikes.  Article below contains details from the 911 call.  Sounds like an acute psychiatric episode of some sort.  Hate to bring up CTE, but...

https://mynorthwest.com/3034674/former-seahawks-cb-richard-sherman-reportedly-booked-into-jail/

Edit:  Missed this little detail on the first read: "Moss assured dispatchers that he did not have weapons, but he had been drinking vodka and Hennessy"

Not surprising he had been drinking. In my experience people that leave the scene of an accident, get involved in a domestic and fight with police are usually messed up on drugs or alcohol.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

Jeez.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Not surprising he had been drinking. In my experience people that leave the scene of an accident, get involved in a domestic and fight with police are usually messed up on drugs or alcohol.

The time of the arrest strongly suggested this from the beginning. I doubt he was on his way to the gym and got arrested for this at 6:00am. 

6 hours ago, TroutDog said:

As per usual, knee-jerk reactions rule the day (see Oliver and the beer can between his legs). Do people never learn?

I know this much: racism is alive and well as evidenced in this thread. Shameful. 

True.  Maybe it was a different "Richard Sherman" who had such an eventful night.  Got the wrong guy...

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Never been arrested.  I’d probably get a slap on the wrist also.  People do dumb ***** sometimes.  Even good people do dumb *****.  You know what it says in the Bible about forgiving people, right?

No idea. what does the bible say ?

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Not sure if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me. 

There were several non-police  witnesses to Sherman's extensive  activities that night--including his family, who called the cops.  What racist knee-jerk conclusion are being made about that?

• Like (+1) 1

I feel bad for Sherman, he’s a smart dude but it seems he fell on hard times. Often times your smarter people are also the loneliest.

We live in a society that prides itself on ignorance and stupidity, critical thinkers are no longer welcomed. Factor that in with celebrity and the parasites that come along with it, that want 5% of this or 10% of that of everything you make. Or the fans who ask you to pose for a picture every time you walk down the street.. I can imagine how lonely that must feel.

Who knows the reality of the situation between him and his “loved ones” who try and nickel and dime him out of every cent he makes. The ones you thought cared for you have now fractured away after you’ve realized that they simply latched onto you for money and not for who you are as a person. The first sign of trouble they leave, even after all the good you’ve done them.

I feel sorry for those with money and celebrity. At least my broke ass can tell who really likes me, which isn’t many. 😁

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This could have ended up like KC LB Jovan Belcher’s murder suicide in 2012. It was later determined Belcher had CTE. Belcher was 25 and was 3 years into his NFL career. Sherman is 11 seasons into a HoF career & surely has suffered numerous head injuries   

It’s probably time for Sherman to consider retirement, quit boozing and seek serious neurological help.

For starters the NFL should be required to do a CTE brain scan before training camp, during the bye week and at the end of the season to track their players, while also providing mental health consultants. 

8 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

This could have ended up like KC LB Jovan Belcher’s murder suicide in 2012. It was later determined Belcher had CTE. Belcher was 25 and was 3 years into his NFL career. Sherman is 11 seasons into a HoF career & surely has suffered numerous head injuries   

It’s probably time for Sherman to consider retirement, quit boozing and seek serious neurological help.

For starters the NFL should be required to do a CTE brain scan before training camp, during the bye week and at the end of the season to track their players, while also providing mental health consultants. 

There is no CTE brain scan.. that's the problem 

The only way to verify CTE rn is through autopsy of the brain after death

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There is no CTE brain scan.. that's the problem 

The only way to verify CTE rn is through autopsy of the brain after death

None? Well in that case however they diagnose when you are still alive.