Richard Sherman Arrested

4 hours ago, appoo said:

You realize he grew up in, and went to school in, Compton? He didn't exactly have the same educational/college prep opportunities as the vast majority of HS kids who took that test.

That 1100 is equivalent to a much higher score if he attended a public school in a middle class suburb.

Testing doesn't work like that.. you either know it or you don't ... He applied himself enough to get a 4.2 GPA.. he just didn't test as well

Math, reading and writing are all standard

Growing up on the east side of Buffalo, most people don't value education .. but it didn't stop the ones that did.. there were kids that had 1200-1300 SAT scores on the east side.. growing up in the ghetto didn't detract them 

It made them want to get out even more.. the fact that Sherman was getting D1 scholarships, he absolutely was getting academic help

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

This is clearly not what it was made out to be...

He got drunk...hit a concrete barrier...abandoned his car....tried to force his way in a family members home...struck nobody...really a non story

non-story?  Actually sadly it is.   Just a non-story because he drove into a wall instead of killing someone.

Yeah because of fame and $ he will get a slap on the wrist.  What would happen if that were you or me?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Testing doesn't work like that.. you either know it or you don't ... He applied himself enough to get a 4.2 GPA.. he just didn't test as well

Math, reading and writing are all standard

Growing up on the east side of Buffalo, most people don't value education .. but it didn't stop the ones that did.. there were kids that had 1200-1300 SAT scores on the east side.. growing up in the ghetto didn't detract them 

It made them want to get out even more.. the fact that Sherman was getting D1 scholarships, he absolutely was getting academic help

I'm not so sure the mean ghettos of Buffalo's East Side are equal to those of Compton.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

***Brandon Beane's phone rings***

Beane: "Hello"

Automated Voice - "This is the Redmond...County...Jail... with a collect call from "Sherman". Do you accept the charges?"

Beane: "Sure, I'll accept."

Richard Sherman: "Hey, I'll take that Veteran minimum deal now if it's still on the table." 

Edited by H2o
  • Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

4.2 GPA??? Soooo....he must've given 110% 😇

But, no bail?

GPAs are weighted nowadays.

He was not granted bail because he hasn’t made his initial court appearance  yet. Bail will be set then. Has nothing to do with the nature of the charges.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'm not so sure the mean ghettos of Buffalo's East Side are equal to those of Compton.

The fact also remains, Richard Sherman was a division 1 level athlete.. with a 4.2 GPA.. he got plenty of college prep even being in Compton .. 

My point was there's people in the ghetto who get 1,200 on the SATs.. because their goal is to get out of ghetto

Sherman getting a 1,000 is actually well behind his 4.2 GPA 

And the last few years the murder rate and violent crime rate on the east side of Buffalo has been comparable to Compton.. Compton was 18.6 murder rate in 2019.. Buffalo as a whole was 18.4... if you isolated the East side the murder rate is well over 18.4 per 100k, closer to 30 or 40... so yea The mean Streets of the East side of Buffalo and Compton are comparable

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

non-story?  Actually sadly it is.   Just a non-story because he drove into a wall instead of killing someone.

Yeah because of fame and $ he will get a slap on the wrist.  What would happen if that were you or me?

Never been arrested.  I’d probably get a slap on the wrist also.  People do dumb ***** sometimes.  Even good people do dumb *****.  You know what it says in the Bible about forgiving people, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

GPAs are weighted nowadays.

He was not granted bail because he hasn’t made his initial court appearance  yet. Bail will be set then. Has nothing to do with the nature of the charges.

Do you think if he had scored higher on his SATs (a much better indicator of intelligence) that he would have been eligible for bail?  Is he just too stupid for bail?

Gregg Bell

@gbellseattle

Redmond police chief Darrell Lowe: Richard Sherman tried to break into house of his ex-in-laws around 2am. Domestic violence specification to the burglary charge is for his relations of address’ occupants, “not because of violence against any family member/significant other”

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Gregg Bell

@gbellseattle

Redmond police chief Darrell Lowe: Richard Sherman tried to break into house of his ex-in-laws around 2am. Domestic violence specification to the burglary charge is for his relations of address’ occupants, “not because of violence against any family member/significant other”

Sounds like he pulled a Kiko/Chad Kelly and was looking for a place to sleep it off.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Gregg Bell

@gbellseattle

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Sounds like he pulled a Kiko/Chad Kelly and was looking for a place to sleep it off.

You fools want to trust a Double G Gregg?  Go for it.

I'll sit and wait until this comes out of Pat Moran's mouth.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s fair. I was genuinely curious what people see. I agree that he has brains, but who knows if he actually represented himself well in negotiations. Additionally, the self promotional stuff seemed bright, but how much was truly calculated? I never had an issue with Sherman’s on field antics, but find it amusing how many use his Stanford degree to justify it. Sherman has always been a calculated genius who does everything with a purpose. Other NFL players who behave the same are nothing more than idiots to the average fan. If we say he always seemed like an idiot, we’re crossing some invisible line. It’s amazing what a piece of paper can do for you in this country, as far as how people judge you. I’m not directing any of this towards your comments, just a general observation of how Sherman is viewed vs other players. 

Hmm, well I never knew much about Sherman or his schooling. I didn't even know he went to Stanford. I learned all of that stuff later, and it confirmed to me what I already saw in him.

I can't speak for everyone, though.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And the last few years the murder rate and violent crime rate on the east side of Buffalo has been comparable to Compton.. Compton was 18.6 murder rate in 2019.. Buffalo as a whole was 18.4... if you isolated the East side the murder rate is well over 20 per 100k

Very good point. Being raised in lower income and violent areas over run with assault, burglaries and gun violence has nothing to do with geography. The struggle is real for many communities all over the country, not just in South LA. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Very good point. Being raised in lower income and violent areas over run with assault, burglaries and gun violence has nothing to do with geography. The struggle is real for many communities all over the country, not just in South LA. 

Yeah statistically the east side of Buffalo is a mess..  lots of good people but a lot of gang violence

Unfortunately it's a economic problem... Poverty breeds violence everywhere

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Was a high caliber player, was.

Sure there are 32 teams, someone will roll the dice, after all Tim Tebow and Kelvin Benjamin are each getting a shot.  I dont care what team brings any of the three in, I can tell from what I saw all three are not NFL caliber players at this time.

Josh Norman looked completely shot in 2019 and looked like a respectable corner in 2020. I think Sherman had he not ***** up this way would have had a shot to rebound and turn in a respectable season.  

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Josh Norman looked completely shot in 2019 and looked like a respectable corner in 2020. I think Sherman had he not ***** up this way would have had a shot to rebound and turn in a respectable season.  

I highly doubt this incident hurts his free agency prospects or ends up with any form of suspension.

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I highly doubt this incident hurts his free agency prospects or ends up with any form of suspension.

He'll eventually get a DUI, but it probably won't be until late Fall or Winter. Not sure what'll happen with the Hit and run though

Edited by appoo