Richard Sherman Arrested

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I went to a mid major and a football player that transferred from a big program to our school because he wasn't getting playing time.

He asked me to proof read his essay before he turns it in.  It was a 5 page essay.

This dude, good guy, had about a 2nd grade education level.  The entire 5 page, he didn't use one punctuation....not a single one.  It was a 5 page run on sentence.  

He was eligible to play every year lol!  

The one thing that's kind of a pattern...many serial killers had very high IQ's!

That’s only because all the others get caught before the serial part is added. 

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

giphy.gif

Bye Bye

My favorite Dicky Sherman moment is two seconds after this when Erin says, “Who’s talking about you, Richard?” and it completely catches him off guard because he’s obviously just trying to boast. And he’s like, “Ah, uh, Crabtree!” 

Don’t you ever try me with no sorry receiver like Crabtree! Don’t you ever try me with no bail on mah crimes!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I went to a mid major and a football player that transferred from a big program to our school because he wasn't getting playing time.

He asked me to proof read his essay before he turns it in.  It was a 5 page essay.

This dude, good guy, had about a 2nd grade education level.  The entire 5 page, he didn't use one punctuation....not a single one.  It was a 5 page run on sentence.  

He was eligible to play every year lol!  

The one thing that's kind of a pattern...many serial killers had very high IQ's!

I have no doubt about that.  I knew some athletes that were dumb as rocks.  But then again, I took a freshman writing/literature class and I was horrified by how many of my fellow non-athlete classmates couldn't form a single coherent thought in their writing.  It was shocking.  Multiple 18 year olds who couldn't write as well as my 7 year old son.  

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not sure this is the case.  Serial killers are demented.  

Yes they clearly are, but most people who are violent enough to kill are going to do it again if they don’t get caught. I’d consider any killer demented. 

Edited by SirAndrew

21 minutes ago, appoo said:

This really isn't a great path you're on, because it leads to some fairly controversial conclusions around intelligence and race.

Intelligence testing itself isn't a settled science, so it's a bit dangerous to draw conclusions.

I think it's safer to suggest that there's a correlation between criminality and economic environment. AKA survivalism.

I'm not really scared of controversy.  We dance around so many topics in this world.  Another big lie is the link of crime and poverty.  Total nonsense.

Edited by soflabillsfan1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I have no doubt about that.  I knew some athletes that were dumb as rocks.  But then again, I took a freshman writing/literature and I was horrified by how many of my fellow non-athlete classmates couldn't form a single coherent thought in their writing.  It was shocking.  Multiple 18 year olds who couldn't write as well as my 7 year old son.  

Welcome to college in the modern world. This is why I base genius on accomplishments and actions, rather than what school someone attends. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yes they clearly are, but most people who are violent enough to kill are going to do it again if they don’t get caught. I’d consider any killer demented. 

Do you consider gang members/mafia serial killers?  Like the muscle men who take out rival gangs.  These dudes kill by the dozens.

I think I was more referencing the really weirdos like Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacey and Ted Bundy....real psychos.  

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow he had quite the night. Crashed his car at 1AM. Walked all the way to the house and tried to break in an hour later. The cops came and sicced a police dog on him to take him down when he resisted arrested. Presumably he also tried to kidnap Mike Tyson's tiger somewhere along the way.

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

I'm not really scared of controversy.  We dance around so many topics in this world.  Another big like is the link of crime and poverty.  Total nonsense.

Might want to read this....  https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=5508484140a84023a1e2d8b080e14d0a

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

OK - first off - I will admit this will come across racist but the "thug" mentality he exhibits tends to make me believe more than not he has a deficit in his character make up.  I know it sounds racist but the optics to me are hard to shake.  Compound that with the fact that he is in the NFL....pressures abound and what not and it seem like quite a few players make some of the damndest decisions known.

I have never thought he came across as a "thug". I don't know where you are getting that from.

He is a polarizing player, for sure, but he has always appeared to be very intelligent and calculated.

Seems like he messed up, though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

I'm not really scared of controversy.  We dance around so many topics in this world.  Another big like is the link of crime and poverty.  Total nonsense.

I'm not dancing here.  I'm suggesting you're using correlation data incorrectly, and this is a case dependent variables.

Children who develop in a poor socioeconomic status, statistically speaking, have much poorer outcomes than children raised in high socioeconomic status.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you consider gang members/mafia serial killers?  Like the muscle men who take out rival gangs.  These dudes kill by the dozens.

I think I was more referencing the really weirdos like Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacey and Ted Bundy....real psychos.  

That’s a great question, I suppose I would, but I don’t know if that’s technically correct. Personally, I think they are all demented. Society tends to glamorize the gang/mob world, and it creates more sympathy towards those figures. I think we also view it differently, because we don’t see their “victims” as being true victims. We see the victims as having guilt, and don’t have the same sympathy we do for others. Tony Soprano was a demented character, but the show portrayed him as human in a way we could all identify, while others are portrayed as sub human. We’re all human at the end of the day, but evil is evil. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’ve been annoyed with Sherman’s antics at times, especially on field post game interviews, but I attribute this to the level players have to psyche themselves up in an ultra competitive environment. He’s no Ali or Berra but he does have some great quotes. My fav? Asking a scowling Tom Brady after a Super Bowl loss “You mad bro?” Classic, lol.

Hope this isn’t too serious.

Edited by starrymessenger

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I have never thought he came across as a "thug". I don't know where you are getting that from.

He is a polarizing player, for sure, but he has always appeared to be very intelligent and calculated.

Seems like he messed up, though.

Please don’t take my question wrongly, I’m just genuinely curious. I see Sherman’s intelligence mentioned a lot. What about him struck you as being intelligent ? I just never saw it. 

Edited by SirAndrew