Richard Sherman Arrested

32 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think his career was done even without this.  The game I saw him lay versus the Bills last year he was old and slow, we toyed with him.  J Allen threw for 4 tds, 0 picks and 375 yards.  Sherman was an empty uniform out there.

He was a high caliber player in 2019, I think some team was going to kick the tires on him. If Josh Norman coming off of a disaster of a season in 2019 got a contract in 2020 I would have found it hard to not see Sherman getting a one year deal.

Just now, soflabillsfan1 said:

Yes. people taking the SAT are children as opposed to a few months later when they can buy a home, work full time, join the military etc.

You're assessing the intelligence of a 33-year-old man based on an SAT score that he received as a Compton school district student 16 years ago.

And somehow that makes sense to you?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

In a article it stated he had a 4.1 GPA which was " more than good enough to be accepted into Stanford" Where Im from the scale is 1-4 regarding GPA at least when I was in school so im not sure where the .1 comes into play

AP classes are weighted higher, so you can actually come close to having a 5.0 GPA on the 4.0 scale.  I think my graduating high school GPA was something like 4.34.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You're assessing the intelligence of a 33-year-old man based on an SAT score that he received as a Compton school district student 16 years ago.

And somehow that makes sense to you?

It does.  It's probably the best way we can sort people's cognitive abilities without having everyone take an IQ test.  Do you think him getting booked for domestic battery is a better way to assess his intelligence?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

I like when people call Richard Sherman smart.  Maybe for a football player but the guy got a 990 and 1080 on his SAT.  He's no brain surgeon.

*edit.  I see someone already mentioned that.

Do you have to be a brain surgeon to be smart?  He might not be a genius but the guy did get a Master's at Stanford.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you have to be a brain surgeon to be smart?  He might not be a genius but the guy did get a Master's at Stanford.

No, but you have to be smart to be a brain surgeon.  It's just a saying. Did he actually earn a masters from Stanford.? I went to a top 25 school that had a football program.  The athletes are completely catered to.  Extra help, tutors, everything.  I've also seen some shady things I wont even get into.  Things are completely different for athletes than the general student.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

It does.  It's probably the best way we can sort people's cognitive abilities without having everyone take an IQ test.  Do you think him getting booked for domestic battery is a better way to assess his intelligence?

I think one's intelligence has absolutely nothing to do with one's propensity to become a violent person/criminal.

• Like (+1) 1

So many unknowns here. Was it his wife? Was it a girlfriend? Was an actual assault involved or did he not even make it in the house?

More will come out. But there are plenty of good guys, smart guys, etc that get emotional when relationships or family get involved. So could be a number of situations in which he did something  terrible or that he did nothing and was in a fight with his wife and she locked him out of the house. Much more to come...

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed. Dude is a loud mouth on the field, but is a really smart guy off the field. This is surprising.

The hour of the arrest makes me wonder what he had been doing in the hours leading up to whatever happened….if ya know what I mean. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

AP classes are weighted higher, so you can actually come close to having a 5.0 GPA on the 4.0 scale.  I think my graduating high school GPA was something like 4.34.

Also,  many schools give A+ grades so they work on a 4.3 scale.

Just now, Gugny said:

I think one's intelligence has absolutely nothing to do with one's propensity to become a violent person/criminal.

Oh wow.  Then you are really lost.  You don't believe intelligence is negatively correlated to violent crime.  You think violent crime is equally distributed across all intelligence levels?  When did the facts stop mattering to you?  Did you write the date down?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Ok not to race bait cause that's not my thing but how does Sherman get no bail but Chad Wheeler can get released on bail after doing this in Washington state as well

images.jpeg

Oh ok. I defer to your analyst at point cause for me it would be just speculation from me at this point.

Wheeler got out after three days following his court appearance. Sherman will be out after his court appearance as well. 

No, but you have to be smart to be a brain surgeon.  It's just a saying. Did he actually earn a masters from Stanford.? I went to a top 25 school that had a football program.  The athletes are completely catered to.  Extra help, tutors, everything.  I've also seen some shady things I wont even get into.  Things are completely different for athletes than the general student.

Stanford isn't Florida or Alabama or USC where they just pass them through.  I know a lot of people who went to top 25 schools.   

He had a 3.7 GPA at Stanford.  I looked further and not sure if he completed his Masters....he enrolled in his 5th year but was drafted.

Yes of course they have tutors.  I went to a mid major and not a top 25 school but I was given a tutor as well.  

They are given tutors because they commit a lot of time with practice, conditioning, weight training etc.....

And again, this is Stanford who has a higher academic standard than most of your other top football schools.  I talked with several guys who played football at the bigger schools and they were told not to go to class on test day....all passed.  

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/richard-sherman-college-football-academic-careers/1xc5bxn4n0rv4114dnjwwzin1a

An excellent student, Sherman graduated in 2006 with a 4.2 GPA, earning salutatorian honors. According to his website, he was the first student in 20 years "qualified to attend Stanford on both academic and athletic merits." His 247Sports profile lists four schools that offered him scholarships, including one from UCLA.

Oh wow.  Then you are really lost.  You don't believe intelligence is negatively correlated to violent crime.  You think violent crime is equally distributed across all intelligence levels?  When did the facts stop mattering to you?  Did you write the date down?

I'm sure they correlate, but that doesn't mean it's an absolute.  See:  Ted Bundy.  Borderline genius/serial rapist-killer.

For some reason - hell, I'll tell the reason - because Sherman is black, has dreadlocks and a big, opinionated mouth - he's been labeled as a racist and a thug in this thread and his guilt has already been declared.

The point I'm trying to make, here, is that Richard Sherman is a smart guy, based on his high school and college achievements, being on the NFLPA board for years and his philanthropic work.

He's being judged and labeled in this thread for all the wrong reasons and I find it disgusting.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I'm sure they correlate, but that doesn't mean it's an absolute.  See:  Ted Bundy.  Borderline genius/serial rapist-killer.

For some reason - hell, I'll tell the reason - because Sherman is black, has dreadlocks and a big, opinionated mouth - he's been labeled as a racist and a thug in this thread and his guilt has already been declared.

The point I'm trying to make, here, is that Richard Sherman is a smart guy, based on his high school and college achievements, being on the NFLPA board for years and his philanthropic work.

He's being judged and labeled in this thread for all the wrong reasons and I find it disgusting.

Of course they're correlated.  Don't be the person who lives by the exception and not the rule. That throws out the facts because 1 person out of 1000 breaks the rules. Statistics matter.  No one cares that Richard Sherman is black.  Or has dreadlocks.  Every time a celebrity of any kind gets arrested you'll have people convict them before their day in court.  It's the price of fame.  Has nothing to do with race.  People love to see people fall from grace.